- [History for animal model of Hansen's disease and characteristics of leprosy in hypertensive nude rat]Yasuko Yogi
Leprosy Research Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1 6 7 502 Hirose, Sayama, Saitama 350 1319, Japan
Nihon Hansenbyo Gakkai Zasshi 77:197-204. 2008..Also this hypertensive nude rat strain produce high level of IL-10. Therefore, congenic hypertensive nude rat may be useful for an animal model to leprosy...
- [Susceptibility to Mycobacterium leprae of congenic hypertensive nude rat (SHR/NCrj-rnu) and production of cytokine from the resident peritoneal macrophages]Yasuko Yogi
Leprosy Research Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 2 1 Aobacho, Higasimurayama shi, Tokyo 189 0002, Japan
Nihon Hansenbyo Gakkai Zasshi 71:39-45. 2002..We also examined the cytokine production. The resident peritoneal macrophages of SHR/NCrj-rnu rats produced IL-1 alpha, IL-6, IL-10 and TNF alpha, whereas those of F344/NJcl-rnu rats produced only TNF alpha...
- Effect of hsp65 DNA vaccination carrying immunostimulatory DNA sequences (CpG motifs) against Mycobacterium leprae multiplication in miceHiroko Nomaguchi
Leprosy Research Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 2 1 Aobacho, Higashimurayama, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis 70:182-90. 2002..leprae. These results suggest that a DNA containing M. leprae-derived hsp65 and immunostimulatory sequences might be a potent vaccine candidate against M. leprae infection...
- Prevention of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice by a single immunization with Mycobacterium lepraeHiroko Nomaguchi
Leprosy Research Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 2 1 Aobacho, Higashimurayama shi, Tokyo 189 0002, Japan
Nihon Hansenbyo Gakkai Zasshi 71:31-8. 2002..leprae immunized cases in which the IDDM incidence was prevented, and both control and M. leprae immunized groups produced IFN-gamma and IL-10 by stimulation with hsp65...
- Recombinant Mycobacterium leprae protein associated with entry into mammalian cells of respiratory and skin componentsNaoya Sato
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kitasato University, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 46:101-10. 2007..The M. leprae genome contains mce1A gene, which encodes a putative mammalian cell entry protein. However, to date, there have been no functional analyses of the M. leprae mce1A gene product...