- Gender and age effects on ventricular repolarization abnormality in Japanese general carriers of a G643S common single nucleotide polymorphism for the KCNQ1 geneTomoya Ozawa
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
Circ J 70:645-50. 2006..However, the precise incidence and its association with QT intervals remain unknown in the greater cohort of the population in Japan...
- The role of fibroblasts in complex fractionated electrograms during persistent/permanent atrial fibrillation: implications for electrogram-based catheter ablationTakashi Ashihara
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta tsukinowa cho, Otsu 520 2192, Japan
Circ Res 110:275-84. 2012..However, the mechanisms underlying CFAEs and electrogram-based ablation remain unclear...
- Dynamic change in ST-segment and spontaneous occurrence of ventricular fibrillation in Brugada syndrome with a novel nonsense mutation in the SCN5A gene during long-term follow-upMihoko Kawamura
Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
Circ J 73:584-8. 2009....
- A type 2 ryanodine receptor variant associated with reduced Ca2+ release and short-coupled torsades de pointes ventricular arrhythmiaYusuke Fujii
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Shiga, Japan
Heart Rhythm . 2016..Ventricular fibrillation may be caused by premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) whose coupling intervals are <300 ms, a characteristic of the short-coupled variant of torsades de pointes (scTdP)...
- Vortex cordis as a mechanism of postshock activation: arrhythmia induction study using a bidomain modelTakashi Ashihara
Division of Cardiology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:295-302. 2003..We hypothesized that the vortex cordis contributes to the initiation of postshock activation. To clarify this issue, we numerically studied the transmembrane potential distribution produced by various electrical shocks...
- D85N, a KCNE1 polymorphism, is a disease-causing gene variant in long QT syndromeYukiko Nishio
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:812-9. 2009..This study aims to address whether D85N, a KCNE1 polymorphism, is a gene variant that causes long QT syndrome (LQTS) phenotype...
- Lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase is associated with coronary vasospasm and vasomotor reactivity in response to acetylcholineTetsuya Matsumoto
Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta Tsukinowa, Otsu 520 2192, Japan
Circ J 75:897-904. 2011..We examined the serum L-PGDS level, coronary macro- and microvasomotor functions, and their relationship in patients with chest pain and angiographically normal coronary arteries...