- Future of radiation therapy for malignant melanoma in an era of newer, more effective biological agents
Mohammad K Khan
Taussig Cancer Institute, Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Onco Targets Ther 4:137-48. 2011
- The evolving role of radiation therapy in the management of malignant melanoma
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:645-54. 2011
..The newer clinical data along with emerging radiobiological data indicate that radiotherapy is likely to play a greater role in melanoma management and should be considered as a treatment option...
- Definitive radiotherapy for early (T1-T2) glottic squamous cell carcinoma: a 20 year Cleveland Clinic experience
Mohammad K Khan
Winship Cancer Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Radiat Oncol 7:193. 2012
..To report our 20 yr experience of definitive radiotherapy for early glottic squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)...
- Plaque brachytherapy for uveal melanoma: a vision prognostication model
Department of Radiation Oncology, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:e285-90. 2012
..To generate a vision prognostication model after plaque brachytherapy for uveal melanoma...
- Roles of adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy for desmoplastic melanoma
Daniel E Oliver
aEmory University School of Medicine Departments of bRadiation Oncology cHematology and Medical Oncology dSurgical Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute eDepartment of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Rollins School of Public Health fDepartment of Surgical Pathology and Dermatology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Melanoma Res 26:35-41. 2016
..Future prospective studies are needed to better address the optimal management for these patients. ..
- Predictors of local recurrence after rituximab-based chemotherapy alone in stage III and IV diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: guiding decisions for consolidative radiation
Department of Radiation Oncology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 92:107-12. 2015
..We sought to identify a subset of patients who experienced a high local failure rate after receiving rituximab-based chemotherapy alone and hence may benefit from the addition of consolidative RT...
- Patterns of failure in advanced stage diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients after complete response to R-CHOP immunochemotherapy and the emerging role of consolidative radiation therapy
Department of Radiation Oncology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 86:569-77. 2013
..We aimed to evaluate our institutional experience when consolidative RT is delivered to initial presenting sites or bulky sites in these patients...
- Comparison of image-guided radiotherapy technologies for prostate cancer
Department of Radiation Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Am J Clin Oncol 37:616-23. 2014
..Lastly, we provide insights about the need for future outcomes research that may have a significant impact on health policies as it comes to reimbursement in the modern era. ..
- Two heads better than one? Ipilimumab immunotherapy and radiation therapy for melanoma brain metastases
Kirtesh R Patel
Department of Radiation Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia K R P, D O D, M K K Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia D H L, R R K, B C C School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia D E O Emory Vaccine Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia R A
Neuro Oncol 17:1312-21. 2015
- Factors Influencing Pulmonary Toxicity in Children Undergoing Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in the Setting of Total Body Irradiation-Based Myeloablative Conditioning
Department of Radiation Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia Electronic address
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 94:349-59. 2016
- Total skin electron therapy for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma using a modern dual-field rotational technique
Thatcher R Heumann
Emory University School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 92:183-91. 2015
..To report our experience with rotational total skin electron irradiation (RTSEI) in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL), and to examine response by disease stage and race...
- The importance of the conformality, heterogeneity, and gradient indices in evaluating Gamma Knife radiosurgery treatment plans for intracranial meningiomas
Ehsan H Balagamwala
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:1406-13. 2012
..To investigate the relationship between the conformality index (CIn), heterogeneity index (HIn), and gradient index (GIn) and the development of toxicity in patients treated with Gamma Knife radiosurgery (GKRS) for intracranial meningiomas...