Affiliation: Nippon Shinyaku Co
- Irsogladine maleate suppresses indomethacin-induced elevation of proinflammatory cytokines and gastric injury in ratsXin Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Discovery Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, Kyoto 601 8550, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 14:4784-90. 2008..To investigate the mucosal protective effect and the mechanisms of action of the anti-ulcer drug irsogladine maleate in gastric injury induced by indomethacin in rats...
- Phosphodiesterase type IV inhibitors prevent ischemia-reperfusion-induced gastric injury in ratsTakashi Kyoi
Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, Kisshoin, Minami, Kyoto 601 8550, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 95:321-8. 2004..Our experiments suggest that drugs that inhibit PDE4 isoenzyme, such as the anti-ulcer drug irsogladine, may be a useful adjunct therapy for the treatment of the gastric damage that follows ischemia-reperfusion...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel phthalazinone derivatives as topically active phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitorsKohei Kagayama
Discovery Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, 14 Nishinosho Monguchi cho, Kisshoin, Minami Ku, Kyoto 601 8550, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 17:6959-70. 2009..The most potent of these, when topically administered, were effective in a mouse model of dermatitis...
- Pharmacological profile of the novel anti-inflammatory corticosteroid NS-126, a therapeutic agent for allergic rhinitisNaoki Inoue
Discovery Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 112:73-82. 2010..NS-126 is a long-acting intranasal corticosteroid and a promising therapeutic agent for allergic rhinitis...
- Mast cells can mediate vascular permeability through regulation of the PI3K-HIF-1alpha-VEGF axisKyung Sun Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School, San 2 20, Geumam dong, Deokjin gu, Jeonju, 561 180, South Korea
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:787-97. 2008..However, the effects of mast cells on VEGF-mediated signaling in allergic airway disease are not clearly understood...
- Simvastatin inhibits IL-17 secretion by targeting multiple IL-17-regulatory cytokines and by inhibiting the expression of IL-17 transcription factor RORC in CD4+ lymphocytesXin Zhang
Department of Neurology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Immunol 180:6988-96. 2008..Based on the described immunomodulatory mechanisms, good safety profile and oral bioavailability, statins represent a promising therapeutic approach for multiple sclerosis and other chronic inflammatory diseases...
- Mast cells play a key role in the development of late airway hyperresponsiveness through TNF-alpha in a murine model of asthmaYoung Suk Kim
Department of Immunology, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Chonju, Republic of Korea
Eur J Immunol 37:1107-15. 2007..These data indicate that mast cells play a key role in the development of late AHR through liberation of TNF-alpha...
- Understanding metastatic SCCHN cells from unique genotypes to phenotypes with the aid of an animal model and DNA microarray analysisXin Zhang
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University, 1365 Clifton Rd, NE, Building C, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 23:209-22. 2006....
- Inhibition of anaphylaxis-like reaction and mast cell activation by water extract from the fruiting body of Phellinus linteusYun Ho Choi
Department of Anatomy, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonbuk, Republic of Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 29:1360-5. 2006..Furthermore, WEPL increased the level of intracellular cAMP and significantly inhibited the compound 48/80-induced cAMP reduction in RPMC. These results suggest that WEPL may serve as an effective therapeutic agent for allergic diseases...
- The nonspecific anti-inflammatory therapy with methotrexate for patients with chronic heart failureKaizheng Gong
Department of Cardiology, The First People s Hospital of Yangzhou, Yangzhou, China
Am Heart J 151:62-8. 2006..However, no studies have assessed the effects of MTX on plasma levels of inflammatory mediators in patients with CHF...
- Treatment of experimental hepatic fibrosis by combinational delivery of urokinase-type plasminogen activator and hepatocyte growth factor genesYong Lin
Department of Gastroenterology, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Liver Int 25:796-807. 2005..To investigate the effect of combinational delivery of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) genes on hepatic fibrosis...
- BAFF supports human B cell differentiation in the lymphoid follicles through distinct receptorsXin Zhang
Department of Cellular Immunology, Ochsner Clinic Foundation, 1516 Jefferson Highway, New Orleans, LA, USA
Int Immunol 17:779-88. 2005..In conclusion, BAFF in the GC plays an important role through more than one receptor, and the three known receptors are differentially modulated as GC-B cells differentiate to PCs...
- Administration of procyanidins from grape seeds reduces serum uric acid levels and decreases hepatic xanthine dehydrogenase/oxidase activities in oxonate-treated miceYing Wang
Institute of Functional Biomolecule, State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 94:232-7. 2004..These results demonstrated for the first time that the procyanidins from grape seeds possess in vivo urate-lowering activities. The potential application of these natural compounds in the treatment of hyperuricaemia is discussed...
- A lymph node metastatic mouse model reveals alterations of metastasis-related gene expression in metastatic human oral carcinoma sublines selected from a poorly metastatic parental cell lineXin Zhang
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 95:1663-72. 2002..Changes in gene expression that regulate metastasis of SCC to lymph nodes have not been identified...
- Identification of gene expression profile of dorsal root ganglion in the rat peripheral axotomy model of neuropathic painHua Sheng Xiao
Laboratory of Sensory System, Institute of Neuroscience, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8360-5. 2002..Our findings therefore reveal dynamic and complex changes in molecular diversity among DRG neurons after axotomy. Sequences reported in this paper have been deposited in the GenBank database (accession numbers BG 662484-BG 673712)..