Affiliation: Radiation Effects Research Foundation
- Radiation-related mortality among offspring of atomic bomb survivors: a half-century of follow-upShizue Izumi
Department of Statistics, Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Hiroshima, Japan
Int J Cancer 107:292-7. 2003..However, because of uncertainty due to the small number of deaths and relatively young ages of subjects, we cannot rule out an increase in disease mortality at this time...
- Cancer incidence in children and young adults did not increase relative to parental exposure to atomic bombsS Izumi
Department of Statistics, Radiation Effects Research Foundation, 5 2 Hijiyama Park, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 732 0815 Japan
Br J Cancer 89:1709-13. 2003..97 (95% confidence interval 0.70-1.36). Because of the small number of cases, however, we cannot exclude an increase in cancer incidence at this time...
- LTA 252G allele containing haplotype block is associated with high serum C-reactive protein levelsGen Suzuki
Department of Clinical Studies, Radiation Effects Research Foundation, 5 2 Hijiyama Park, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 732 0815, Japan
Atherosclerosis 176:91-4. 2004..93, P = 0.007) by multiple logistic regression analysis. Thus, CRP levels are influenced not only by environmental factors but also by the polymorphism of LTA or other genes in the same haplotype block...
- No evidence of radiation effect on mutation rates at hypervariable minisatellite loci in the germ cells of atomic bomb survivorsMieko Kodaira
Department of Genetics, Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Hiroshima 732 0815, Japan
Radiat Res 162:350-6. 2004..Our finding contrasts with those of some other studies in which much lower radiation doses, applied chronically, caused significantly increased mutation rates. Possible reasons for this discrepancy are discussed...
- Psychiatric sequelae in atomic bomb survivors in Hiroshima and Nagasaki two decades after the explosionsMichiko Yamada
Department of Clinical Studies, Radiation Effects Research Foundation, 5 2 Hijiyama Park, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 732 0815 Japan
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 37:409-15. 2002..The psychiatric effects of exposure to the atomic bomb explosions in Hiroshima and Nagasaki were assessed in this study...
- Associations of ionizing radiation and breast cancer-related serum hormone and growth factor levels in cancer-free female A-bomb survivorsEric J Grant
Department of Epidemiology, Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Minamiku, Hiroshima, Japan
Radiat Res 176:678-87. 2011..No associations with radiation were observed in serum levels of progesterone, prolactin, IGFBP-3 or ferritin...
- Excess concordance of cancer incidence and lifestyles in married couples (Japan): survival analysis of paired rate dataShizue Izumi
Department of Statistics RERF 5 2 Hijiyama Park Minami ku Hiroshima 732 0815 Japan izumi rerf or jp
Cancer Causes Control 15:551-8. 2004..A population-based cohort study was conducted to examine concordance of cancer incidence and lifestyle in married couples...
- Incorporation of inter-individual heterogeneity into the multistage carcinogenesis model: approach to the analysis of cancer incidence dataShizue Izumi
Department of Computer Science and Intelligent Systems, Faculty of Engineering, Oita University, 700 Dannoharu, Oita, 870 1192, Japan
Biom J 49:539-50. 2007..Therefore, the multistage carcinogenesis frailty model approach is useful for analyses of epidemiological cancer data to assess population heterogeneity and heterogeneity-influenced exposure effects...