Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- The expression of osteopontin is increased in vessels with blood-brain barrier impairmentY Iwanaga
Department of Anaesthesiology and Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kagawa, Japan
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 34:145-54. 2008..In this study, we examined changes of gene expression in the BBB-damaged vessels of SHRSP...
- Experimental evaluation of neutron performance in boron-doped low activation concreteT Ogawa
The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 140:89-95. 2010..This experimental results provide useful data to benchmark the accuracy of neutron transport codes in the prediction of transmission and neutron spectrum distortion in boron-doped concrete...
- Ischaemic preconditioning ameliorates functional disturbance and impaired renal perfusion in rat ischaemia-reperfused kidneysT Ogawa
Department of Surgery, Tokyo University, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 27:997-1001. 2000..No change of LPO levels was observed. 4. We conclude that IP may have an ability to ameliorate reperfused renal function and haemodynamics with a suitable period of preconditioned ischaemia, although this effect is independent of LPO...
- Primary non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the breast treated nonsurgically: report of three casesToshihisa Ogawa
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Breast Cancer 18:68-72. 2011..Although a standard treatment has yet to be established, an initial treatment with combination therapy without surgical intervention including axillary dissection appears to be appropriate for this rare disease...
- Preoperative evaluation of thyroid pathology in patients with primary hyperparathyroidismToshihisa Ogawa
Department of Endocrine Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Thyroid 17:59-62. 2007..The prevalence of thyroid disease associated with hyperparathyroidism is high, and evaluation of the thyroid pathology by US enables the shift from bilateral neck exploration to the minimally invasive parathyroid surgery...
- Excision of postesophageal parathyroid adenoma in posterior mediastinum with intraoperative 99mTechnetium sestamibi scanningToshihisa Ogawa
Department of Endocrine Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 84:1754-6. 2007..A thoracotomy was required to remove this tumor. Radioisotope-guided surgery was effective at identifying the tumor...
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the thyroid gland associated with primary hyperparathyroidismToshihisa Ogawa
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 12:48-51. 2007..To our knowledge, this is the first report to describe a malignant thyroid lymphoma associated with primary hyperparathyroidism...
- The induction of super-resistance using synthetic lipopolysaccharide receptor agonist rescues fatal endotoxemia in rats without excessive immunosuppressionFumihiko Hatao
Department of Metabolic Care and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Shock 23:365-70. 2005..These results indicate that pretreatment with ER can effectively induce endotoxin tolerance, with a consequent improvement in mortality without toxicity and without subsequent excessive immunosuppression...
- Luminal and cancer cells in the breast show more rapid telomere shortening than myoepithelial cells and fibroblastsRie Kurabayashi
Division of Metabolic Care and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Pathol 39:1647-55. 2008..Tissue quantitative fluorescence in situ hybridization, applicable to analysis of individual cells in tissue sections, is considered to be a powerful technique with considerable promise for studies in oncology...
- Specific subtelomere loss on chromosome der(11)t(3;11)(q23;q23)x2 in anaplastic thyroid cancer cell line OCUT-1Makoto Kammori
Division of Metabolic Care Unit and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Int J Mol Med 18:9-16. 2006..Our findings suggest that telomere shortening and subtelomere loss are correlated with genetic instability in this anaplastic thyroid carcinoma cell line...
- Expression of human telomerase reverse transcriptase gene and protein, and of estrogen and progesterone receptors, in breast tumors: preliminary data from neo-adjuvant chemotherapyMakoto Kammori
Division of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Int J Oncol 27:1257-63. 2005..These results suggest that detection of hTERT protein by ICH can be used to distinguish breast cancers as a potential diagnostic and therapeutic marker...
- Clinical application of human telomerase reverse transcriptase gene expression in thyroid follicular tumors by fine-needle aspirations using in situ hybridizationMakoto Kammori
Division of Breast Cancer Surgery, Department of Surgery, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Int J Oncol 22:985-91. 2003....
- Image in endocrinology: giant mediastinal cystic parathyroid adenomaMakoto Kammori
Division of Metabolic Care Unit and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1635-6. 2006
- The pathological findings of vasculitis simultaneously occurring with carcinoma, invasive breast carcinoma in a patient with Behçet's diseaseMakoto Kammori
Division of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Breast Cancer 13:378-81. 2006..At 10 months follow-up the patient remains disease free. Malignancies associated with BD are very uncommon. The pathological findings showed small vessel vasculitis and lobulitis of the breast in association with invasive carcinoma...
