Affiliation: Osaka University
- 150-kDa oxygen-regulated protein (ORP150) suppresses hypoxia-induced apoptotic cell deathK Ozawa
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Medical School, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita City 565, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:6397-404. 1999....
- 150-kDa oxygen-regulated protein (ORP150) functions as a novel molecular chaperone in MDCK cellsY Bando
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita City, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 278:C1172-82. 2000..These data indicate that ORP150 may function as a unique molecular chaperone in renal epithelial cells by facilitating protein transport/maturation in an environment where less ATP is accessible...
- ORP150 protects against hypoxia/ischemia-induced neuronal deathM Tamatani
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Nat Med 7:317-23. 2001..These data indicate that ORP150 is an integral participant in ischemic cytoprotective pathways...
- Coordinate expression of alpha-tropomyosin and caldesmon isoforms in association with phenotypic modulation of smooth muscle cellsK Kashiwada
Department of Neurochemistry and Neuropharmacology, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Medical School, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:15396-404. 1997..These results suggest a common splicing mechanism for phenotype-dependent expression of tropomyosin and caldesmon isoforms in both visceral and vascular smooth muscle cells...
- Contact dermatitis due to pirfenoxoneS Inui
Department of Dermatology, Unit of Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2, C 5, Yamadaoka, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Contact Dermatitis 50:375-6. 2004
- Stimulation of GATA-2 as a mechanism of hydrogen peroxide suppression in hypoxia-induced erythropoietin gene expressionM Tabata
Department of Hematology, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachi-machi, Tochigi, Japan
J Cell Physiol 186:260-7. 2001..From these results, we conclude that H2O2 increases the binding activity of GATA-2 in a specific manner, thereby suppressing the activity of the Epo promoter and thus inhibiting Epo gene expression...
- Antitumor effect of reduction of 150-kDa oxygen-regulated protein expression in human prostate cancer cellsT Miyagi
Department of Urology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Mol Urol 5:79-80. 2001..We have examined whether transduced antisense ORP150 cDNA reduces tumorigenicity and angiogenicity. Relations between these stress proteins and cancer and possibilities for anticancer gene therapy are described...
- Baseball pitcher's friction dermatitisS Inui
Department of Dermatology, Course of Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 C 5 Yamadaoka, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Contact Dermatitis 47:176-7. 2002
- Expression of the endoplasmic reticulum molecular chaperone (ORP150) rescues hippocampal neurons from glutamate toxicityY Kitao
Department of Neuroanatomy, Kanazawa University Medical School, Kanazawa City, Ishikawa, Japan
J Clin Invest 108:1439-50. 2001..Our data underscore a possible role for ER stress in glutamate toxicity and pinpoint a key ER chaperone, ORP150, which contributes to the stress response critical for neuronal survival...
- Purification and characterization of homo- and hetero-dimeric acetate kinases from the sulfate-reducing bacterium Desulfovibrio vulgarisL Yu
Department of Biochemistry, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta, Ohtsu, Shiga 520-2192, Japan
J Biochem 129:411-21. 2001..These results suggest that two forms of acetate kinase are produced to finely regulate the enzyme function by post-translational modifications of a primary gene product in Desulfovibrio vulgaris...
- Enhanced Abeta40 deposition was associated with increased Abeta42-43 in cerebral vasculature with Dutch-type hereditary cerebral hemorrhage with amyloidosis (HCHWA-D)K Ozawa
Department of Neuroscience, Institute of Gerontology, Osaka City University, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abenoku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 977:149-54. 2002..Taken together, amyloid angiopathy in HCHWA-D may share an Abeta(42)-driven deposition mechanism with plaque amyloid, resulting in enhanced Abeta(40) deposition...
- A simple, rapid, and highly efficient gene expression system for multiheme cytochromes cK Ozawa
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Yokohama National University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:185-9. 2001..coli. Surprisingly, S. oneidensis was transformed directly by pUC-type vectors through electroporation. The yields of the recombinant proteins in this expression system were much higher than the previously reported ones...
