Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- GraphsJoseph Green
Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Chest 130:620-1. 2006..Two rules of good graphs are presented and explicated...
- Reliability tests and validation tests of the client satisfaction questionnaire (CSQ-8) as an index of satisfaction with childbirth-related care among Filipino womenChieko Matsubara
Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:235. 2013..The government of the Philippines promotes childbirth at health facilities, so we tested the CSQ-8 in the Philippine cities of Ormoc and Palo...
- Psychometric properties of the 25-item National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire (NEI VFQ-25), Japanese versionYoshimi Suzukamo
Department of Epidemiology and Healthcare Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:65. 2005..The purpose of this study is to develop and test a Japanese version of the National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire (NEI VFQ-25)...
- Japanese version of the Dermatology Life Quality Index: validity and reliability in patients with acneNatsuko Takahashi
Institute for Health Outcomes and Process Evaluation Research, Tokyo, Japan
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:46. 2006..Patient-reported quality of life is strongly affected by some dermatologic conditions. We developed a Japanese version of the Dermatology Life Quality Index (DLQI-J) and used psychometric methods to examine its validity and reliability...
- Usefulness of five-item and three-item Mental Health Inventories to screen for depressive symptoms in the general population of JapanShin Yamazaki
National Institute for Environmental Studies, Tsukuba, Japan
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:48. 2005..Removing the 2 anxiety-related items from the MHI-5 yields the MHI-3. We assessed the performance of the Japanese versions of the MHI-5 and MHI-3 in detecting depressive symptoms in the general population of Japan...
- Predicting complete loss to follow-up after a health-education program: number of absences and face-to-face contact with a researcherM J Park
Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:145. 2011..If that loss is predictable, then efforts to prevent it can be focused on those program participants who are at the highest risk. We identified predictors of complete loss to follow-up in a longitudinal cohort study...
- Translation, cultural adaptation, and initial reliability and multitrait testing of the Kidney Disease Quality of Life instrument for use in JapanJ Green
Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Qual Life Res 10:93-100. 2001....
- Suramin sensitizing cells to ionizing radiation by inactivating DNA-dependent protein kinaseYoshio Hosoi
Department of Radiation Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Radiat Res 162:308-14. 2004..Suramin's effects were not caused by accumulation of cells in a specific phase of the cell cycle. These results suggest that suramin sensitizes cells to ionizing radiation by inhibiting DNA-dependent protein kinase activity...
- Validation of the care notebook for measuring physical, mental and life well-being of patients with cancerKunihiko Kobayashi
Outpatient Clinic, Saitama Cancer Center, Saitama, Japan
Qual Life Res 14:1035-43. 2005..The Care Notebook allows clinical oncologists to easily collect valid and reliable QOL information of physical, mental, and life well-being repeatedly and with minimal burden on patients...