Affiliation: Research Institute of Tuberculosis
- [How to cope with the global tuberculosis burden--experiences and perspectives for Japan's international cooperation]Nobukatsu Ishikawa
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokyo
Kekkaku 80:89-94. 2005..Through the international cooperation, we aim ultimately at 1) support for self-reliance, 2) empowerment (capacity building for problem finding and solution) of the people concerned, and 3) promotion of global peace without arms...
- [Tuberculosis care and new horizon of Japanese society]Nobukatsu Ishikawa
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association JATA, Tokyo, Japan
Kekkaku 87:367-81. 2012..This symposium has also shown that the tuberculosis services must be patients-centered and supported by the people, addressing a new horizon of public health in Japan through tuberculosis control...
- [Tuberculosis among the socially vulnerable populations; perspectives from human security concept]Nobukatsu Ishikawa
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, 3 1 24, Matsuyama, Kiyose shi, Tokyo 204 8533 Japan
Kekkaku 84:545-50. 2009....
- [Tuberculosis control in Shinjuku Ward, Tokyo--promoting the DOTS program and its outcome]Sumi Kaguraoka
Nishishinjuku Public Health Centre, Tokyo, Japan
Kekkaku 83:611-20. 2008..Therefore, one of the important TB programs in Shinjuku has been to actively detect cases among high-risk groups such as foreigners and the homeless...
- Computerized surveillance system of tuberculosis in Japan: its evolution, achievement and challengesMasako Ohmori
The Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association JATA, Tokyo, Japan
Kekkaku 87:15-23. 2012..An important role of the Research Institute of Tuberculosis is to support the planning and execution of TB control with provision of useful epidemiological information from the system...
- [On-the-street DOTS for a homeless tuberculosis patient--case report of a patient who had difficulties with TB treatment adherence]Reiko Saito
Ochiai Public Health Center, Tokyo, 4 6 7, Shimo Ochiai, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 161 0033, Japan
Kekkaku 88:429-37. 2013..Based on the analysis of this case, we have discussed how to provide effective countermeasures to non-compliant TB patients...
- Transmission of specific genotype streptomycin resistant strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area in JapanAkihiro Ohkado
Department of Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Matsuyama 3 1 24, Kiyose, Tokyo, Japan
BMC Infect Dis 9:138. 2009..tuberculosis in the TMA as observed in the above incident, and to identify the possible transmission routes of the strains among people living in urban settings in Japan...
- [What is needed to prevent defaulting from tuberculosis treatment?]Kunihiko Ito
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, JATA, 3 1 24, Matsuyama, Kiyose shi, Tokyo 204 8533 Japan
Kekkaku 83:621-8. 2008..To investigate the factors relating to defaulting from tuberculosis treatment in Japan, and clarify what is needed to prevent defaulting...
- Characteristics and treatment outcomes of tuberculosis cases by risk groups, Japan, 2007-2010Kazuhiro Uchimura
The Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokyo, Japan
Western Pac Surveill Response J 4:11-8. 2013..We studied the characteristics and treatment outcomes of the following risk groups for tuberculosis (TB): those with HIV and diabetes mellitus (DM), contact cases, the homeless, foreigners, health care workers (HCW) and the elderly...
- [The use of nationwide tuberculosis surveillance system data to determine geographical differences in drug resistance--consideration of the representativeness of the drug resistance rate in Japan]Masako Ohmori
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association JATA, Tuberculosis Surveillance Center, Tokyo, Japan
Kekkaku 86:729-35. 2011....
- [Medical service systems for tuberculosis in low-incidence countries]Seiya Kato
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokyo, Japan
Kekkaku 87:577-84. 2012..This study aims to provide suggestions for restructuring the medical service system in Japan by analyzing the systems in selected countries with low incidence...
- [Recent case-finding activities of school children in Japan]Hitoshi Hoshino
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokyo, Japan
Kekkaku 85:839-44. 2010..Our purpose in the present study was to evaluate the effects of revised case-finding activity for these school students...