- [Long-term results of breast-conservation therapy for breast neoplasms]Toshihisa Ogawa
Department of Metabolic Care and Endocrine Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo
Nihon Rinsho 65:422-7. 2007
- Renal denervation abolishes the protective effects of ischaemic preconditioning on function and haemodynamics in ischaemia-reperfused rat kidneysT Ogawa
Endocrine and Metabolic Unit, Department of Surgery, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Physiol Scand 174:291-7. 2002....
- A case of breast cancer in the axillary tail of Spence - enhanced magnetic resonance imaging and positron emission tomography for diagnostic differentiation and preoperative treatment decisionMai Okubo
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, The University of Tokyo Hospital, Japan 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
World J Surg Oncol 11:217. 2013..The management of cancer in the axillary area depends on the etiology of the tumor...
- Forty-three cases of obturator herniaMakoto Kammori
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery and Metabolic and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Am J Surg 187:549-52. 2004..Obturator hernia is a relatively rare pelvic hernia and usually occurs in elderly, thin, multiparous women. Because symptoms are nonspecific, the diagnosis is often delayed until laparotomy is performed form to treat bowel obstruction...
- Diabetic mastopathy in an advanced elderly woman with insulin-dependent type 2 diabetes mellitusTetsu Kojima
Department of Surgery, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Breast Cancer 10:374-7. 2003..Surgical excision was thus performed and diabetic mastopathy was confirmed pathologically. We report on this rare case of diabetic mastopathy in a 76 year-old type 2 diabetic patient...
- Utility of intraoperative frozen section examinations of surgical margins: implication of margin-exposed tumor component features on further surgical treatmentMizuho Kikuyama
Department of Metabolic Care and Endocrine Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo Department of Breast Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo Department of Breast Surgery, Kanto Central Hospital of The Mutual Aid Association of Public School Teachers, Tokyo
Jpn J Clin Oncol 45:19-25. 2015....
- Simultaneous onset of acute inflammatory response, sepsis-like symptoms and intestinal mucosal injury after cancer chemotherapyEiichi Tsuji
Department of Surgery, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 107:303-8. 2003..These results suggest that bacterial/endotoxin translocation might cause sepsis-like manifestations after systemic chemotherapy...
- Prolonged Toll-like receptor stimulation leads to down-regulation of IRAK-4 proteinFumihiko Hatao
National Institute of Health Sciences, Setagaya, Tokyo, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 76:904-8. 2004..These results indicate that prolonged stimulation of TLR2, TLR4, or TLR9 causes a down-regulation of IRAK-4 protein, which may be mediated through cleavage of IRAK-4 by a protease induced by the activation of nuclear factor-kappaB...
- Development of a novel approach, the epigenome-based outlier approach, to identify tumor-suppressor genes silenced by aberrant DNA methylationMizuho Kikuyama
Division of Epigenomics, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Lett 322:204-12. 2012..These results showed that the epigenome-based outlier approach is capable of identifying a different set of TSGs, compared to the expression-based outlier approach...
- Demonstration of human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) in human parathyroid tumours by in situ hybridization with a new oligonucleotide probeMakoto Kammori
Endocrine and Metabolic Unit, Department of Surgery, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 58:43-8. 2003..We have therefore studied hTERT expression in parathyroid tumours...
- Gastric cancer with metastasis to the gingivaShouji Shimoyama
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:831-5. 2004..Hematogenous spread could be a mechanism of metastasis for this unusual tumor...
- Stage-specific modification of G protein beta subunits in rat placentaR Ishimura
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry, Department of Veterinary Medical Sciences/Animal Resource Sciences, University of Tokyo, 1-1-1 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, 113-8657, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 174:77-89. 2001..In conclusion, there are modified forms of G protein beta1 and beta2 subunits, in the placenta and Rcho-1 cells, which are expressed in a pregnancy-stage or differentiation stage specific manner...
- Effects of transfusion on gastrointestinal anastomotic wound healing and leukocyte function in ratsS Ohwada
Second Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Gunma University, Maebashi, Japan
Eur Surg Res 32:353-8. 2000..This study was done to investigate the effects of blood transfusion on gastrointestinal anastomotic wound healing and leukocyte function...