Affiliation: St. Marianna University School of Medicine
- Fasudil attenuates sympathetic nervous activity in the adrenal medulla of spontaneously hypertensive ratsToshio Kumai
Department of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki 2168511, Japan
Life Sci 81:1193-8. 2007..These results suggest that the depressor effects of fasudil on hypertension in spontaneously hypertensive rats may be related to inhibition of the catecholamine synthetic pathway...
- Analysis of the CYP2D6 gene in relation to dextromethorphan O-demethylation capacity in a Japanese populationT Tateishi
Department of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Kawasaki, Japan
Clin Pharmacol Ther 65:570-5. 1999..To analyze the CYP2D6 allele frequencies in a Japanese population and to evaluate the effects of CYP2D6 variants on in vivo CYP2D6 activity as measured by the dextromethorphan metabolic ratio (MR)...
- Effects of nitric oxide synthase inhibitor on tyrosine hydroxylase mRNA in the adrenal medulla of spontaneously hypertensive and Wistar Kyoto ratsT Kumai
Department of Pharmacology, Department of Pediatrics, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Kanagawa, Miyamae ku, 216 8511, Japan
Nitric Oxide 3:321-6. 1999..Our results also suggest that this effect is suppressed in SHR due to decreased NOS activity in the adrenal medulla...
- Involvement of tyrosine hydroxylase up regulation in dexamethasone-induced hypertension of ratsT Kumai
Dept of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Japan
Life Sci 67:1993-9. 2000..alpha-Methyl-p-tyrosine prevented the DEX-induced blood pressure increase. These results suggest that the catecholamine synthetic pathway may be involved in DEX-induced hypertension...
- Irinotecan-induced apoptosis is inhibited by increased P-glycoprotein expression and decreased p53 in human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsYuko Takeba
Department of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216 8511, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1400-6. 2007..These results suggest that the accumulation of irinotecan in HCC leads to the development of drug resistance...
- Irinotecan activates p53 with its active metabolite, resulting in human hepatocellular carcinoma apoptosisYuko Takeba
Department of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1, Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaski, Kanagawa 216 8511, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 104:232-42. 2007..These results suggest that the p53-mediated apoptosis pathway is important in the anticancer effects of irinotecan in hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Pleiotropic effects of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase inhibitors: candidate mechanisms for anti-lipid deposition in blood vesselsT Kumai
Department of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki shi, Kanagawa, Japan
Curr Med Chem Cardiovasc Hematol Agents 3:195-201. 2005..However, the pleiotropic effects occur regardless of statin hydrophilicity and lipophilicity. This review summarizes the pleiotropic effects of statins on lipid deposition in blood vessels...
- Utilization of human liver microsomes to explain individual differences in paclitaxel metabolism by CYP2C8 and CYP3A4Ryoko Taniguchi
Department of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 97:83-90. 2005..CYP2C8 is the primary metabolic pathway of paclitaxel, but there is a "shifting phenomenon" in the metabolic pathway of paclitaxel in the liver of some human subjects...
- Involvement of tyrosine hydroxylase upregulation in cyclosporine-induced hypertensionH Shimizu
Department of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 85:306-12. 2001..These results suggest that cyclosporine increased blood pressure via activation of the catecholamine synthetic pathway due to the activation of transcription factor CREB...
- Biochemical and morphological characterization of spontaneously hypertensive hyperlipidaemic ratsToshio Kumai
Departments of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 30:537-44. 2003..The SHHR may be valuable in the study of mechanisms of atherosclerosis and the evaluation of anti-atherosclerosis drugs as a new strain of cardiovascular disease...
- Effect of interferon-alpha on tyrosine hydroxylase and catecholamine levels in the brain of ratsT Kumai
Department of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki, 216 8511 Japan
Life Sci 67:663-9. 2000..These results suggest that interferon-alpha-induced depression may be related to change in the catecholamine synthetic pathway in the central nervous system...
