Affiliation: Osaka University
- A new intraretinal recording system with multiple-barreled electrodes for pharmacological studies on cat retinal ganglion cellsM Takao
CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, and Laboratory for Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Biophysical Engineering, Osaka University Graduate School of Engineering Science, Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan
J Neurosci Methods 97:87-92. 2000..The system allowed us to keep the recordings stable for more than 1 h. Iontophoretically applied L-glutamate successfully activated RGCs of both X and Y types in the cat retina...
- Impaired behavioral suppression by light in metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 6-deficient miceM Takao
Department of Physiology and Biosignalling, Graduate School of Medicine, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Suita, 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
Neuroscience 97:779-87. 2000..This study clearly demonstrates that the dysfunction of the ON visual pathway in metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 6-deficient mice impairs their behavioral responsiveness to light and yet preserves their circadian system...
- Mammalian Cry1 and Cry2 are essential for maintenance of circadian rhythmsG T van der Horst
MGC, Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nature 398:627-30. 1999..This suggests that, in addition to a possible photoreceptor and antagonistic clock-adjusting function, both proteins are essential for the maintenance of circadian rhythmicity...
- Melanopsin-containing retinal ganglion cells: architecture, projections, and intrinsic photosensitivityS Hattar
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205 2185, USA
Science 295:1065-70. 2002..Hence, melanopsin is most likely the visual pigment of phototransducing RGCs that set the circadian clock and initiate other non-image-forming visual functions...
- Diminished pupillary light reflex at high irradiances in melanopsin-knockout miceR J Lucas
Department of Integrative and Molecular Neuroscience, Division of Neuroscience and Psychological Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Charing Cross Campus, St Dunstans Road, London W6 8RF, UK
Science 299:245-7. 2003....
- Disorders of acetabular labrum and articular cartilage in hip dysplasia: evaluation using isotropic high-resolutional CT arthrography with sequential radial reformationT Nishii
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka University Medical School E3, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:251-7. 2007....
- [A rational approach of limited resection for small peripheral lung adenocarcinoma with curative intent; analyses of multiple primary adenocarcinomas]M Takao
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Japan
Kyobu Geka 57:9-13. 2004..In conclusion, a paradigm shift of the treatment for small peripheral adenocarcinoma should be warrant, because localized BAC as noninvasive cancer is not rare and often found as multiple BACs...
- Astroglial swelling in the neuronal depolarization ensembleM Tomita
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 86:219-22. 2003..Astroglial swelling may occur in an ensemble acting during neuronal depolarization, suggesting that neurons and astroglia behave like a unit complex...
- Morning-evening type and stress-related personality in Japanese college studentsM Takao
Department of Human and Information Science, Tokai University School of Information Science and Technology, 1117 Kitakaname, Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 259 1292, Japan
Percept Mot Skills 104:687-90. 2007..The present study of 503 Japanese college students yielded a significant and weakly negative correlation. The bases for the different results were discussed in a psychophysiological context...