Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- Transient abnormal myelopoiesis in a Down syndrome newborn followed by acute myeloid leukemia: identification of the same chromosomal abnormality in both stagesToshiyuki Kitoh
Department of Hematology Oncology, Shiga Medical Center for Children, 5 7 30 Moriyama, Moriyama 524 0022, Moriyama, Japan
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 188:99-102. 2009..To our knowledge, the present case is unique in demonstrating a subclone with der(7)t(1;7)(q25;p15) evolving to acute leukemia...
- Establishment of real-time polymerase chain reaction method for quantitative analysis of asparagine synthetase expressionTamotsu Irino
Department of Pediatrics, Shiga Medical Center for Children, Moriyama 524 0022, Japan
J Mol Diagn 6:217-24. 2004..Consequently, this method was useful enough in defining candidates for selective therapy that targets an AS deficiency...
- Pro-inflammatory cytokinemia is frequently found in Down syndrome patients with hematological disordersAkira Shimada
Department of Hematology Oncology, Gunma Children s Medical Center, 779 Shimohakoda, Hokkitsu, Shibukawa, Gunma 377 8577, Japan
Leuk Res 31:1199-203. 2007..These abnormal cytokinemia may have a role in the pathophysiology of TAM, MDS and AMKL in DS, especially in liver fibrosis or myelofibrosis...
- A novel missense mutation in the DKC1 gene in a Japanese family with X-linked dyskeratosis congenitaHidefumi Hiramatsu
Department of Pediatrics, Shiga Medical Center for Children, Moriyama City, Japan
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 19:413-9. 2002..Despite harboring the same mutation in the DKC1 gene, one patient had significantly milder hematological symptoms than the other, indicating that there may be other factors that determine the severity of DC...
- Focal glucose hypermetabolism in interictal state of West syndromeTomohiro Kumada
Department of Pediatrics, Shiga Medical Center for Children, Moriyama, Japan
Pediatr Neurol 34:47-50. 2006....