- Comparison between walking test and treadmill test for intermittent claudication associated with lumbar spinal canal stenosisShinji Tanishima
Faculty of Orthopedic Surgery, Misasa Onsen Hospital, 690 Yamada, Misasa cho, Touhaku gun, Tottori, 682 0197, Japan
Eur Spine J 24:327-32. 2015..To clarify the priorities of the walking test and the treadmill test for intermittent claudication of lumbar canal stenosis...
- A review of minodronic acid hydrate for the treatment of osteoporosisShinji Tanishima
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Misasa Onsen Hospital, Misasa, Tottori, Japan
Clin Interv Aging 8:185-9. 2013..On the basis of studies conducted to date, minodronic acid hydrate is considered effective for improving bone density and preventing fractures. We anticipate further investigations in the future...
- Minodronic acid influences receptor activator of nuclear factor kappaB ligand expression and suppresses bone resorption by osteoclasts in rats with collagen-induced arthritisShinji Tanishima
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Medicine of Sensory and Motor Organs, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago 683 8504, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 17:198-205. 2007..These results demonstrated that minodronic acid inhibited the differentiation and the activation of osteoclasts not by inducing apoptosis but by inhibiting the RANKL-RANK system, and thereby suppressing bone resorption...
- Clinical features and surgical outcomes of lumbar spinal stenosis in patients aged 80 years or older: a multi-center retrospective studyYoshiro Nanjo
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1 Nishi cho, Yonago, Tottori, Japan
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 133:1243-8. 2013..The purpose of this study was to clarify the clinical features and surgical outcomes for LSS in the elderly aged 80 years or older...
- Influence of glucocorticoid on bone in 3-, 6-, and 12-month-old rats as determined by bone mass and histomorphometryTomofumi Ogoshi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Tottori University Faculty of Medicine, 36 1 Nishi cho, Yonago, Tottori, 683 8504, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 18:552-61. 2008..The pathology induced by 20 mg/kg prednisolone in 6-month-old female rats seems to be most similar to glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis in humans...
- Clinical features and surgical outcomes of cervical spondylotic myelopathy in patients aged 80 years or older: a multi-center retrospective studyHideki Nagashima
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Tottori, 683 8504, Japan
Eur Spine J 20:240-6. 2011..Since this age group shows a rapid deterioration after onset, prompt decompression surgery is required...
- Spinal subdural haematoma concurrent with cranial subdural haematoma: Report of two cases and review of literatureHideki Nagashima
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Br J Neurosurg 24:537-41. 2010..Spontaneous resolution of spinal subdural haematoma was observed; therefore, surgery for this condition should be indicated only for patients with moderate or severe paraparesis or paraparesis deteriorated...
- Spinal cord infarction at the level of ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligamentAtsushi Tanida
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Tottori, Japan
Spinal Cord Ser Cases 2:16032. 2016..We report a case of acute tetraplegia, without any trauma or symptoms prior to onset, who presented with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL) in the cervical spine with concomitant spinal cord infarction...