Affiliation: University of Shizuoka
- Molecular identification of Ehrlichia species and 'Candidatus Neoehrlichia mikurensis' from ticks and wild rodents in Shizuoka and Nagano Prefectures, JapanHirotaka Naitou
Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology, Institute for Environmental Sciences, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka and COE Program in the 21st Century, Shizuoka 420 8637, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 50:45-51. 2006..mikurensis' from 17 wild rodents. The data suggest the presence of additional genetic variants, and potential vectors and/or reservoirs for these bacteria in central Japan...
- Human granulocytic Anaplasmosis, JapanNorio Ohashi
University of Shizuoka and Global Center of Excellence Program, Shizuoka City, Japan
Emerg Infect Dis 19:289-92. 2013..phagocytophilum antigens propagated in THP-1 rather than HL60 cells. Unless both cell lines are used for serodiagnosis of rickettsiosis-like infections, cases of human granulocytic anaplasmosis could go undetected...
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum-infected ticks, JapanNorio Ohashi
Laboratory of Experimental Microbiology, Institute for Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Suruga, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Emerg Infect Dis 11:1780-3. 2005..Unique p44/msp2 paralogs (and/or 16S rRNA genes) were detected in tick tissues, salivary glands, and spleens of experimentally infected mice. These findings indicate the public health threat of anaplasmosis in Japan...
- Characterization of p44/msp2 multigene family of Anaplasma phagocytophilum from two different tick species, Ixodes persulcatus and Ixodes ovatus, in Japan- Wuritu
Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 62:142-5. 2009..These findings suggest that Ixodes ticks are probably responsible for the transmission of certain genetic variants of A. phagocytophilum and that additional organism selection might occur in I. ovatus...
- Cancer antineovascular therapy with liposome drug delivery systems targeted to BiP/GRP78Yasufumi Katanasaka
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Suruga ku, Shizuoka, Japan
Int J Cancer 127:2685-98. 2010..In summary, BiP may regulate VEGF-induced endothelial cell proliferation through VEGFR-2-mediated signaling and be an effective target molecule for cancer antineovascular therapy...
- Structural analysis of a p44/msp2 expression site of Anaplasma phagocytophilum in naturally infected ticks in Japan- Wuritu
Laboratory of Microbiology, Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka and Global COE Program, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
J Med Microbiol 58:1638-44. 2009..3-97.6 % amino acid similarities) with some exceptions. Thus, this study provides significant information about the molecular characteristics of A. phagocytophilum in East Asia, as well as the global diversity of p44/msp2...
- Characterization of Ehrlichia species from Ixodes ovatus ticks at the foot of Mt. Fuji, JapanMegumi Inayoshi
Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology, Institute for Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 48:737-45. 2004..Further characterization and surveillance will be required in Japan due to the presence of these human ehrlichiosis agent-like organisms...
- Social isolation stress induces hepatic hypertrophy in C57BL/6J miceHiroyuki Sakakibara
Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Suruga ku, Shizuoka, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 37:1071-6. 2012..Our results also imply that physiological changes, at least fatty acid metabolism, under stress exposure might be an important factor when evaluating the chronic effects of environmental chemicals...
- Proteomic analysis of growth phase-dependent expression of Legionella pneumophila proteins which involves regulation of bacterial virulence traitsTsuyoshi Hayashi
Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e11718. 2010..The study will be helpful for virulent analysis of L. pneumophila from the viewpoint of physiological or metabolic modulation dependent on growth phase...
- Proteomic analysis of hypoxia-induced tube breakdown of an in vitro capillary model composed of HUVECs: potential role of p38-regulated reduction of HSP27Ryoji Eguchi
Laboratory of Cell and Molecular Biology of Aging, Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Japan
Proteomics 8:2897-906. 2008..Taken together, it was shown that p38-regulated and caspase-independent reduction of HSP27 plays an important role in hypoxia-induced tube breakdown...
- Proteomic characterization of angiogenic endothelial cells stimulated with cancer cell-conditioned mediumYasufumi Katanasaka
Department of Medical Biochemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 30:2300-7. 2007..These findings provide new information regarding the regulation of protein expression associated with tumor angiogenesis...
- Proteomic identification of serum proteins associated with stress-induced gastric ulcers in fasted ratsAyako Kato
Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences and Global COE Program, University of Shizuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:812-8. 2010..The findings suggest that these two serum proteins might be useful as biomarkers, CK-M for stress-induced gastric ulcer and ApoA4 for starvation...
- Simple and sensitive analysis of histamine and tyramine in Japanese soy sauces and their intermediates using the stable isotope dilution HILIC-MS/MS methodKenichiro Todoroki
Laboratory of Analytical and Bio Analytical Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Suruga, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 62:6206-11. 2014..13 and 0.42 ppm for tyramine, respectively. We successfully applied this method to histamine and tyramine determination in four kinds of commercial Japanese soy sauces and also in moromi samples during soy sauce production. ..
- Proteome analysis of UV-B-induced anti-apoptotic regulatory factorsYuko Ibuki
Laboratory of Radiation Biology, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Japan
Photochem Photobiol 81:823-9. 2005..The DIGE system used in this experiment has advantages (including a high level of statistical confidence) for discovering new functional proteins related to the regulation of apoptosis...
