Affiliation: Okayama University
- Effects of 7-nitroindazole and N-nitro-l-arginine methyl ester on changes in cerebral blood flow and nitric oxide production preceding development of hyperbaric oxygen-induced seizures in ratsShingo Hagioka
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitology, Okayama University Medical School, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Neurosci Lett 382:206-10. 2005..These findings suggest that neuronal NOS is the main mediator of NO production associated with increase in CBF leading to the appearance of electrical discharge during HBO(2) exposure...
- Measurement of GABA and glutamate in vivo levels with high sensitivity and frequencyShan Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitology, Okayama University Medical School, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama City, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 14:61-6. 2005....
- Nasopharyngeal cooling selectively and rapidly decreases brain temperature and attenuates neuronal damage, even if initiated at the onset of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in ratsShingo Hagioka
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitology, Okayama Medical School, Japan
Crit Care Med 31:2502-8. 2003..To determine the effectiveness of nasopharyngeal cooling for selective brain cooling and neuroprotection from ischemia...
- The close relationship between decreases in extracellular GABA concentrations and increases in the incidence of hyperbaric oxygen-induced electrical dischargeShan Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitology, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 58:91-5. 2004..These results suggest a possible mechanism that HBO2 exposure-induced discharge is caused by the decrease in extracellular concentration of GABA...
- Quantitative evaluation of the neuroprotective effects of hypothermia ranging from 34 degrees C to 31 degrees C on brain ischemia in gerbils and determination of the mechanism of neuroprotectionYoshimasa Takeda
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama City, Japan
Crit Care Med 31:255-60. 2003....