Affiliation: R and D Center
- Selective expression of a novel surface molecule by human Th2 cells in vivoK Nagata
R and D Center, BioMedical Laboratories, Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan
J Immunol 162:1278-86. 1999..Together, these results indicate that CRTH2 is selectively expressed in vivo in an activated state of Th2 cells including allergen-responsive Th2 cells, suggesting its pivotal roles in ongoing Th2-type immune reactions...
- Prostaglandin D2 selectively induces chemotaxis in T helper type 2 cells, eosinophils, and basophils via seven-transmembrane receptor CRTH2H Hirai
R and D Center, BML, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
J Exp Med 193:255-61. 2001..In addition, CRTH2, but not DP, mediates PGD2-dependent cell migration of blood eosinophils and basophils. Thus, PGD2 is likely involved in multiple aspects of allergic inflammation through its dual receptor systems, DP and CRTH2...
- The second PGD(2) receptor CRTH2: structure, properties, and functions in leukocytesKinya Nagata
R and D Centre, Bio Medical Laboratories, Inc, 1361 1 Matoba, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 69:169-77. 2003..The data suggest that the PGD(2)/CRTH2 system play important roles in allergic inflammation through its stimulatory effects on Th2 cells, eosinophils, and basophils...
- CRTH2, an orphan receptor of T-helper-2-cells, is expressed on basophils and eosinophils and responds to mast cell-derived factor(s)K Nagata
Research and Development Center, BioMedical Laboratories, Inc, 1361 1 Matoba, Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan
FEBS Lett 459:195-9. 1999..These findings implied the involvement of CRTH2 in mast cell-mediated immune responses such as allergic reactions...
- Cutting edge: agonistic effect of indomethacin on a prostaglandin D2 receptor, CRTH2Hiroyuki Hirai
R and D Center, BML, 1361 1 Matoba, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
J Immunol 168:981-5. 2002..These results suggest the involvement of CRTH2 in mediating some of therapeutic and/or unwanted side effects of indomethacin, independently of cyclooxygenases and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors...
- Effects of prostaglandin D2 on helper T cell functionsKazuya Tanaka
Department of Advanced Medicine and Development, BML, Inc, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:1009-14. 2004..Thus, PGD(2) favors Th2 functions through CRTH2 while restraining Th1 functions via DP, which may contribute to development of Th2-dominated status in allergic inflammations...
- Gene structure and functional properties of mouse CRTH2, a prostaglandin D2 receptorHiroyuki Hirai
Department of Advanced Medicine and Development, R and D Center, BML, Inc, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:797-802. 2003..The results demonstrated here indicate that mouse CRTH2 is the functional ortholog of human CRTH2 and paves the way for future analysis of the in vivo functions of CRTH2...
- Granulysin induces cell death with nuclear accumulationYasushi Takamori
Research and Development Center, BioMedical Laboratories, Inc, Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan
J Med Dent Sci 52:1-7. 2005..These results suggest that granulysin enters the nucleus of target cells and induces apoptosis...
- Reevaluation of quantitative flow cytometric analysis for TLR2 on monocytes using F(ab')2 fragments of monoclonal antibodiesRyutaro Oba
Department of Advanced Medicine and Development, BML Inc, Saitama, Japan
Cytometry A 79:247-55. 2011....
- Granulysin in human serum as a marker of cell-mediated immunityKazuyuki Ogawa
R and D Center, BML, 1361 1 Matoba, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
Eur J Immunol 33:1925-33. 2003....
- Dendritic cells support sequential reprogramming of chemoattractant receptor profiles during naive to effector T cell differentiationChang H Kim
Laboratory of Immunology and Hematopoiesis, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology and Purdue Cancer Center, and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Program, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Immunol 171:152-8. 2003....
- Granulysin produced by uterine natural killer cells induces apoptosis of extravillous trophoblasts in spontaneous abortionAkitoshi Nakashima
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama, 930 0194, Japan
Am J Pathol 173:653-64. 2008..These data support a new apoptosis pathway for trophoblasts via uNK-derived granulysin, suggesting that granulysin is involved in spontaneous abortion...
- CRTH2 plays an essential role in the pathophysiology of Cry j 1-induced pollinosis in miceRie Nomiya
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
J Immunol 180:5680-8. 2008..These results suggest that the PGD(2)-CRTH2 interaction is elevated following sensitization and plays a proinflammatory role in the pathophysiology of allergic rhinitis, especially pollinosis in mice...
