Affiliation: Yokohama City Institute of Health
- Evaluation of a clinic-based screening program for lung cancer with a case-control design in Kanagawa, JapanN Okamoto
Department of Epidemiology, Research Institute, Kanagawa Cancer Center, Yokohama, Japan
Lung Cancer 25:77-85. 1999..638 (0.302-0.967), which was also significant. The results demonstrated that screening for lung cancer by family physicians can reduce the lung cancer mortality, and that a clinic-based screening program by family physicians is effective...
- Cost-effectiveness of lung cancer screening in JapanN Okamoto
Department of Epidemiology, Kanagawa Cancer Center, Yokohama, Japan
Cancer 89:2489-93. 2000....
- A history of the cancer registration system in JapanNaoyuki Okamoto
Kanagawa Cancer Center, 1 1 2 Nakao, Asahi ku, Yokohama, 241 0815, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 13:90-6. 2008....
- 5-year survival rates for primary cancer sites at cancer-treatment-oriented hospitals in JapanNaoyuki Okamoto
Division of Cancer Prevention and Cancer Control, Kanagawa Cancer Center, Yokohama 241 0815, Japan
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 7:46-50. 2006..The survival rates discussed so far are principally observed survival rates. The 5-year relative survival rate for those institutions that specialize in cancer treatment should become an index for Japanese cancer treatment...
- The associations between RAS mutations and clinical characteristics in follicular thyroid tumors: new insights from a single center and a large patient cohortMichiko Fukahori
Division of Endocrine Surgery, Kanagawa Cancer Center Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Thyroid 22:683-9. 2012..To clarify the significance of RAS mutations, we examined a large number of follicular adenomas and carcinomas obtained from a single institute using established methods for the analysis of RAS...
- Stromal micropapillary component as a novel unfavorable prognostic factor of lung adenocarcinomaMiki Ohe
Department of Pathology, Kanagawa Cancer Center, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Diagn Pathol 7:3. 2012..We evaluated the incidence and clinicopathological characteristics of SMPC in lung adenocarcinoma cases...
- Simple and precise detection of UGT1A1 polymorphisms with a modified loop-hybrid mobility shift assay using Cy5-labeled loop probesShoichi Matsukuma
Molecular Pathology and Genetics Division, Kanagawa Cancer Center Research Institute, Asahi ku, Yokohama, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 412:1668-72. 2011..Deleterious effects of the drug in hypersensitive patients are known to be associated with genetic polymorphisms of the UGT1A1 gene, namely the polymorphic variants, *28 and *6...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of histopathological predictive factors for lymph node metastasis in T1 colorectal cancerHiroo Wada
Gastrointestinal Surgery, Kanagawa Cancer Center Hospital, 2 3 2 Nakao, Asahi ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa, 241 8515, Japan
J Gastroenterol 50:727-34. 2015....
- Plasma free amino acid profiling of five types of cancer patients and its application for early detectionYohei Miyagi
Molecular Pathology and Genetics Division, Kanagawa Cancer Center, Yokohama, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e24143. 2011..Therefore, the purpose of the present study was to determine the characteristics of the PFAA profiles in cancer patients and the possibility of using this information for early detection...
- High serum alanine aminotransferase levels for the first three successive years can predict very high incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with Child Stage A HCV-associated liver cirrhosisKaoru Miyakawa
Department of Gastroenterology, Kanagawa Cancer Center Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:1340-8. 2009..Prospective trials using therapeutic approaches aimed at decreasing ALAT levels are necessary in order to confirm a positive impact of ALAT reduction on the incidence of HCC in patients with HCV-LC...
- A logistic regression predictive model and the outcome of patients with resected lung adenocarcinoma of 2 cm or less in sizeYuji Sakuma
Molecular Pathology and Genetics Division, Kanagawa Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 2 Nakao, Asahi ku, Yokohama 241 0815, Japan
Lung Cancer 65:85-90. 2009..Consequently, using a logistic predictive model consisting of the five clinicopathological factors might enable us to predict the recurrence of resected small-sized lung adenocarcinomas in male patients...
- Increasing trends in cervical cancer mortality among young Japanese women below the age of 50 years: an analysis using the Kanagawa population-based Cancer Registry, 1975-2012Yoko Motoki
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Molecular Reproductive Science, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
Cancer Epidemiol 39:700-6. 2015..The aim of the present study was to calculate exact age-specific CC mortality rates in women aged <50 years in Kanagawa, taking into account the impact of NOS uterine cancer...
