Affiliation: Shinshu University
- A case of unilateral gravid macromastia in 23-year-old Japanese woman associated with elevated serum CA19-9Takehiko Sakai
Division of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto, 390 8621, Japan
Breast Cancer 12:238-42. 2005..This benign tumor is sometimes difficult to distinguish from malignant tumors since it shows few histological characteristics and grows rapidly. Attention is necessary to diagnose tumors of the breast during pregnancy...
- Can cytological findings predict intraductal spread of breast cancer? Histopathological case-control studyTakehiko Sakai
Division of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Pathol Int 55:775-80. 2005..01). In conclusion, EDS can be determined by estimating histological type via cytodiagnosis and measuring the nuclear diameter of cancer cells...
- Intraductal papilloma with bloody discharge from Montgomery's areolar tubercle examined by ductoscopy from the areolaTakehiko Sakai
Breast Pathology Section, Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6, Ariake, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Breast Cancer 13:104-6. 2006..Although there are a few breast carcinomas that cause bloody discharge and eruption of areola, areolar preservation should be performed with the knowledge that disease may also involve the areola through the lactiferous ducts...
- Long-term prognoses and outcomes of axillary lymph node recurrence in 2,578 sentinel lymph node-negative patients for whom axillary lymph node dissection was omitted: results from one Japanese hospitalAkiko Ogiya
Breast Oncology Center, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 8 31 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo, 135 8550, Japan
Breast Cancer 23:318-22. 2016..We examined the long-term results of omission of axillary dissection in sentinel lymph node-negative patients treated at our hospital, as well as their axillary lymph node recurrence characteristics and outcomes...
- Validation study of the UICC TNM classification of malignant tumors, seventh edition, in breast cancerNatsue Uehiro
Breast Oncology Center, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Breast Cancer 21:748-53. 2014..The major change concerning breast cancer is a change in the stages for patients with T0 or T1N1miM0. In the present study, the seventh edition of the TNM classification was validated in breast cancer...
- A case of carcinosarcoma of the breastNahomi Tokudome
Department of Breast Pathology, The Cancer Institute, 3 10 16 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Breast Cancer 12:149-53. 2005..Such tumors are very rare, and there have been no detailed reports of recurrence patterns of carcinosarcoma. Here we report our pathological findings in detail...
- Influence of lymphatic invasion on locoregional recurrence following mastectomy: indication for postmastectomy radiotherapy for breast cancer patients with one to three positive nodesRyoichi Matsunuma
Department of Surgery, Breast Oncology Center, Cancer Institute Hospital of the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:845-52. 2012..The purpose of this study was to identify patient groups for whom PMRT may be indicated, focusing on varied locoregional recurrence rates depending on lymphatic invasion (ly) status...
- [Breast cancer]Takehiko Sakai
Department of Breast Surgery, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 37:2829-32. 2010..Life expectancy, comorbidities, and organ function are also features that have to be considered when treating the elderly...