- How to Close a Limb Fasciotomy Wound: An Overview of Current Techniques
Democritus University in Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Int J Low Extrem Wounds 14:268-76. 2015
- Autologous fat grafting: in search of the optimal technique
University Hospital of Democritus University in Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece University Hospital of the RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Surg Innov 21:327-36. 2014
..This review aims to summarize our current knowledge on autologous fat grafting emphasizing harvesting techniques and processing methods as well as current trends and approaches...
- Wound closure of leg fasciotomy: comparison of vacuum-assisted closure versus shoelace technique. A randomised study
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Democritus University in Thrace Hospital, Alexandroupolis, Greece Electronic address
Injury 45:890-3. 2014
..Fasciotomies, though essential for the prevention and management of compartment syndromes, may increase morbidity and prolong hospitalisation. Two widely applied methods of delayed primary closure are compared in leg fasciotomy wounds...
- Local infiltrative anesthetic effect of tramadol compared to lidocaine for excision of cutaneous lesions: pilot randomized, double-blind clinical study
Department of Plastic Surgery, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
J Cutan Med Surg 16:101-6. 2012
..In this double-blind, randomized study, the efficacy of tramadol, an atypical opioid, was tested versus lidocaine in excision of cutaneous lesions of the face...
- Calcific uremic arteriolopathy treated with cinacalcet, paricalcitol, and autologous growth factors
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Democritus University Hospital, Alexandrouplois, Greece
J Cutan Med Surg 15:121-4. 2011
..Calcific uremic arteriolopathy is an uncommon cutaneous ischemic necrotizing disease, most commonly associated with renal disease and hyperparathyroidism, bearing a high mortality rate...
- Vacuum-assisted closure downgrades reconstructive demands in high-risk patients with severe lower extremity injuries
Department of Plastic Surgery, Democritus University, Alexandroupolis University Hospital, Dragana, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Acta Chir Plast 51:59-64. 2009
..This retrospective study aims to evaluate the use of negative pressure as an adjunct to delayed soft tissue reconstruction in patients with complex lower limb trauma...
- Synergistic action of protease-modulating matrix and autologous growth factors in healing of diabetic foot ulcers. A prospective randomized trial
Despoina D Kakagia
1st Department of Surgery, Democritus University Hospital, Alexandroupolis, Greece
J Diabetes Complications 21:387-91. 2007
..It is concluded that protease-modulating dressings act synergistically with autologous growth factors and enhance their efficacy in diabetic foot ulcers...
- Postoperative analgesic effect of locally infiltrated levobupivacaine in fleur-de-Lys abdominoplasty
Despoina D Kakagia
Department of Surgery, Thraki Medical Centre, 7 P Kirillou, 68100, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Aesthetic Plast Surg 31:128-32. 2007
..This prospective double-blind study compared the analgesic properties of locally infiltrated levobupivacaine with those of ropivacaine in fleur-de-lys abdominoplasty...
- Intraoperative cytological evaluation of Marjolin ulcers
Department of Surgery, Thraki Medical Center, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Onkologie 29:21-4. 2006
..This preliminary study aims to discuss the reliability of a simpler and faster method -- intraoperative cytology -- in the diagnosis of Marjolin ulcers...
- Breastfeeding after reduction mammaplasty: a comparison of 3 techniques
Department of Surgery, Thraki Medical Center, Alex polis, Greece
Ann Plast Surg 55:343-5. 2005
- Levobupivacaine versus ropivacaine infiltration analgesia for mastopexy: a comparative study of 2 long-acting anesthetic drugs in infiltrative anesthesia for mastopexy
Department of Surgery, Thraki Medical Centre, Democritus University of Thrace, 7 P Kirillou Street, 68100 Alex polis, Greece
Ann Plast Surg 55:258-61. 2005
..It is concluded that levobupivacaine is more effective for local infiltrative analgesia in mastopexy than ropivacaine, providing longer-lasting postoperative analgesia...
- Comparative efficacy of ropivacaine and bupivacaine infiltrative analgesia in otoplasty
Department of Surgery, Thraki Medical Centre, Alex polis, Greece
Ann Plast Surg 54:409-11. 2005
..The authors conclude that ropivacaine can be used as an effective alternative to bupivacaine in otoplasty...
- A rapidly growing nodule on the face
Department of Surgery, Thraki Medical Centre, Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Exp Dermatol 30:107-9. 2005
- Reduction mammaplasty specimens and occult breast carcinomas
Department of Surgery, Thraki Medical Center, 1 Komninon Str, 68100 Alex polis, Greece
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:19-21. 2005
..The aim of this study was to report the incidence of occult cancer in reduction mammaplasty (RM) specimens...
- Brooke-Spiegler syndrome with parotid gland involvement
Department of Surgery, Thraki Medical Center, 1 Komninon Str, 681100 Alex polis, Greece
Eur J Dermatol 14:139-41. 2004
..The association of BSS with salivary gland tumours, emphasizes the necessity of thorough salivary gland examination in all patients with skin lesions. Knowledge of the genetic background of BSS allows for genetic counseling of patients...
- Case 3. Brooke-Spiegler syndrome
Department of Surgery, Thraki Medical Centre, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Clin Exp Dermatol 29:335-6. 2004
- Ulcerative locally advanced breast cancer: the efficacy of combined anthracycline-based and hormonal therapy
Department of Surgery, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 25:716-8. 2004
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the employment of combined anthracycline-based chemotherapy and hormonal therapy in ulcerative locally advanced mammary carcinoma...