Affiliation: University of the Ryukyus
- Testing the thrifty gene hypothesis: the Gly482Ser variant in PPARGC1A is associated with BMI in TongansSean Myles
Institute for Genomic Diversity, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
BMC Med Genet 12:10. 2011..We suggested that the risk allele of the Gly482Ser variant in the PPARGC1A gene was driven to high frequency in Polynesians by positive selection and therefore possibly represented a thrifty allele in the Pacific...
- A common variation in EDAR is a genetic determinant of shovel-shaped incisorsRyosuke Kimura
Transdisciplinary Research Organization for Subtropics and Island Studies, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, 903 0215, Japan
Am J Hum Genet 85:528-35. 2009..The 1540C allele also significantly affected PC1 (p = 4.9 x 10(-3)), which denotes overall tooth size, and PC2 (p = 2.6 x 10(-3)), which denotes the ratio of mesiodistal diameter to buccolingual diameter...
- Common polymorphisms in WNT10A affect tooth morphology as well as hair shapeRyosuke Kimura
Department of Human Biology and Anatomy, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Uehara 207, Nishihara cho, Nakagami gun, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 24:2673-80. 2015..Together with previous studies on hair morphology, this study demonstrated that common variations in WNT10A have pleiotropic effects on the morphology of ectodermal appendages. ..
- Whole-body patterns of the range of joint motion in young adults: masculine type and feminine typeKeiichi Moromizato
Department of Human Biology and Anatomy, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Uehara 207, Nishihara, Okinawa, 903 0215, Japan
J Physiol Anthropol 35:23. 2016..In this study, ranges of motion (ROMs) at limb and trunk joints of young adults were analysed to understand covariation patterns of different joint motions and to identify factors associated with the variation in ROM...
- Genome-wide SNP analysis reveals population structure and demographic history of the ryukyu islanders in the southern part of the Japanese archipelagoTakehiro Sato
Department of Human Biology and Anatomy, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
Mol Biol Evol 31:2929-40. 2014..These findings suggest that the Pleistocene inhabitants, whose bones have been found on the southern Ryukyu Islands, did not make a major genetic contribution, if any, to the present-day inhabitants of the southern Ryukyu Islands. ..
- A new anatomical classification of the bronchial arteries based on the spatial relationships to the esophagus and the tracheobronchusKen Hayasaka
Department of Digestive and General Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Nishihara cho, Okinawa, 903 0215, Japan
Surg Today . 2016..To reveal the patterns of the mediastinal course of the bronchial arteries (BAs)...