Affiliation: Shimane University
- Clinical outcomes of extended esophagectomy with three-field lymph node dissection for esophageal squamous cell carcinomaMitsuo Tachibana
Department of Digestive and General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Shimane University, Izumo 693 8501, Shimane, Japan
Am J Surg 189:98-109. 2005....
- Surgical treatment of superficial esophageal cancerMitsuo Tachibana
Unit of Digestive and General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Shimane University, Izumo, Shimane, 693 8501, Japan
Langenbecks Arch Surg 391:304-21. 2006..The worldwide incidence of superficial esophageal cancer (SEC) is increasing. The aim of this study is to review the systematic surgical outcomes of esophagectomy for SEC...
- Expression and prognostic significance of EFNB2 and EphB4 genes in patients with oesophageal squamous cell carcinomaM Tachibana
Digestive and General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Shimane University, Izumo 693 8501, Shimane, Japan
Dig Liver Dis 39:725-32. 2007..The prognostic importance of ephrin-B2 ligand (EFNB2) and its receptor EphB4, and its correlation with clinicopathologic characteristics are yet to be delineated in patients with oesophageal carcinoma...
- FR-167653, a selective p38 MAPK inhibitor, exerts salutary effect on liver cirrhosis through downregulation of Runx2Shinji Hattori
Department of Digestive and General Surgery, Shimane University, Izumo, Japan
Lab Invest 87:591-601. 2007..The ameliorating effect of FR could be partially attributable to an inhibition of the Smad4/p38/Runx2 axis in the cirrhotic liver...
- Esophagectomy for cancer: clinical concerns support centralizing operations within the larger hospitalsH Fujita
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Kurume University, Kurume, Fukuoka 830 0011, Japan
Dis Esophagus 23:145-52. 2010..If medical policy in Japan aims to further decrease the mortality after esophagectomy, then esophagectomy operations should be limited in these identified low-volume hospitals...
- Appraisal of a revised lymph node classification system for esophageal squamous cell cancerDipok Kumar Dhar
Naze Tokushukai Hospital, Amamioshima, Kagoshima, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1265-72. 2007..To that end, 863 patients with a curative resection for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma were analyzed to evaluate a useful and simple nodal classification system...