Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Research and Development Division
- Improved practical usefulness of firefly luciferase by gene chimerization and random mutagenesisKozo Hirokawa
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman Corporation, 399 Noda, Chiba Prefecture 278 0037, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1597:271-9. 2002..cruciata luciferase. The pH-dependence of the bioluminescence emission spectra was also examined. In contrast to wild-type firefly luciferases characterized to date, the mutant did not show the pH-dependent red spectrum shift...
- Enhancement of thermostability of fungal deglycating enzymes by directed evolutionKozo Hirokawa
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman, 399 Noda, Noda City, Chiba Prefecture 278 0037, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 78:775-81. 2008..The half-life of inactivation at 50 degrees C was 3.61-fold longer than that of the parent enzyme. These engineered fructosyl peptide oxidases will be useful for industrial application to clinical diagnosis...
- An enzymatic method for the determination of hemoglobinA(1C)Kozo Hirokawa
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman Corporation, 399 Noda, 278 0037, Noda City, Chiba Pref, Japan
Biotechnol Lett 27:963-8. 2005..The linear relationship was observed between the concentration of HbA(1C) and the absorbancy of fructosyl peptide oxidase reaction, hence this new method is a practical means for measuring HbA(1C.)...
- Enzymes used for the determination of HbA1CKozo Hirokawa
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman Corporation, 399 Noda, Noda City, Chiba Pref 278 0037, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 235:157-62. 2004....
- Molecular cloning and expression of novel fructosyl peptide oxidases and their application for the measurement of glycated proteinKozo Hirokawa
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman Corporation, Noda City, Chiba Pref 278 0037, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 311:104-11. 2003....
- Distribution and properties of novel deglycating enzymes for fructosyl peptide in fungiKozo Hirokawa
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman Corporation, 399 Noda, Chiba Pref 278 0037, Noda City, Japan
Arch Microbiol 180:227-31. 2003..This enzyme could be useful for the measurement of hemoglobin A(1C), the N-terminal valine residue of the beta-subunit of which is glycated...
- Recombinant agrobacterium AgaE-like protein with fructosyl amino acid oxidase activityKozo Hirokawa
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman Corporation, 399 Noda, Noda City, Chiba 278 0037, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:2323-9. 2002..These characteristics were similar to a fructosyl amino acid oxidase from Corynebacterium sp. strain 2-4-1, suggesting that these prokaryotic enzymes comprise a new family of fructosyl amino acid oxidases...
- Molecular cloning and expression of the cDNAs encoding luciferin-regenerating enzyme from Luciola cruciata and Luciola lateralisKeiko Gomi
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman Corporation, 399 Noda, Noda shi, 278 0037, Chiba, Japan
Gene 294:157-66. 2002..G-LRE and H-LRE were successfully expressed under the control of the lac promoter in Escherichia coli...
- Crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of two eukaryotic fructosyl peptide oxidasesAtsushi Ichiyanagi
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman Corporation, 399 Noda, Noda shi, Chiba 278 0037, Japan
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 69:130-3. 2013..00, b = 230.05, c = 47.27 Å, β = 116.99°. The crystals of CFP-T7 and EFP-T5M diffracted to 1.8 and 1.6 Å resolution, respectively...
- Novel glucose dehydrogenase from Mucor prainii: Purification, characterization, molecular cloning and gene expression in Aspergillus sojaeRyoko Satake
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman Corporation, 399 Noda, Chiba 278 0037, Japan Electronic address
J Biosci Bioeng 120:498-503. 2015..The apparent kcat and Km values of recombinant enzyme for glucose were found to be 749.7 s(-1) and 28.3 mM, respectively. The results indicated that the characteristics of MpGDH were suitable for assaying blood glucose levels. ..
- Senescence marker protein-30 is a unique enzyme that hydrolyzes diisopropyl phosphorofluoridate in the liverYoshitaka Kondo
Department of Molecular Pathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, 35 2 Sakae cho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 0015, Japan
FEBS Lett 570:57-62. 2004..Consequently, a reduction of SMP30 expression might account for the age-associated deterioration of cellular functions and enhanced susceptibility to harmful stimuli in aged tissue...