- Tyrosine hydroxylase antisense gene therapy causes hypotensive effects in the spontaneously hypertensive ratsT Kumai
Department of Pharmacology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki shi, Japan
J Hypertens 19:1769-73. 2001..These findings suggest that peripheral systemic injection of TH AS ODN may be effective as hypotensive therapy in SHR...
- Nipradilol induces vasodilation of canine isolated posterior ciliary artery via stimulation of the guanylyl cyclase-cGMP pathwayYasushi Kitaoka
Department of Ophthalmology, St Marianna University of School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki shi, Kanagawa, 216 8511, Japan
Life Sci 71:1115-24. 2002..These findings indicate that nipradilol-induced vasorelaxation in the canine posterior ciliary artery occurs via stimulation of the guanylyl cyclase-cGMP pathway...
- Relationships between non-occupational cadmium exposure and expression of nine cytochrome P450 forms in human liver and kidney cortex samplesJ R Baker
National Research Centre for Environmental Toxicology, Brisbane, Australia
Biochem Pharmacol 62:713-21. 2001....
- A novel single nucleotide polymorphism altering stability and activity of CYP2a6N Ariyoshi
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, 060 0812, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281:810-4. 2001..These data suggest that individuals homozygous for the T1412C variant allele or heterozygous for this and a defect allele such as the CYP2A6*4 may be poor metabolizer of nicotine, but not coumarin...
- Genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 2A6 in a case-control study on lung cancer in a French populationM A Loriot
INSERM U490, Molecular Toxicology, University of Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Pharmacogenetics 11:39-44. 2001..1, 95% confidence interval = 0.7-1.9)...
- Comparison of the levels of enzymes involved in drug metabolism between transgenic or gene-knockout and the parental miceN Ariyoshi
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 29:161-72. 2001..The content or activities of almost all other enzymes examined in the present study do not appear to be affected by the gene manipulation...
- Significant suppression of rat liver aldolase B by a toxic coplanar polychlorinated biphenyl, 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenylY Ishii
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Toxicology 116:193-9. 1997..The suppression of rat liver aldolase B could be a key biochemical lesion caused by PenCB...
- Effects of a highly toxic coplanar polychlorinated biphenyl, 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl on intermediary metabolism: reduced triose phosphate content in rat liver cytosolY Ishii
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka, 812-8582, Japan
Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi 92:190-200. 2001..The suppression of triose phosphate metabolism could be a cause of the wasting syndrome provoked by highly toxic coplanar PCB...
- Accumulation of the 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium ion in suncus (Suncus murinus) brain: implication for flavin-containing monooxygenase activity in brain microvesselsT Mushiroda
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism, Division of Pharmacobio-dynamics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0812, Japan
Chem Res Toxicol 14:228-32. 2001..These results suggest that FMO(s) plays a significant role in the detoxification of MPTP in cerebral endothelial cells...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism of CYP2b6 found in Japanese enhances catalytic activity by autoactivationN Ariyoshi
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, 060 0812, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281:1256-60. 2001..This is the first evidence demonstrating that only one amino acid substitution, Gln172His, caused by natural SNP enhances the catalytic activity of CYP by obtaining the character of homotropic cooperativity...
- CYP1A1 is a major enzyme responsible for the metabolism of granisetron in human liver microsomesH Nakamura
Division of Pharmacy, University Hospital, Chiba University School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8677, Japan
Curr Drug Metab 6:469-80. 2005..This is the first report demonstrating the substantial contribution of CYP1A1 to the metabolism of a drug, although its role in the metabolism of environmental compounds is well established...
- Characterization of the rat Star gene that encodes the predominant 3.5-kilobase pair mRNA. ACTH stimulation of adrenal steroids in vivo precedes elevation of Star mRNA and proteinN Ariyoshi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 273:7610-9. 1998..Although elevation of STAR protein by ACTH does not cause the acute increase in adrenal cholesterol metabolism, changes in the turnover or distribution of an active STAR subfraction cannot be excluded...