Affiliation: University of Tsukuba
- Clonogenic colony-forming ability of flow cytometrically isolated hepatic progenitor cells in the murine fetal liverH Taniguchi
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clonical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Cell Transplant 9:697-700. 2000..We confirmed that these colonies contained not only cells expressing hepatocyte markers but also cells expressing cholangiocyte markers. To identify hepatic stem cells, studies must focus on CD45TER119- cells in the murine fetal liver...
- Increased intracranial pressure in a porcine model of fulminant hepatic failure using amatoxin and endotoxinY Takada
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tsukuba University, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki, Japan
J Hepatol 34:825-31. 2001..The purpose of this study was to develop a clinically relevant porcine model of fulminant hepatic failure (FHF) by means of administration of amatoxin and endotoxin...
- Clonal expansion of hepatic stem/progenitor cells following flow cytometric cell sortingA Suzuki
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Cell Transplant 10:393-6. 2001..These data suggest that hepatic stem/progenitor cells with high proliferative potential are existent in the developing mouse liver, and that they are enriched by using flow cytometry...
- Role of platelet-activating factor in hepatectomy with Pringle's maneuverM Gu
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki, 305-8575, Japan
J Surg Res 96:233-8. 2001..Leukocyte infiltration into the liver was significantly inhibited in group 4. CONCLUSION: E5880 pretreatment has protective effects on liver function after 70% hepatectomy with Pringle's maneuver in rabbits...
- Hepatic resection for metastatic tumors from noncolorectal carcinomaY Takada
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tsukuba University, Ten-nodai 1-1-1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8575, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 48:83-6. 2001..Hepatic resection may afford little benefit for patients with liver metastases from pancretobiliary cancers...
- Protection against Fas-mediated and tumor necrosis factor receptor 1-mediated liver injury by blockade of FADD without loss of nuclear factor-kappaB activationK Seino
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba Science City, Japan
Ann Surg 234:681-8. 2001..To investigate the role of FADD (Fas-associated protein with death domain) in Fas and tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1)-mediated hepatic injury and inflammatory response in vivo...
- Long-term results of donor-specific blood transfusion with cyclosporine in living related kidney transplantationM Otsuka
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Nephron 88:144-8. 2001..In terms of the severity of acute rejection or the onset of chronic rejection, DST induced a small benefit, however, which seemed to disappear within 8 years after transplantation...
- Transition and improvement in surgical treatment for rectal cancer during the last 21 years in our departmentY Oshima
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8575, Japan
Int J Oncol 19:1283-6. 2001..4% in period 3 and 50% in period 2. Survival rates became better. Our net outcome for rectal cancer treatment was satisfactory, because the survival rates became better under function preserving strategies...
- Activation of intracellular neutrophil elastase in the transplantation of ischemic liverM Otsuka
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki-ken, Japan
Eur Surg Res 33:355-60. 2001..The INE activity correlates with serum LDH levels immediately after reperfusion, suggesting that the increase in the INE activity depends on the severity of ischemic damage...