Affiliation: Suntory Ltd
- CYP74B24 is the 13-hydroperoxide lyase involved in biosynthesis of green leaf volatiles in tea (Camellia sinensis)Eiichiro Ono
Research Institute, Suntory Global Innovation Center Ltd, 8 1 1 Seika dai, Seika, Soraku, Kyoto 619 0238, Japan Electronic address
Plant Physiol Biochem 98:112-8. 2016..Our results not only provide novel insights into the biological roles that GLVs play in tea plants, but also serve as basis for the improvement of aroma quality in tea manufacturing processes. ..
- Yellow flowers generated by expression of the aurone biosynthetic pathwayEiichiro Ono
Institute for Advanced Technology, Department of Research and Development, and Institute for Healthcare Science, Suntory Ltd, 1 1 1 Wakayamadai, Mishima, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:11075-80. 2006..Our findings herein not only demonstrate the biochemical basis of aurone biosynthesis but also open the way to engineering yellow flowers for major ornamental species lacking this color variant...
- Sequential glucosylation of a furofuran lignan, (+)-sesaminol, by Sesamum indicum UGT71A9 and UGT94D1 glucosyltransferasesAkio Noguchi
Institute for Health Care Science, Suntory Ltd, 1 1 1 Wakayamadai, Shimamoto, Mishima, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
Plant J 54:415-27. 2008....
- Functional differentiation of the glycosyltransferases that contribute to the chemical diversity of bioactive flavonol glycosides in grapevines (Vitis vinifera)Eiichiro Ono
Core Research Group, R and D Planing Division, Suntory Holdings Ltd, Shimamoto, Mishima, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
Plant Cell 22:2856-71. 2010....
- Co-pigmentation and flavonoid glycosyltransferases in blue Veronica persica flowersEiichiro Ono
Institute for Health Care Science, Suntory Ltd, Mishima, Osaka, Japan
Phytochemistry 71:726-35. 2010..Preferential expression of UGT88D8 and UGT94F1 genes in the petals supports the idea that these UGTs play an important role in the biosynthesis of key flavonoids responsible for the development of the blue color of V. persica flowers...
- Metabolic engineering of lignan biosynthesis in Forsythia cell cultureHyun Jung Kim
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, 1 1 1 Wakayamadai, Shimamoto, Mishima, Osaka, 618 8503, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 50:2200-9. 2009..These data suggest Forsythia cell suspension to be a promising tool for the engineering of lignan production. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report on transgenic production of an exogenous lignan in a plant species...
- Local differentiation of sugar donor specificity of flavonoid glycosyltransferase in LamialesAkio Noguchi
Institute for Health Care Science, Suntory Ltd, Suntory Research Center, Shimamoto, Mishima, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
Plant Cell 21:1556-72. 2009..Thus, the plasticity of sugar donor specificity explains, in part, the extraordinary structural diversification of phytochemicals...
- Recent advances in the metabolic engineering of lignan biosynthesis pathways for the production of transgenic plant-based foods and supplementsHonoo Satake
Bioorganic Research Institute, Suntory Foundation for Life Sciences, 1 1 1 Wakayamadai, Shimamoto, Mishima, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 61:11721-9. 2013....
- Volatile Glycosylation in Tea Plants: Sequential Glycosylations for the Biosynthesis of Aroma β-Primeverosides Are Catalyzed by Two Camellia sinensis GlycosyltransferasesShoji Ohgami
Graduate School of Agriculture S O, K T, Y O, T A, T O and Research Institute of Green Science and Technology H D, T O, Shizuoka University, Shizuoka 422 8529, Japan Research Institute, Suntory Global Innovation Center, Shimamoto, Mishima, Osaka 618 8503, Japan E O, H T Bioorganic Research Institute, Suntory Foundation for Life Sciences, Shimamoto, Mishima, Osaka 618 8503, Japan M H, J M Graduate School of Medicine, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi 753 8515, Japan K M Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan M M andGraduate School of Engineering, Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu 432 8561, Japan N W
Plant Physiol 168:464-77. 2015..sinensis. This information can be used to preserve tea aroma better during the manufacturing process and to investigate the mechanism of plant chemical defenses...
- Localization of a flavonoid biosynthetic polyphenol oxidase in vacuolesEiichiro Ono
Suntory Research Center, Shimamoto cho, Mishima gun, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
Plant J 45:133-43. 2006..The findings of this metabolic compartmentation may provide a strategy for overcoming the biochemical instability of the precursor chalcones in the cytoplasm, thus leading to the efficient accumulation of aurones in the flower...
- Formation of two methylenedioxy bridges by a Sesamum CYP81Q protein yielding a furofuran lignan, (+)-sesaminEiichiro Ono
Institutes for Advanced Technology, Suntory, 1 1 1 Wakayamadai, Shimamoto cho, Mishima, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:10116-21. 2006..In contrast, Sesamum alatum CYP81Q3 showed no activity, in accord with (+)-sesamin being deficient in S. alatum. Our findings not only provide insight into lignan biosynthesis but also unravel a unique mode of cytochrome P450 action...
- Essences in metabolic engineering of lignan biosynthesisHonoo Satake
Bioorganic Research Institute, Suntory Foundation for Life Sciences, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
Metabolites 5:270-90. 2015..This review will present the basic and latest knowledge regarding metabolic engineering of lignans based on their biosynthetic pathways and biological activities, and the perspectives in lignan production via metabolic engineering. ..
- Japanese morning glory dusky mutants displaying reddish-brown or purplish-gray flowers are deficient in a novel glycosylation enzyme for anthocyanin biosynthesis, UDP-glucose:anthocyanidin 3-O-glucoside-2''-O-glucosyltransferase, due to 4-bp insertions inYasumasa Morita
National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Plant J 42:353-63. 2005..Moreover, the introduced Ip3GGT cDNA efficiently produced 3GGT that converted cyanidin 3-O-glucoside into cyanidin 3-O-sophoroside in transgenic petunia plants...
- Biosynthesis of poly-gamma-glutamic acid in plants: transient expression of poly-gamma-glutamate synthetase complex in tobacco leavesYutaka Tarui
Department of Biology and Geoscience, Graduate School of Science, Osaka City University, 3 3 138 Sugimoto, Sumiyoshi ku, Osaka 558 8585, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 100:443-8. 2005..Confirmation of gammaPGA biosynthesis in the transient expression analysis in tobacco tissue indicates that subunits of pgs complex were expressed and reassembled in a functional form...
- Why green fluorescent fusion proteins have not been observed in the vacuoles of higher plantsKentaro Tamura
Department of Botany, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Plant J 35:545-55. 2003..This might eliminate a large hurdle in studies of the vacuolar-targeting machinery and the organ- and stage-specific differentiation of endomembrane systems in plants...