Affiliation: University of Fukui
- Triangle target principle for the placement of trocars during video-assisted thoracic surgeryMasato Sasaki
Department of Surgery II, University of Fukui, Faculty of Medical Sciences, 23 3 Shimoaizuki, Matsuoka Fukui 911 1104, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:307-12. 2005..We have termed this method the triangle target principle. This report describes the instrument positioning that we now use for many video-assisted thoracic surgical procedures...
- Preoperative detection of pleural adhesions by chest ultrasonographyMasato Sasaki
Department of Surgery II, University of Fukui, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Fukui, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 80:439-42. 2005..The presence of pleural adhesions may render video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery difficult or impossible. The aim of this study was to assess the value of chest ultrasonography in the detection of pleural adhesions prior to thoracotomy...
- The effectiveness of 18F-FDG PET/CT combined with STIR MRI for diagnosing nodal involvement in the thoraxMiwa Morikawa
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
J Nucl Med 50:81-7. 2009..The purpose of this study was to compare the efficacy of short-tau inversion-recovery (STIR) MRI and 18F-FDG PET/CT for the detection of metastasis in mediastinal and hilar lymph nodes in patients with lung cancer...
- Evaluation of dual-time-point 18F-FDG PET for staging in patients with lung cancerDaisuke Uesaka
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
J Nucl Med 49:1606-12. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of dual-time-point (18)F-FDG PET for staging lung cancer and for differentiating metastatic from nonmetastatic lung cancer lesions...
- Gene therapy for chronic myocardial ischemia using platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor in dogsWei Li
Second Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, 23 3 Shimoaizuki, Matsuoka cho, Yoshida gun, Fukui 9101193, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H408-15. 2005..We conclude that genetic approaches using PD-ECGF/TP to target the myocardium are effective for alleviating chronic myocardial ischemia...
- Differentiation of histological subtypes in lung cancer with 18F-FDG-PET 3-point imaging and kinetic analysisTatsuro Tsuchida
Department of Radiology, University of Fukui, Japan
Hell J Nucl Med 14:224-7. 2011..In conclusion, (18)F-FDG-PET 3-point imaging and kinetic analysis enabled the differentiation of histological subtypes in lung cancer, arising from differences in glucose transporter density and enzymatic activity of hexokinase...
- Controlling air leaks using free pericardial fat pads as surgical sealant in pulmonary resectionTakeshi Ikeda
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan Electronic address
Ann Thorac Surg 99:1170-5. 2015..This study evaluated the feasibility and efficacy of a new operative method for controlling intraoperative air leaks using free pericardial fat pads as a covering sealant in pulmonary resection...
- Giant mediastinal bronchial artery aneurysm mimicking benign esophageal tumor: a case report and review of 26 cases from literatureKuniyoshi Tanaka
Department of Surgery II, Fukui Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
J Vasc Surg 38:1125-9. 2003..Postoperative course was uneventful, and the patient was discharged on the seventh postoperative day...
- Thrombosed abdominal aortic aneurysm associated with an extensively "shaggy" aorta repaired anatomically via a thoracoabdominal approach with supraceliac aortic clamping: report of a caseSatofumi Tanaka
Second Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
Surg Today 40:866-70. 2010..Anatomic aortic reconstruction was then performed successfully using an aorto-biiliac graft to restore adequate distal blood flow. There were no vital-organ ischemic complications, and the postoperative course was satisfactory...
- An effective method of pleurodesis involving absorbable mesh for repetitive catamenial pneumothoraxTakeshi Ikeda
Department of Surgery II, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 42:370-2. 2012..In addition, polyglycolate felt was placed to cover the lesion site in the diaphragm in four cases of repetitive and treatment-resistant CPX as surgical pleurodesis, and successful results were obtained...
- [FDG-PET findings of nodular pulmonary amyloidosis with a long-term observation]Yukihiro Umeda
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 45:424-9. 2007..We reported this interesting case in which FDG-PET apparently reflected the disease activity of pulmonary amyloidosis...
- Thymic mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma associated with bilateral orbital pseudotumorRyuhei Kitai
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculties of Medical Sciences, Fukui University, Yoshida gun, Fukui, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 57:566-9. 2009..Eleven years later, a mediastinal tumor was incidentally discovered. A thymectomy was performed, and histological examination revealed that the mass was a MALT lymphoma. There was no recurrence with no further treatment...
- Pulmonary metastasectomy for 165 patients with colorectal carcinoma: A prognostic assessmentYukihito Saito
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:1007-13. 2002..The purpose of this study was to analyze our entire experience with pulmonary resection for metastatic colorectal carcinoma to determine prognostic factors and critically evaluate the potential role of extended metastasectomy...
- Pten controls lung morphogenesis, bronchioalveolar stem cells, and onset of lung adenocarcinomas in miceShigehisa Yanagi
Department of Molecular Biology, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
J Clin Invest 117:2929-40. 2007..These results indicate that Pten is essential for both normal lung morphogenesis and the prevention of lung carcinogenesis, possibly because this tumor suppressor is required for BASC homeostasis...
- [A case of lymphocytic hypophysitis successfully treated with steroid pulse therapy]Atsushi Uyama
Department of Neurosurgery, Yodogawa Christian Hospital, 2 9 26 Awaji, Higashiyodogawa ku, Osaka city 533 0032, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 35:1115-9. 2007..Postoperatively, she received methylprednisolone pulse therapy and her severe headache resolved. This case report suggests that methylprednisolone pulse therapy may improve the clinical symptoms of lymphocytic hypophysitis...
- [Evaluation of FDG-PET imaging for the detection of gastrointestinal tract cancer in patients with suspected lung cancer]Daisuke Uesaka
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Fukui
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 44:899-905. 2006..In this study, FDG-PET was useful not only for the diagnosis and staging of lung cancer, but also for the detection of unexpected gastrointestinal tract cancers. FDG-PET may be most suitable for cancer screening...
- [A 65-year-old man with liver metastases after lung cancer resection that responded to concomitant use of gemcitabine and carboplatin]Masakazu Kawabe
Dept of Surgery II, University of Fukui Faculty of Medical Sciences
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:69-71. 2006..This approach may be worth considering as a first-line anti-cancer chemotherapy for recurrence lung cancer...
- 18F-FDG accumulation with PET for differentiation between benign and malignant lesions in the thoraxYoshiki Demura
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Fukui Medical University, 23 Matsuoka cho, Fukui Pref 910 11, Japan
J Nucl Med 44:540-8. 2003..We prospectively assessed and compared the usefulness of these scintigraphic examinations as well as (18)F-FDG PET delayed imaging for the evaluation of thoracic abnormalities...