- Cyclooxygenase-2/prostaglandin D2/CRTH2 pathway mediates double-stranded RNA-induced enhancement of allergic airway inflammationYoshiki Shiraishi
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Shinanomachi Research Park, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 180:541-9. 2008....
- Prostaglandin D2 plays an essential role in chronic allergic inflammation of the skin via CRTH2 receptorTakahiro Satoh
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
J Immunol 177:2621-9. 2006..These findings indicate that the PGD(2)-CRTH2 system plays a significant role in chronic allergic skin inflammation. CRTH2 may represent a novel therapeutic target for treatment of human allergic disorders, including atopic dermatitis...
- Prostaglandin D2 induces chemotaxis in eosinophils via its receptor CRTH2 and eosinophils may cause severe ocular inflammation in patients with allergic conjunctivitisHiroshi Fujishima
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Cornea 24:S66-S70. 2005..In the present study, both eosinophil toxic activity for corneal epithelial cells and chemotaxis induced by PGD2 in normal volunteers were investigated. Expression of CRTH2 in normal subjects was also measured...
- Accumulation of CRTH2-positive T-helper 2 and T-cytotoxic 2 cells at implantation sites of human decidua in a prostaglandin D(2)-mediated mannerToshihiko Michimata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 8:181-7. 2002....
- Distributions of endometrial NK cells, B cells, T cells, and Th2/Tc2 cells fail to predict pregnancy outcome following recurrent abortionToshihiko Michimata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Am J Reprod Immunol 47:196-202. 2002..To evaluate the ability of immunophenotypes of endometrial leukocytes from patients with histories of recurrent abortion to predict outcome of subsequent pregnancy...
- Kinetics and expression patterns of chemokine receptors in human CD4+ T lymphocytes primed by myeloid or plasmacytoid dendritic cellsAnja Langenkamp
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 33:474-82. 2003..These results indicate a complex chemokine receptor regulation dependent on both T cell activation and differentiation state. In addition, they reveal the existence of DC-specific cues for the regulation of T cell migratory capacity...
- Memory and flexibility of cytokine gene expression as separable properties of human T(H)1 and T(H)2 lymphocytesMara Messi
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Via Vincenzo Vela 6, CH 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Nat Immunol 4:78-86. 2003..Thus, most human CD4+ T cells retain both memory and flexibility of cytokine gene expression...
- Genetic reprogramming of primary human T cells reveals functional plasticity in Th cell differentiationMark S Sundrud
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN 37232 2363, USA
J Immunol 171:3542-9. 2003..These findings have important implications in understanding the molecular mechanisms of human T cell differentiation and for devising novel therapeutic strategies aimed at immunomodulation of skewed effector T cell responses...
- Association of a new-type prostaglandin D2 receptor CRTH2 with circulating T helper 2 cells in patients with atopic dermatitisMasahiro Iwasaki
Department of Molecular Biology, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 119:609-16. 2002..Our results suggest the involvement of the prostaglandin D2/CRTH2 system in both normal and pathogenic T helper 2 responses...
- Exhaustive exercise induces differential changes in serum granulysin and circulating number of natural killer cellsXiumin Zhang
Department of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 210:117-24. 2006..Our results support the hypothesis that exhaustive exercise-induced changes in the circulating number of NK cells represent a redistribution of lymphocytes, rather than the change in the size of whole-body NK cell population...
- Differential expression of CCR5 and CRTH2 on infiltrated cells in colonic mucosa of patients with ulcerative colitisKoji Matsuzaki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, National Defense Medical College, 3 2 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359 8513, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:1081-8. 2003....
- Analysis of serum granulysin in patients with hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation: its usefulness as a marker of graft-versus-host reactionMasayuki Nagasawa
Department of Pediatrics and Developmental Biology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hematol 81:340-8. 2006..These results indicate that increased release of granulysin presents alloreactivity and serum granulysin is useful as a marker of GVHD in SCT...
- Toll-like receptor 2 expression level on monocytes in patients with viral infections: monitoring infection severityTakashi Kajiya
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
J Infect 57:249-59. 2008..Clinical observations of other viral infections also indicated that TLR2 levels were compatible with infection severity. TLR2 expression level on monocytes might serve as a unique biomarker useful in viral infectious diseases...
- Accumulation of CD16+ cells with secretion of Ksp37 in decidua at the end of pregnancyChikako Hayano
Comprehensive Reproductive Medicine, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Am J Reprod Immunol 48:57-62. 2002..We investigated a novel serum protein, killer-specific secretory protein of 37 kDa (Ksp37), produced by cytotoxic lymphocytes, during pregnancy...