- Historical control study of paclitaxel-carboplatin (TJ) versus conventional platinum-based chemotherapy (CAP) for epithelial ovarian cancerReiko Numazaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, 236 0004, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 11:221-8. 2006..Both regimens were retrospectively compared for effectiveness and safety to verify the adequacy of the TJ regimen...
- Active smoking, passive smoking, and breast cancer risk: findings from the Japan Collaborative Cohort Study for Evaluation of Cancer RiskYingsong Lin
Department of Public Health, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
J Epidemiol 18:77-83. 2008..We examined the association between breast cancer incidence and active and passive smoking in the Japan Collaborative Cohort Study for Evaluation of Cancer Risk...
- Factors relating to terminally ill cancer patients' willingness to continue living at home during the early phase of home care after discharge from clinical cancer centers in JapanYuka Hirabayashi
Statistics and Cancer Control Division, Research Center for Cancer Prevention and Screening, National Cancer Center, 5 1 1 Tsuikiji Chuo ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Palliat Support Care 5:19-30. 2007....
- U-shaped effect of drinking and linear effect of smoking on risk for stomach cancer in JapanShogo Kikuchi
Department of Public Health, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:953-9. 2002..39 (0.66, 2.93) for 135.0 + alcohol-years. Smoking seems to exert a linear effect and drinking, a J- or U-shaped effect on risk for stomach cancer, although there might be a dip of risk in light smokers among female subjects...
- The relationship between smoking habits and serum levels of 8-OHdG, oxidized LDL antibodies, Mn-SOD and carotenoids in rural Japanese residentsKoji Suzuki
Department of Public Health, Fujita Health University School of Health Sciences, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
J Epidemiol 13:29-37. 2003..Serum levels of 8-OHdG, oLAB, and carotenoids may be useful biomarkers of oxidative conditions affected by smoking...
- Personality as assessed by egogram is a possible independent predictive variable for post-discharge smoking abstinence in male cancer patientsHideo Tanaka
Department of Cancer Control and Statistics, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka 537 8511, Japan
J Epidemiol 13:303-13. 2003..Little is known about the relationship between a patient's personality and smoking behavior...
- Prospective study of transfusion history and thyroid cancer incidence among females in JapanYoshihisa Fujino
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Institute of Industrial Ecological Sciences, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan
Int J Cancer 112:722-5. 2004..In addition, our data reveal an association between blood transfusion and thyroid cancer, which might be facilitated by transfusion-associated immunomodulation...
- Reproducibility and validity of a self-administered food frequency questionnaire used in the JACC studyChigusa Date
Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Faculty of Human Environmental Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, Japan
J Epidemiol 15:S9-23. 2005..Although more than 110 thousand subjects enrolled in JACC Study and responded to the FFQ, no validation study has been conducted to date...
- Effectiveness of cervical cancer screening over cervical cancer mortality among Japanese womenKhandoker Aklimunnessa
Department of Public Health, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 36:511-8. 2006..Therefore, the present study evaluated the association of CC mortality with self-reported CC screening and some other factors by a nationwide cohort study...
- Soluble Fas level and cancer mortality: findings from a nested case-control study within a large-scale prospective studyAkiko Tamakoshi
Department of Public Health, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Int J Cancer 123:1913-6. 2008..Our results suggest that serum sFas has a possibility to detect people at high risk for cancer prior to diagnosis, since it increased before cancer diagnosis in those apparently healthy people...
- Alcohol consumption and mortality from stroke and coronary heart disease among Japanese men and women: the Japan collaborative cohort studySatoyo Ikehara
Public Health, Department of Social and Environmental Medicine, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Stroke 39:2936-42. 2008..However, the sex-specific association between alcohol consumption and mortality from stroke and coronary heart disease remains unclear...
- Green tea consumption and the risk of pancreatic cancer in Japanese adultsYingsong Lin
Department of Public Health, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Nagakute cho, Aichi, Japan
Pancreas 37:25-30. 2008..Green tea polyphenols have been shown to inhibit tumor growth in animal and in vitro studies. We examined the relationship between green tea consumption and the risk of death from pancreatic cancer in a large Japanese cohort...
- Cigarette smoking, alcohol drinking, and oral and pharyngeal cancer mortality in JapanR Ide
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Institute of Industrial Ecological Sciences, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyusyu, Japan
Oral Dis 14:314-9. 2008..To prospectively examine the association of cigarette smoking and alcohol drinking with oral and pharyngeal carcinogenesis, we analyzed data from a nation-wide large-scale cohort study in Japan...