- Functional analyses of neutrophil-like differentiated cell lines under a hyperglycemic conditionTomoko Oya-Ito
Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Mol Nutr Food Res 52:360-9. 2008..These extraordinary sensitivities caused by the higher glucose treatments may reflect the dysfunction or overactivation of neutrophils...
- Coexposure to benzo[a]pyrene plus UVA induced DNA double strand breaks: visualization of Ku assembly in the nucleus having DNA lesionsTatsushi Toyooka
Laboratory of Radiation Biology, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 322:631-6. 2004..Furthermore, we succeeded in visualizing that Ku80 rapidly assembled to the exposed region, in which DSBs might be generated, and clarified that the presence of both Ku70 and Ku80 was important for their accumulation...
- Analysis of sequences and loci of p44 homologs expressed by Anaplasma phagocytophila in acutely infected patientsQuan Lin
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:2981-8. 2002..Furthermore, several p44 genes are not hypermutatable in nature, based on the conservation of gene sequences and loci among isolates obtained 5 years apart...
- Mechanisms of variable p44 expression by Anaplasma phagocytophilumQuan Lin
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Infect Immun 71:5650-61. 2003..The data suggest that the P44 antigenic repertoire within the hypervariable region is restricted...
- Transcript heterogeneity of the p44 multigene family in a human granulocytic ehrlichiosis agent transmitted by ticksNing Zhi
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 70:1175-84. 2002..The present study provides new information for understanding the role of the p44 multigene family in transmission of the HGE agent between mammals and ticks...
- Prevalence of Anaplasma phagocytophilum and its coinfection with Borrelia afzelii in Ixodes ricinus and Ixodes persulcatus ticks inhabiting Tver Province (Russia) - a sympatric region for both tick speciesToshiyuki Masuzawa
Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiba Institute of Science CIS, Choshi 288 0025, Japan
J Med Microbiol 57:986-91. 2008..phagocytophilum strains to specific vector ticks or reservoir hosts in different countries and areas. These findings suggest that there is a public health threat from HGA and LB in Tver Province surrounding Moscow...
- Prevalence and genetic diversity of Bartonella species isolated from wild rodents in JapanKai Inoue
Laboratory of Veterinary Public Health, Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, 1866 Kameino, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252 8510, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:5086-92. 2008..Furthermore, dual infections with two different genetic groups of bartonellae were found in A. speciosus and R. rattus. These findings suggest that the rodent in Japan might serve as a reservoir of zoonotic Bartonella infection...
- Molecular typing of Japanese Escherichia coli O157 : H7 isolates from clinical specimens by multilocus variable-number tandem repeat analysis and PFGEFumihiko Kawamori
1Department of Microbiology, Shizuoka Institute of Environment and Hygiene, Kita ando, Aoi ku, Shizuoka shi, Shizuoka 420 8637, Japan
J Med Microbiol 57:58-63. 2008..coli O157 : H7 strain relatedness to identify transmission routes. Hence, our MLVA method would be a suitable technique for routine typing in many laboratories, including public health agencies, and even in hospitals...
- Activation of a p44 pseudogene in Anaplasma phagocytophila by bacterial RNA splicing: a novel mechanism for post-transcriptional regulation of a multigene family encoding immunodominant major outer membrane proteinsNing Zhi
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, 1925 Coffey Road, 43210 1093, USA
Mol Microbiol 46:135-45. 2002..Collectively, the novel RNA splicing and the temperature-dependent transcription may account for the dominant p44-18 expression in mammals...
- Characterization and transcriptional analysis of gene clusters for a type IV secretion machinery in human granulocytic and monocytic ehrlichiosis agentsNorio Ohashi
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 70:2128-38. 2002..This unique regulation of gene expression for the type IV secretion system may be associated with intracellular survival and replication of Anaplasma and Ehrlichia spp. in granulocytes or monocytes...
- The omp-1 major outer membrane multigene family of Ehrlichia chaffeensis is differentially expressed in canine and tick hostsAhmet Unver
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 70:4701-4. 2002..Only one paralog was transcribed by E. chaffeensis in three developmental stages of Amblyomma americanum ticks before or after E. chaffeensis transmission to naïve dogs...
- Analysis of numbers of repeated units in R2 region among varicella-zoster virus strainsMasami Yoshida
First Department of Dermatology, Toho University School of Medicine, Omori nishi 5 21 16, Ota ku, 143 8540, Tokyo, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 31:129-33. 2003..A variable region, R2, on the varicella-zoster virus (VZV) genome contains a repeated 42-bp unit...
- Analysis of p51, groESL, and the major antigen P51 in various species of Neorickettsia, an obligatory intracellular bacterium that infects trematodes and mammalsYasuko Rikihisa
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Rd, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:3823-6. 2004..groESL sequencing results delineated the phylogenic relationships among Neorickettsia spp...
- Differential expression of VirB9 and VirB6 during the life cycle of Anaplasma phagocytophilum in human leucocytes is associated with differential binding and avoidance of lysosome pathwayHua Niu
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cell Microbiol 8:523-34. 2006..phagocytophilum intracellular life cycle and suggest that bacterial developmental stages influence the nature of binding to the hosts and early avoidance of late endosome-lysosome pathway...
- Comparative genomics of emerging human ehrlichiosis agentsJulie C Dunning Hotopp
The Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville, Maryland, USA
PLoS Genet 2:e21. 2006..These discoveries provide significant insights into the biology of these obligate intracellular pathogens...