Affiliation: St. Marianna University School of Medicine
- Current status of delivery systems to improve target efficacy of oligonucleotidesYoko Shoji
Department of Microbiology, St Marianna University School of Medicine 2 16 1, Sugao Miyamae ku, Kawasaki 216 8511, Japan
Curr Pharm Des 10:785-96. 2004..Although we cannot extensively cover all reports, we will summarize several experiments with delivery system in vitro and in vivo. We will then address the possible factors promoting the efficient delivery of oligonucleotides...
- Nutraceutics and delivery systemsYoko Shoji
Department of Microbiology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki 216 8511, Japan
J Drug Target 12:385-91. 2004..We will discuss the target molecules of dietary supplements for prevention of diseases and also introduce the pioneering works of delivery systems for dietary supplements to promote their therapeutic value...
- Glucose-lowering effect of powder formulation of African black tea extract in KK-A(y)/TaJcl diabetic mouseYoko Shoji
Department of Microbiology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1, Sugao, Miyamae ku Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216 8511, Japan
Arch Pharm Res 29:786-94. 2006..05). From these results, African black tea used in this study showed a suppressive effect on the elevation of blood glucose during food intake and the body weight...
- Specific transgene expression in HIV-infected cells using protease-cleavable transcription regulatorDaisuke Asai
Department of Microbiology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki 216 8511, Japan
J Control Release 141:52-61. 2010..This strategy should be widely applicable for specific expression of a variety of therapeutic genes in virus-infected cells...
- Inflammatory cell-specific transgene expression system responding to Ikappa-B kinase beta activationDaisuke Asai
Department of Microbiology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Japan
J Gene Med 11:624-32. 2009..In the present study, we applied this concept to inflammatory cells using Ikappa-B kinase as a signal molecule that triggers the gene expression...
- Direct, real-time, simultaneous monitoring of intravitreal nitric oxide and oxygen in endotoxin-induced uveitis in rabbitsYasue Yomura
Department of Ophthalmology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216 8511, Japan
Life Sci 80:1449-57. 2007..This process may be related to the retinal injury in EIU. This monitoring system can provide useful information on dynamic changes in intravitreal NO and pO(2) for understanding EIU...
- The features and shortcomings for gene delivery of current non-viral carriersKota Kodama
Department of Microbiology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Sugao Miyamae ku Kawasaki, Japan
Curr Med Chem 13:2155-61. 2006..We have named this gene delivery system a drug delivery system based on responses cellular signal (D-RECS). We will introduce this new concept of intelligent non-viral delivery system that our group recently developed...
- Anti-stress activity of mulberry juice in miceHiroshi Sakagami
Division of Pharmacology, Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Sciences, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Sakado, Saitama, Japan
In Vivo 20:499-504. 2006..These data suggest that the anti-stress activity of mulberry juice in vivo may be derived from its radical scavenging activity...
- Cytotoxic activity of azulenequinones against human oral tumor cell linesHidetsugu Wakabayashi
Faculty of Science, Josai University, Sakado, Saitama, Japan
Anticancer Res 25:305-12. 2005..None of the twenty-seven azulenequinones showed anti-HIV activity. These results suggest  and  as possible candidates for future cancer chemotherapy...
- Drug delivery system based on responses to an HIV infectious signalDaisuke Asai
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Med Chem 4:386-91. 2008....
- Cytotoxicity and radical modulating activity of Moxa smokeHiroshi Sakagami
Department of Dental Pharmacology, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Sakado, Saitama, Japan
In Vivo 19:391-7. 2005..All Moxa smoke preparations showed no apparent anti-HIV activity. These data demonstrate the antitumor potential of Moxa smoke...
- Drug delivery system to control infectious diseasesYoko Shoji
Higher Dimension Research, Inc, St Marianna University School of Medicine, St Paul, MN 55125, USA
Curr Pharm Des 8:455-65. 2002..Furthermore, efficient drug delivery system (DDS) to deliver antiviral agents to the infectious site is highly needed. In this article, we will address the target molecule of antiviral agents and possible DDS for the infectious disease...