- Antitumor effect of beta2-microglobulin in leukemic cell-bearing mice via apoptosis-inducing activity: activation of caspase-3 and nuclear factor-kappaBM Mori
Department of Hematology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329-04, Japan
Cancer Res 61:4414-7. 2001..We conclude that beta2m stimulates caspase-3 and NF-kappaB pathways to induce apoptosis, making it a useful approach to a new therapy for leukemia...
- Glutathione S-transferase Pi is a dopamine-inducible suppressor of dopamine-induced apoptosis in PC12 cellsA Ishisaki
Gene Discovery Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Neurochem 77:1362-71. 2001..These results indicate that GSTp is a dopamine-inducible suppressor of dopamine-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells, and suggest that this activity is exerted through inhibition of JNK activity...
- Morphological and physiological restorations of hereditary form of dilated cardiomyopathy by somatic gene therapyT Kawada
Pharmacy Division, Niigata University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:431-5. 2001..These results provide the first evidence that supplementation of a specific gene with efficient and sustained transfection capability restores the genetic, morphological, and functional deteriorations...
- Recombinant adeno-associated virus vector-transduced vascular endothelial cells express the thrombomodulin transgene under the regulation of enhanced plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 promoterJ Mimuro
Division of Cell and Molecular Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi-Ken Japan
Gene Ther 8:1690-7. 2001..Transduction of endothelial cells by rAAV vectors to express enhanced PAI-1 promoter-driven transgenes may be a useful gene therapy approach for vascular diseases...
- Characterization of stage progression in chronic myeloid leukemia by DNA microarray with purified hematopoietic stem cellsK Ohmine
Division of Functional Genomics, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi gun, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Oncogene 20:8249-57. 2001..These data suggest that microarray analysis with background-matched samples is an efficient approach to identify molecular events underlying the stage progression in CML...
- Functions and ATP-binding responses of the twelve histidine residues in the TF1-ATPase beta subunitK Tozawa
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Yokohama National University, Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama 240-8501, Japan
J Biochem 130:527-33. 2001..1999) Biophys. J. 77, 2175-2183]. This conformational change should be one of the essential driving forces in the rotation of the alpha3beta3gamma complex...
- Fanconi anemia protein, FANCA, associates with BRG1, a component of the human SWI/SNF complexT Otsuki
Department of Hematology, Jichi Medical School, Yakushiji 3311 1, Minamikawachi, Kawachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 10:2651-60. 2001....
- Targeted integration of foreign DNA into a defined locus on chromosome 19 in K562 cells using AAV-derived componentsK Kogure
Division of Genetic Therapeutics, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Minami-kawachi, Tochigi, Japan
Int J Hematol 73:469-75. 2001..These results suggest that site-specific integration of foreign DNA can be achieved at a significantly high rate in human hematopoietic cells using the AAV components...
- Downregulation of Bim, a proapoptotic relative of Bcl-2, is a pivotal step in cytokine-initiated survival signaling in murine hematopoietic progenitorsT Shinjyo
Departments of Molecular Biology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329-0498, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 21:854-64. 2001..We conclude that Bim is a pivotal molecule in cytokine regulation of hematopoietic cell survival...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of G-CSF induced gene cDNAM Shimane
Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 199:26-32. 1994..One of these clones, GIG-1 (G-CSF-induced gene-1), was further characterized. The size of the GIG-1 mRNA was about 0.9kb. The GIG-1 mRNA was expressed mainly in the myeloid leukemic cell lines...
- Production of human granulocyte colony stimulating factor by various kinds of stromal cells in vitro detected by enzyme immunoassay and in situ hybridizationK Watari
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Stem Cells 12:416-23. 1994..Although further characterization of positive cells is needed, the results suggest that bone marrow stromal cells are heterogeneous in terms of their capacity for G-CSF production...
- Tec protein-tyrosine kinase is an effector molecule of Lyn protein-tyrosine kinaseH Mano
Department of Molecular Biology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi ken, Japan
FASEB J 10:637-42. 1996..From this evidence we conclude that Tec acts downstream of Lyn in intracellular signaling pathways. This is a novel case where one PTK is phosphorylated and regulated by another...
