- Surgical management of a giant cervical ganglioneuromaShinji Urata
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 40:577-80. 2013..The clinical course was successful without recurrence. This is the first report of a successful treatment of a large ganglineuroma that had continuously expanded to the contralateral neck via the retropharyngeal space. ..
- Organised haematoma of the maxillary sinus: pathophysiological differences suggesting a new aetiological hypothesisS Urata
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Japan
J Laryngol Otol 127:519-24. 2013..This study aimed to investigate the pathology of maxillary sinus organised haematoma, and also proposes a new aetiological hypothesis based on the observed pathology...
- Thrombophlebitis of the head and neck caused by eosinophilic otitis mediaShinji Urata
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Saitama, Japan
Otol Neurotol 34:908-11. 2013..To describe the clinical course and treatment of a patient presenting with thrombophlebitis of the head and the neck with eosinophilic otitis media (EOM)...
- Potentially lethal pharyngolaryngeal edema with dyspnea in adult patients with mumps: A series of 5 casesMasafumi Ohki
Department of Otolaryngology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, 1981 Kamoda, Kawagoe shi, Saitama 350 8550, Japan
Ear Nose Throat J 94:184-6. 2015..We conclude that a pharyngolaryngeal examination is recommended for patients with mumps infection. Steroid treatment is usually effective against pharyngolaryngeal edema; however, in certain cases tracheotomy may be inevitable. ..
- Novel repair of stapedial footplate defect associated with recurrent meningitisShinji Urata
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan and Department of Otolaryngology, JR Tokyo General Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Otol Neurotol 35:1592-5. 2014..Herein, we report the use of a partial obliteration technique in which the fistula is plugged with a shaped incus...
- Expression of IL-33 and its receptor ST2 in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polypsShintaro Baba
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku
Laryngoscope 124:E115-22. 2014..However, the role of IL-33 and its receptor ST2 in chronic rhinosinusitis remains unclear...