- 3-Hydroxy-2'-methoxy-6-methylflavone: a potent anxiolytic with a unique selectivity profile at GABA(A) receptor subtypes
University of Sydney, Sydney NSW, 2006, Australia
Biochem Pharmacol 82:1971-83. 2011
- Low nanomolar GABA effects at extrasynaptic α4β1/β3δ GABA(A) receptor subtypes indicate a different binding mode for GABA at these receptors
Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacology, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Biochem Pharmacol 84:549-57. 2012
..Taken together, GABA may have different binding modes for extrasynaptic δ-containing GABA(A) receptors compared to their synaptic counterparts...
- Potency of GABA at human recombinant GABA(A) receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes: a mini review
Faculty of Pharmacy A15, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia
Amino Acids 44:1139-49. 2013
..At α4β2δ, GABA had low micromolar activity...
- Covalent trapping of methyllycaconitine at the α4-α4 interface of the α4β2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor: antagonist binding site and mode of receptor inhibition revealed
Nathan L Absalom
From the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Biol Chem 288:26521-32. 2013
..Consistent with other studies, we propose that the α4-α4 interface is a structural target for potential therapeutics that modulate (α4)3(β2)2 nAChRs. ..
- 2'-Methoxy-6-methylflavone: a novel anxiolytic and sedative with subtype selective activating and modulating actions at GABA(A) receptors
Faculty of Pharmacy A15, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 165:880-96. 2012
..Flavonoids are known to have anxiolytic and sedative effects mediated via actions on ionotropic GABA receptors. We sought to investigate this further...
- α4βδ GABA(A) receptors are high-affinity targets for γ-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB)
Faculty of Pharmacy A15, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:13404-9. 2012
..This finding will aid in elucidating the molecular mechanisms behind the proposed function of GHB as a neurotransmitter and its unique therapeutic effects in narcolepsy and alcoholism...
- Flavan-3-ol esters: new agents for exploring modulatory sites on GABA(A) receptors
Sebastian P Fernandez
Department of Pharmacology Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 165:965-77. 2012
..In this study we further investigated the interactions between these agents...
- Modulation of ionotropic GABA receptors by 6-methoxyflavanone and 6-methoxyflavone
Belinda J Hall
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia
Neurochem Res 39:1068-78. 2014
..The relative inactivity of 6-methoxyflavanone at α1β2 GABAA receptors and it's partial agonist action at ρ1W328 M GABA receptors suggest that it exhibits a unique profile not matched by other flavonoids. ..
- Antidepressant, Anxiolytic and Antinociceptive Activities of Constituents from Rosmarinus Officinalis
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia Faculty of Science, Taibah University, Almadina Almonawara, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Pharm Sci 18:448-59. 2015
..However, few studies have investigated the effects of non-volatile components of rosemary on central nervous system function...