- Reasons for Non-vaccination among Patients Who Acquired Measles: Lessons from the Local Measles Epidemics in JapanK Takahashi
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama City University, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
West Indian Med J 63:647-9. 2014..Healthcare workers should keep in mind that it is important to provide honest information on the potential risks and benefits of the vaccine, while informing parents/guardians of the vaccination schedule. ..
- Japanese trends in breastfeeding rate in baby-friendly hospitals between 2007 and 2010: a retrospective hospital-based surveillance studyTakashi Yoda
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, School of Medicine, Yokohama City University, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:207. 2013....
- Growing concerns with the flow of misinformation from electronic booksKenzo Takahashi
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama City University, Yokohama, Japan
Interact J Med Res 2:e10. 2013..We think that it is important for the government to formulate ethical guidelines for the publishing e-books with due consideration to freedom of expression...
- The economic disease burden of measles in Japan and a benefit cost analysis of vaccination, a retrospective studyKenzo Takahashi
Clinical Research Center Sanno Hospital, International University of Health and Welfare, 8 10 16 Akasaka, Tokyo, 107 0052, Japan
BMC Health Serv Res 11:254. 2011..In this study, we attempted to estimate the nationwide economic disease burden of measles based on clinical data and the economic effectiveness of this proposal using the benefit cost ratio...
- Internet usage and knowledge of radiation health effects and preventive behaviours among workers in Fukushima after the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accidentHideyuki Kanda
Fukushima Occupational Health Promotion Center, Fukushima, Japan Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, School of Medicine, Yokohama City University, Yokohama, Japan
Emerg Med J 31:e60-5. 2014..The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident (FDNPPA) was the world's second largest nuclear power plant accident. At the time that it occurred, internet usage prevalence in Japan was as high as 80%...
- Clinical heterogeneity of 1649delG mutation in the tail domain of keratin 5: a Japanese family with epidermolysis bullosa simplex with mottled pigmentationYuji Horiguchi
Department of Dermatology, Osaka Red Cross Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 125:83-5. 2005..P25L mutation was not detected in either case. It is possible that EBS-MP occurs not only based on the P25L mutation of the keratin 5 molecule, but also because of other types of mutations of epidermal keratin genes...
- Heterozygous Ala137Pro mutation in keratin 12 gene found in Japanese with Meesmann's corneal dystrophyKozo Takahashi
Department of Ophthalmology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 46:673-4. 2002..To report the molecular genetic analysis of a Japanese pedigree with Meesmann's corneal dystrophy (MCD)...
- Increasing trends in cervical cancer mortality among young Japanese women below the age of 50 years: an analysis using the Kanagawa population-based Cancer Registry, 1975-2012Yoko Motoki
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Molecular Reproductive Science, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
Cancer Epidemiol 39:700-6. 2015..The aim of the present study was to calculate exact age-specific CC mortality rates in women aged <50 years in Kanagawa, taking into account the impact of NOS uterine cancer...
- Call for action for setting up an infectious disease control action plan for disaster area activities: learning from the experience of checking suffering volunteers in the field after the Great East Japan EarthquakeKenzo Takahashi
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, School of Medicine, Yokohama City University, Yokohama, Japan
Biosci Trends 7:294-5. 2013..If the action plans are shared among local governments and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), they can become a norm and be expected to control infectious disease transmission. ..
- General workers living with younger children in Fukushima performed more preventive behavior against radiation during and after the nuclear disasterHideyuki Kanda
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yokohama City University, Yokohama, Japan E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:6893-7. 2013..During and after the Fukushima nuclear disaster (FND), many parents were concerned about the effects of radiation on the health of their children...