Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: RIKEN Brain Science Institute
- Improvement of photoaffinity SPR imaging platform and determination of the binding site of p62/SQSTM1 to p38 MAP kinaseAkiko Saito
Antibiotics Laboratory, Chemical Biology Department, Advanced Research Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama, 351 0198, Japan
Chem Asian J 3:1607-12. 2008..These SPR analysis data and empirical biologic data reveal that the binding site of p62 to p38 is the domain corresponding to 173-182...
- p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase plays a key role in regulating MAPKAPK2 expressionTatsuhiko Sudo
Antibiotics Laboratory and Bioarchitect Research Group, DRI, RIKEN, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:415-21. 2005..Together, we have established cell lines that can be used in analyzing the functions of MAPKs, especially p38alpha, and show that p38 is indispensable for MAPKAPK2 expression...
- Specific regulation of cytokine-dependent p38 MAP kinase activation by p62/SQSTM1Kayoko Kawai
Antibiotics Laboratory and Bioarchitect Research Group, DRI, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama, 351 0198, Japan
J Biochem 143:765-72. 2008..Cytokine mRNA is often stabilized via p38 pathway. In the absence of p62, IL-8 mRNA induced by IL-1beta became more fragile. These data show that p62 specifically regulates cytokine-dependent p38 signalling pathway...
- A p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitor screening method using growth recovery of Escherichia coli as an indexKayoko Kawai
Antibiotics Laboratory and Bioarchitect Research Group, RIKEN Advanced Science Institute, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Anal Biochem 388:128-33. 2009..This study demonstrates that this is a promising and economical inhibitor screening method not only for p38 but also for other proteins...
- Oxidative stress-induced ubiquitination of RCAN1 mediated by SCFbeta-TrCP ubiquitin ligaseSachie Asada
Kishi Initiative Research Unit, Frontier Research System, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Int J Mol Med 22:95-104. 2008..These results suggest that H2O2 induces SCF beta-TrCP-mediated ubiquitination of RCAN1, leading to a decrease in the protein level of RCAN1...
- Exip, a splicing variant of p38alpha, participates in interleukin-1 receptor proximal complex and downregulates NF-kappaB pathwayYuki Yagasaki
Antibiotics Laboratory and Bioarchitect Research Group, DRI, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
FEBS Lett 575:136-40. 2004..Together, these results demonstrate that Exip can be a new component of NF-kappaB pathway, and contribute to a comprehensive understanding of the signal transduction pathway in the inflammatory responses...
- Involvement of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase-1 on angiotensin II-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expressionTakashi Omura
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Osaka City University Medical School, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:270-5. 2004..To elucidate these molecular mechanisms, angiotensin II-induced expression of MCP-1 was examined in cultured rat neonatal ventricular cardiomyocytes and fibroblasts by adenovirus gene transfer...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases, Erk and p38, phosphorylate and regulate Foxo1Sachie Asada
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan
Cell Signal 19:519-27. 2007..These results suggest that Foxo1 is specifically phosphorylated by Erk and p38, and that this phosphorylation regulates the function of Foxo1 as a coactivator for Ets-1...
- Endothelin-1-induced cardiac hypertrophy is inhibited by activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha partly via blockade of c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase pathwayYoko Irukayama-Tomobe
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Circulation 109:904-10. 2004..However, the roles of PPAR-alpha activators in endothelin (ET)-1-induced cardiac hypertrophy are not yet known...
- Disruption of a single copy of the p38alpha MAP kinase gene leads to cardioprotection against ischemia-reperfusionKinya Otsu
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 302:56-60. 2003..2+/-0.7% in the p38alpha(+/-) heart. These suggested that p38alpha plays a pivotal role in the signal transduction pathway mediating myocardial cell death caused by ischemia-reperfusion...
- Involvement of p38alpha in kainate-induced seizure and neuronal cell damageKana Namiki
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 27:99-111. 2007..These results suggest that p38alpha signaling pathway plays an important role in epileptic seizure and excitotoxicity...
- Role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in thrombus formationKanako Sakurai
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology and Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 24:283-96. 2004..These results suggest that p38 plays an important role in thrombus formation by regulating platelet function and tissue factor activity...
- Essential role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in contact hypersensitivityYoko Takanami-Ohnishi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:37896-903. 2002..These results suggest that p38 plays a key role in CHS and is an important target for the treatment of CHS...