- Comparison of the sensitivity and specificity of two whole blood interferon-gamma assays for M. tuberculosis infectionNobuyuki Harada
The Research Institute of Tuberculosis, 3 1 24, Matsuyama, Kiyose City, Tokyo 204 8533, Japan
J Infect 56:348-53. 2008..To compare the sensitivity and the specificity of the QuantiFERON-TB Gold (QFT-G) and QuantiFERON-TB Gold In Tube (QFT-GIT) diagnostic tests for Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection...
- [Frequency of MDR-TB/XDR-TB strains isolated from chronic pulmonary tuberculosis patients in Japan]Yuko Kazumi
Pathology Division, Mycobacterium Reference Center, Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokyo
Kekkaku 82:891-6. 2007..To observe the frequency of MDR-TB/XDR-TB strains isolated from chronic pulmonary tuberculosis patients in Japan...
- The management for tuberculosis control in Greater London in comparison with that in Osaka City: lessons for improvement of TB control management in Osaka City urban settingAkihiro Ohkado
Department of International Cooperation, The Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Matsuyama 3 1 24, Kiyose, Tokyo 2048533, Japan
Health Policy 73:104-23. 2005....
- [A survey on the onset of tuberculosis in nursing homes]Shinji Shishido
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, 3 1 24, Matsuyama, Kiyose shi, Tokyo 204 8533, Japan
Kekkaku 78:691-7. 2003..To obtain the informations how to promote early detection and prevention of nosocomial infection of tuberculosis in nursing homes for the elderly...
- Detection of Tuberculosis Infection Hotspots Using Activity Spaces Based Spatial Approach in an Urban Tokyo, from 2003 to 2011Kiyohiko Izumi
Department of Epidemiology and Clinical Research, The Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti tuberculosis Association RIT JATA, Kiyose City, Tokyo, Japan Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki City, Nagasaki, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0138831. 2015..We further compared the spatial distribution by different residential statuses and describe urban environmental features of the detected hotspots...
- [Implementation and evaluation by a population-based RFLP analysis in an urban area, Shinjuku city, Tokyo--the possibility of application for contact investigations]Michiko Nagamine
Shinjuku Public Health Centre, Tokyo, Japan
Kekkaku 83:379-86. 2008..The objectives were to examine Mycobacterium tuberculosis transmission patterns by RFLP analysis in Shinjuku city, and to elucidate more effective methods of contact investigations...
- [Problems in model-beds for tuberculosis patients]Kunihiko Ito
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokoyo, Japan
Kekkaku 84:9-14. 2009..To investigate the possibility and obstacles to care tuberculosis patients in general hospitals...
- [Estimation of the future epidemiological situation of tuberculosis in Japan]Masako Ohmori
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association JATA, Tokyo
Kekkaku 83:365-77. 2008..e. pulmonary TB rate, sputum smear positive rate and its trend, to the estimated future number of TB incidence...
- Pharmacokinetics and 48-week efficacy of nevirapine: 400 mg versus 600 mg per day in HIV-tuberculosis coinfection receiving rifampicinAnchalee Avihingsanon
HIV NAT, Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
Antivir Ther 13:529-36. 2008..We aim here to determine the appropriate dose of nevirapine (NVP) in Thai HIV-tuberculosis (TB)-coinfected patients receiving rifampicin...
- Decentralized DOTS shortens delay to TB treatment significantly in CambodiaSaint Saly
National Center for Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control, Cambodia, c o JICA National TB Control Project, Cambodia, P O Box 613, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Kekkaku 81:467-74. 2006..Rural districts in Cambodia with and without decentralized health center based DOTS program...
- Cost-effectiveness of community health workers in tuberculosis control in BangladeshMd Akramul Islam
Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Bull World Health Organ 80:445-50. 2002..To compare the cost-effectiveness of the tuberculosis (TB) programme run by the Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee (BRAC), which uses community health workers (CHWs), with that of the government TB programme which does not use CHWs...
- [Today and tomorrow of International Medical Cooperation for Hansen's disease]Masanao Makino
Nihon Hansenbyo Gakkai Zasshi 71:137-41. 2002