- Complementary DNA cloning and molecular evolution of opine dehydrogenases in some marine invertebratesTomohiro Kimura
Laboratory of Marine Biochemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 6:493-502. 2004..The phylogenetic trees derived from the nucleotide and amino acid sequences were consistent with the classification of species resulting from classical taxonomic analyses...
- Angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitory peptides derived from wakame (Undaria pinnatifida) and their antihypertensive effect in spontaneously hypertensive ratsMinoru Sato
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1 1 Tsutsumidoriamamiyamachi, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi, 981 8555, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 50:6245-52. 2002..The present study showed that antihypertensive effect in the hydrolysates of wakame by Protease S "Amano" was attributed to these peptides...
- Antihypertensive effects of hydrolysates of wakame (Undaria pinnatifida) and their angiotensin-I-converting enzyme inhibitory activityMinoru Sato
Laboratory of Marine Biochemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Miyagi, Japan
Ann Nutr Metab 46:259-67. 2002..The angiotensin-I-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitory and antihypertensive activities of wakame hydrolysates have been investigated in several studies...
- Inhibitory effects of hot water extract of the Stevia stem on the contractile response of the smooth muscle of the guinea pig ileumKazuhiro Shiozaki
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:489-94. 2006..The antagonistic effects exerted by the stem extract of Stevia rebaudiana contributed to the gastroprotective activity of the extract in animals fed dietary histamine...
- Effect of severe environmental thermal stress on redox state in salmonToshiki Nakano
Marine Biochemistry Laboratory, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi 981 8555, Japan
Redox Biol 2:772-6. 2014..Hence, manipulation of appropriate thermal treatment may possibly be useful to control fish fitness. ..
- Molecular characterization of adenosine 5'-monophosphate deaminase--the key enzyme responsible for the umami taste of nori (Porphyra yezoensis Ueda, Rhodophyta)Seiko Minami
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi 985 8555, Japan
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 13:1140-7. 2011..Proline in the conserved motif of [SA]-[LIVM]-[NGS]-[STA]-D-D-P was found to be converted to glutamate. These results indicate that nori AMPD is a novel type of AMPD...
- Presence of free D-amino acids in microalgaeTakehiko Yokoyama
School of Fisheries Sciences, Kitasato University, Ofunato, Iwate 022 0101, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:388-92. 2003..The D-amino acid content in Asterionella sp. of the marine diatoms increased from the exponential phase to the stationary phase and then decreased to the phase of decline...
- The amino acid sequence of tauropine dehydrogenase from the polychaete Arabella iricolorNobuhiro Kan-no
Department of Marine Biosciences, School of Fisheries Sciences, Kitasato University, Sanriku 160 4, Ohfunato, Iwate 022 0101, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 140:475-85. 2005..Based on these data, the two isoforms of Arabella tauropine dehydrogenase are simple proteins consisted of 396 amino acid residues with calculated molecular masses of 43,085.7 Da (Thr41 isoform) and 43,097.8 Da (Ile41 isoform)...
- Tauropine dehydrogenase from the marine sponge Halichondria japonica is a homolog of ornithine cyclodeaminase/mu-crystallinNobuhiro Kan-no
Department of Marine Biosciences, School of Fisheries Sciences, Kitasato University Sanriku 160 4, Ohfunato, Iwate 022 0101, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 141:331-9. 2005..These findings indicate that opine dehydrogenases in marine invertebrates are not all homologous...