- Effect of intra-articular administration of hyaluronan and cortisone on secondary osteoarthritis of the infected rabbit's knee
Department of Pathology, Gaziantep University School of Medicine, Turkey
Tohoku J Exp Med 195:35-42. 2001
..Further studies are required in order to understand the effectiveness of the combined or consecutive use of these drugs in degenerative osteoarthritis...
- Paget's disease of the esophagus
Department of Pathology, Gaziantep University School of Medicine, Gaziantep, Turkey
Dis Esophagus 15:334-5. 2002
..In this report, we describe a patient who was suffering from esophageal adenocarcinoma and discuss the origin of extramammary Paget's disease in the light of the literature...
- Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor (inflammatory pseudotumor) of the maxillary sinus mimicking malignancy: a case report of an unusual location (is that a true neoplasm?)
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, Inönü Cad Number 35, 27100 Gaziantep, Turkey
Auris Nasus Larynx 29:383-6. 2002
..We discussed the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and may consider it a true neoplasm...
- Paraurethral cyst: is conservative management always appropriate?
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep, Turkey
Eur J Pediatr Surg 12:212-4. 2002
..We report a female infant whose paraurethral cyst failed to resolve despite a 6-month observation period. She eventually required surgery. The management of our case and the experience in the literature is discussed...
- Ruptured heterotopic pregnancy: a report of unusual acute abdominal syndrome in two cases
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Gaziantep Medical School, Gaziantep, Turkey
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 29:215-6. 2002
..Explorative laparotomy and salpingectomy were performed in both patients. After surgery, the intrauterine pregnancies were not damaged, and were still healthy on progression...
- Reduced gene expression of bikunin as a prognostic marker for renal cell carcinoma
Department of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep 27310, Turkey
Exp Oncol 36:107-11. 2014
..The aim of this study was to investigate expression of bikunin at the mRNA level and screen for mutations in exon sequence in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) tissues...
- AgNOR/P53 expression compared with different grades in bladder carcinoma
Department of Pathology, Gaziantep University, School of Medicine, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 33:353-5. 2001
..The aim of this study is to assess the relation between silver-strained nucleolar organizer regions (AgNOR)/P53 expression and urothelial neoplasm of the bladder which graded according to the WHO/ISUP tumor grading system...
- Early diagnosed intramural ectopic pregnancy associated with adenomyosis: report of an unusual case
Department of Pathology, University of Gaziantep, School of Medicine, Gaziantep, Turkey
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 29:217-8. 2002
..We present an additional case of an uncomplicated intramural pregnancy in a patient with extensive adenomyosis, which is the earliest preoperatively diagnosed (sixth week of gestation) case in the literature...
- Cycline-dependent kinase inhibitor, p27 (KIP1), is associated with cholesteatoma
Y A Bayazit
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey
Laryngoscope 111:1037-41. 2001
..P27 (KIP1) is a CDKi and acts as a tumor suppressor gene. In this study, we aimed to investigate the role of p27 CDKi in cholesteatoma, a disease characterized by the presence of hyperproliferative squamous epithelium...
- The relationship between expression of p53/bcl-2 and clinicopathological criteria in cervix squamous cell carcinomas
Department of Pathology, University of Harran Faculty of Medicine, Sanburfa, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 24:411-2. 2003
..Thirty cases with squamous carcinomas of cervix who underwent total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salphingo-oopherectomy were reviewed histopathologically...