- Cloning and characterization of mouse tec promoterH Honda
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute of Hematology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi ken, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 223:422-6. 1996..The promoter activity of the 5' flanking region was confirmed by using the luciferase assay. The present analysis will provide insights into the mechanism for the expression and regulation of the Tec molecule...
- SOCS-1/JAB/SSI-1 can bind to and suppress Tec protein-tyrosine kinaseK i Ohya
Division of Cardiology, Jichi Medical School, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Kawachi gun, Tochigi 329 04, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:27178-82. 1997..Interestingly, TIP3 can also down-regulate the activity of Jak2 but not that of Lyn. We propose that SOCS-1/JAB/SSI-1/TIP3 is a novel type of negative regulator to a subset of protein-tyrosine kinases...
- Tec and Jak2 kinases cooperate to mediate cytokine-driven activation of c-fos transcriptionY Yamashita
Department of Molecular Biology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Blood 91:1496-507. 1998..Thus, Tec and Jak2 can "cross-talk" in a complexed way to mediate cytokine-driven c-fos activation...
- Expression of the 150-kd oxygen-regulated protein in human breast cancerY Tsukamoto
Department of Pathology, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita City, Japan
Lab Invest 78:699-706. 1998..Furthermore, pancreatic and thyroid carcinomas also displayed greater ORP150 expression. These results suggest that ORP150 is up-regulated in tumors and, in breast tumors, may be associated with tumor invasiveness...
- Grb10/GrbIR as an in vivo substrate of Tec tyrosine kinaseH Mano
Department of Molecular Biology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Genes Cells 3:431-41. 1998..To gain insights into the downstream pathways of Tec, we here looked for Tec-interacting proteins (TIPs) by using the yeast two-hybrid screening...
- An alternatively spliced fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-5 mRNA is abundant in brain and translates into a partial agonist/antagonist for FGF-5 neurotrophic activityK Ozawa
Biosignaling Department, National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:29262-71. 1998..These results suggest that FGF-5S is a naturally expressed partial agonist/antagonist of FGF-5 neurotrophic activity in the brain and that its effects are exerted in part at the level of the receptor...
- Beta(2)-microglobulin identified as an apoptosis-inducing factor and its characterizationM Mori
Department of Hematology and the Division of Molecular Hematopoiesis, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Blood 94:2744-53. 1999..We demonstrated that beta(2)m plays a previously unrecognized and important role in regulating the elimination of tumor cells, which occurs as a result of the action of beta(2)m as an apoptosis-inducing factor...
- SLUG, a ces-1-related zinc finger transcription factor gene with antiapoptotic activity, is a downstream target of the E2A-HLF oncoproteinT Inukai
Department of Experimental Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell 4:343-52. 1999....
- Molecular cloning of a docking protein, BRDG1, that acts downstream of the Tec tyrosine kinaseK Ohya
Department of Molecular Biology, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi gun, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:11976-81. 1999..BRDG1 thus appears to function as a docking protein acting downstream of Tec in BCR signaling...
- SNX5, a new member of the sorting nexin family, binds to the Fanconi anemia complementation group A proteinT Otsuki
Department of Hematology, Jichi Medical School, Yakushiji 3311 1, Minamikawachi, Kawachi, Tochigi, 329 0498, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 265:630-5. 1999..Further studies are needed to elucidate the functional significance of FANCA and SNX5 binding; however, we speculate that FANCA may affect SNX5 traffic with cell surface receptors...
- Mediation by the protein-tyrosine kinase Tec of signaling between the B cell antigen receptor and Dok-1K Yoshida
Division of Functional Genomics, Departments of Hematology and Cardiology, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi gun, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:24945-52. 2000..Furthermore, overexpression of Dok-1 inhibited activation of the c-fos promoter induced by stimulation of the BCR. These results suggest that Tec is an important mediator of signaling from the BCR to Dok-1...
- Transcriptional regulation of the c-jun gene by retinoic acid and E1A during differentiation of F9 cellsI Kitabayashi
Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
EMBO J 11:167-75. 1992..The downstream four motifs are located at 35 or 36 bp intervals in the same orientation. Substitution and insertion analysis indicates that these motifs and their regular intervals are important for the activity of the RERE...