Affiliation: Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research
- Novel proteinaceous toxins from the box jellyfish (sea wasp) Carybdea rastoniH Nagai
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, 1 1 1 Wakayamadai, Shimamoto, Mishima, Osaka, 618 8503, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 275:582-8. 2000..v.) and crayfish at 5 microg/kg (i.p.). Subcutaneously injected CrTX-A (0.1 microg) caused inflammation of mouse skin. These results showed that CrTX-A is responsible for the cutaneous inflammation observed in humans stung by C. rastoni...
- Isolation and characterization of a novel protein toxin from the Hawaiian box jellyfish (sea wasp) Carybdea alataH Nagai
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, 1 1 1, Wakayamadai, Shimamoto, Mishima, Osaka, 618 8503, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 275:589-94. 2000..Secondary structure analysis of CaTX-A and CrTXs suggested the presence of amphiphilic alpha-helices, which are also seen in several known hemolytic or cytolytic protein toxins, including peptide toxins...
- Manauealides, some of the causative agents of a red alga Gracilaria coronopifolia poisoning in HawaiiH Nagai
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, Osaka, Japan
J Nat Prod 60:925-8. 1997..Compounds 1 and 2 are presumed to be the causative toxins of G. coronopifolia food poisoning in Hawaii. Manauealide A (1) and C (3) are new macrolides, whereas manauealide B (2) is a known semisynthetic product of 5...
- Helicobacter pylori infection induces gastric cancer in mongolian gerbilsT Watanabe
Drug Safety Research Laboratories, Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Gastroenterology 115:642-8. 1998..pylori is actually associated with gastric carcinogenesis. The purpose of this study was to elucidate the relationship between H. pylori infection and gastric carcinogenesis using an animal model of long-term H. pylori infection...
- Regions of the Escherichia coli primary sigma factor sigma70 that are involved in interaction with RNA polymerase core enzymeH Nagai
Structural Biology Center, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Genes Cells 2:725-34. 1997..In this report, we employed the protein footprinting method to investigate the alteration of the structure and function of Escherichia coli sigma70 by binding to core enzyme and promoter DNA...
- New malyngamides from the Hawaiian cyanobacterium Lyngbya majusculaY Kan
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, Wakayamadai, Shimamoto, Mishima gun, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
J Nat Prod 63:1599-602. 2000..Isomalyngamides A and B (1, 2) showed lethal toxicity to crayfish...