Affiliation: Tottori University
- Late-onset neuropsychological symptoms in a Japanese patient with megalencephalic leukoencephalopathy with subcortical cystsC Sugiura
Department of Pediatrics, Tottori Prefectural Rehabilitation Center, Yonago, Tottori, Japan
Neuropediatrics 37:286-90. 2006..5 and 17, but the severity of hypoperfusion was also unchanged, respectively. Our results indicate that the frontal lobe dysfunction may be relevant to the late-onset neuropsychological symptoms with MLC...
- Spontaneous remission of infantile spasms and hypsarrhythmia following acute infection with high-grade feverChitose Sugiura
Division of Child Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1 Nishimachi, Yonago 683 8504, Japan
Epilepsy Res 77:102-7. 2007....
- A Japanese girl with leukoencephalopathy with vanishing white matterC Sugiura
Department of Child Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1, Nishichou, Yonago, 683 8504, Tottori, Japan
Brain Dev 23:58-61. 2001..To our knowledge, this is the first report of a non-Caucasian patient with this new type of leukoencephalopathy...
- Fulminant sepsis-associated encephalopathy in two children: serial neuroimaging findings and clinical courseA Kondo
Division of Child Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Neuropediatrics 40:157-61. 2009..These serial neuroradiological findings suggested severe brain damage resulting from fulminant elevation of intracranial pressure, which mimicked "brain death" or "respirator brain"...
- [Polycystic ovary syndrome and hepatocellular adenoma related to long-term use of sodium valproate in a young woman]Ayumi Seki
Division of Child Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Tottori
No To Hattatsu 38:205-8. 2006..It is known that abnormality in the sex hormones contributes to the onset of hepatocellular adenoma. Therefore, we speculate that hyperandrogenemia due to VPA contributed to the development of hepatocellular adenoma in this case...
- [Epilepsy in patients with cerebral palsy--analysis of frequency and clinical prognosis]Chitose Sugiura
Department of Pediatrics, Tottori Prefectural Kaike Rehabilitation Center for Disabled Children, Yonago, Tottori
No To Hattatsu 35:478-83. 2003..The prognosis of epilepsy is not related to the type of palsy. In spastic palsy, the patients with epilepsy showed more severe intellectual disabilities...
- Delayed neuropsychiatric syndrome in a child following carbon monoxide poisoningAkiko Kondo
Divisions of Child Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Japan
Brain Dev 29:174-7. 2007..The finding of cortical laminar necrosis in this patient is quite atypical in CO poisoning, and suggests a broader and previously nonpredicted pathomechanism in this condition...
- Immunohistochemical expression of fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-2 in epilepsy-associated malformations of cortical development (MCDs)Chitose Sugiura
Department of Child Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Tottori, Japan
Neuropathology 28:372-81. 2008....
- Long-term weekly ACTH therapy for relapsed West syndromeTohru Okanishi
Department of Pediatrics, Neonatology, and Congenital Disorders, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Pediatr Neurol 38:445-9. 2008..No serious adverse events occurred during treatment. Long-term weekly ACTH therapy is a potentially effective treatment option for relapsed West syndrome...