Affiliation: The University of Sydney
Location: Sydney, Australia
- Differential protein expression in the prefrontal white matter of human alcoholics: a proteomics studyK Alexander-Kaufman
Department of Pathology, Blackburn Building D06, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Mol Psychiatry 11:56-65. 2006..By identifying changes in protein expression in this region from alcoholics, hypotheses may draw upon more mechanistic explanations as to how chronic ethanol consumption causes white matter damage...
- Clinical and pathological features of alcohol-related brain damageNatalie M Zahr
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, 401 Quarry Road, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Nat Rev Neurol 7:284-94. 2011..An awareness of the consequences of chronic alcohol consumption on human behavior and brain structure can enable clinicians to improve detection and treatment of ARBD...
- A proteome analysis of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in human alcoholic patientsKimberley Alexander-Kaufman
Discipline of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Sydney, NSW, Sydney, Australia
Proteomics Clin Appl 1:62-72. 2007....
- B-RAF: A contributor to the melanoma phenotypeE M L Heath
Cancer Proteomics Laboratory, School of Molecular Bioscience, G08, The University of Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 43:29-32. 2011..For this reason, alternative strategies must be developed to treat oncogenic B-RAF-induced melanomas...
- An extended antibody microarray for surface profiling metastatic melanomaKimberley L Kaufman
School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences, The University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Immunol Methods 358:23-34. 2010....
- Transketolase: observations in alcohol-related brain damage researchKimberley Alexander-Kaufman
Neuropathology Unit, Department of Pathology, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:717-20. 2009..Yet, the precise mechanism by which this enzyme is involved in the pathophysiology of these disorders remains controversial...
- CNS proteomes in alcohol and drug abuse and dependenceIzuru Matsumoto
University of Sydney, Discipline of Pathology, NSW, Australia
Expert Rev Proteomics 4:539-52. 2007..Focusing on CNS proteomics, we aim to review and update current knowledge in this rapidly advancing area...
- Proteome analysis of the dorsolateral prefrontal region from healthy individualsK Alexander-Kaufman
Department of Pathology, The University of Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Neurochem Int 51:433-9. 2007..Such studies may provide important information for understanding the molecular basis of the functional differences between grey and white matter and their response to various disease states...
- Cerebellar vermis proteome of chronic alcoholic individualsKimberley Alexander-Kaufman
Discipline of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1286-96. 2007....