Affiliation: Nippon Steel Yawata Memorial Hospital
- Incidence and significance of early aneurysmal rebleeding before neurosurgical or neurological managementH Ohkuma
Department of Neurosurgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Stroke 32:1176-80. 2001..The aim of this study was to clarify the incidence of prehospitalization rebleeding, its impact on the clinical course and prognosis in patients with aneurysmal SAH, and the possible factors inducing it...
- Intraarterial injection of colforsin daropate hydrochloride for the treatment of vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: preliminary report of two casesS Suzuki
Department of Neurological Surgery, Shin Koga Hospital, Kurume, 830 8577, Japan
Neuroradiology 48:50-3. 2006..We suggest that colforsin daropate HCl might be a useful therapeutic tool in treating cerebral vasospasm...
- Intra-arterial colforsin daropate for the treatment of cerebral vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageSatoshi Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Nippon Steel Yawata Memorial Hospital, Yahatahigashi ku, Kitakyushu, Japan
Neuroradiology 52:837-45. 2010..Cerebral vasospasm (CV) remains a major cause of mortality and morbidity in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH). Here, we examined the effectiveness and safety of intra-arterial injection of colforsin daropate hydrochloride (CDH)...
- Intraarterial colforsin may improve the outcome of patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a retrospective studySatoshi Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Steel Memorial Yawata Hospital, Kitakyushu, Japan
World Neurosurg 78:295-9. 2012..Colforsin daropate hydrochloride (CDH) has also recently been reported to be useful for reversal of cerebral vasospasm (CV). In this study, we compared the impacts of intraarterial PPV and CDH on the outcomes of SAH patients...
- Cilostazol improves outcome after subarachnoid hemorrhage: a preliminary reportSatoshi Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Nippon Steel Yawata Memorial Hospital, Kitakyushu, Japan
Cerebrovasc Dis 32:89-93. 2011..This study is designed to evaluate the possible efficacy of using cilostazol, a selective inhibitor of phosphodiesterase type 3 and a cAMP-elevating agent, in patients with SAH...
- Factors influencing local tumor control after Gamma Knife radiosurgery for intracranial metastases from breast cancerSatoshi Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Fukuoka Kieikai Hospital, 5 11 5 Chihaya, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 813 0044, Japan Gamma Knife Center, Shin Koga Hospital, Kurume, Japan Gamma House, Steel Memorial Yawata Hospital, Kitakyushu, Japan Electronic address
J Clin Neurosci 33:154-158. 2016..2cm3 are good candidates for GKRS. GK model C and Perfexion achieve better local tumor control than does GK model B. The recommended dosage is ⩾18Gy...
- Coil embolization of a ruptured aneurysm arising from a middle cerebral artery fenestration--case reportShinya Yamaguchi
Department of Neurosurgery, Shi Koga Hospital, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:213-6. 2010..Ruptured aneurysms associated with middle cerebral artery fenestration are very rare, but may occasionally have complex structures that complicate lesion treatment, so coil embolization should be considered in some cases...
- Changes of beta-actin mRNA expression in canine vasospastic basilar artery after experimental subarachnoid hemorrhageH Ohkuma
Department of Neurosurgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, 036 8216, Hirosaki, Japan
Neurosci Lett 311:9-12. 2001..The results suggest that vascular remodeling occurs and takes part in the luminal narrowing during cerebral vasospasm...
- Dissecting aneurysms of the middle cerebral artery: neuroradiological and clinical featuresH Ohkuma
Department of Neurosurgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, 036 8562, Hirosaki, Japan
Neuroradiology 45:143-8. 2003..A double lumen or intimal flap was seen in about half the cases. Rebleeding occurred within 14 days of the onset in five of the nine patients, with a poor prognosis...
- Impact of cerebral microcirculatory changes on cerebral blood flow during cerebral vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageH Ohkuma
Department of Neurosurgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Stroke 31:1621-7. 2000....
- Endovascular surgery using stents for vertebral artery dissecting aneurysms and a review of the literatureS Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 51:193-8. 2008..Endovascular surgery using stents may be a useful treatment in patients in poor condition who manifest dissecting VA aneurysms involving the PICA or hypoplasia of the contralateral VA, especially in the acute period after rupture...
- Stroke due to a fusiform aneurysm of the cervical vertebral artery: case reportS Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyushu University Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Neuroradiology 40:19-22. 1998..Hyperextension and left lateral flexion of the neck caused kinking of the VA proximal to the aneurysm. Turbulent flow in the aneurysm lumen was noted on angiography...
- Direct-puncture approach to the extraconal portion of the superior ophthalmic vein for carotid cavernous fistulaeA Kurata
Department of Neurosurgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Neuroradiology 51:755-9. 2009..In this paper, we present and discuss our original direct-puncture approach to the extraconal portion of the SOV...
- Clinical manifestation and treatment strategy for non hemorrhagic cerebral arterial dissectionA Nishino
Stroke Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Sendai Medical Center, Sendai, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 103:57-60. 2008....
- Role of 123I-IMP SPET in the early diagnosis of borderline chronic hydrocephalus after aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhageH Ohkuma
Department of Neurosurgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med 27:559-65. 2000....
- Coil embolisation for ruptured vertebral artery dissection distal to the origin of the posterior inferior cerebellar arteryH Manabe
Department of Neurosurgery, Kuroishi City Hospital, Japan
Neuroradiology 42:384-7. 2000..Occlusion of the rupture site, preserving perforating arteries arising from the vertebral artery, would be ideal. Short-segment occlusion by retrievable platinum coils is close to the ideal...
- Clinical manifestations, character of aneurysms, and surgical results for unruptured cerebral aneurysms presenting with ophthalmic symptomsA Nishino
Department of Neurosurgery, Stroke Center, Sendai National Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 82:47-9. 2002..Cases with unruptured cerebral aneurysms presenting with visual symptoms were investigated about their site, size, symptom, operative methods and results...
- A case of non-traumatic subgaleal hematoma effectively treated with endovascular surgeryK Koizumi
Department of Neurosurgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Interv Neuroradiol 16:317-21. 2010..The patient was successfully treated by embolization of the superficial temporal artery. This therapeutic approach to refractory non-traumatic subgaleal hematoma is discussed...
- Patient skin dose during neuroembolization by multiple-point measurement using a radiosensitive indicatorS Suzuki
Department of Radiology, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1076-81. 2008..The purpose of this research was to evaluate the patient's entrance skin dose (ESD) during neuroembolizations in 6 institutions...
- Transvenous treatment of spontaneous dural carotid-cavernous fistulas using a combination of detachable coils and OnyxS Suzuki
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, Department of Radiological Sciences, UCLA School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 LeConte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1346-9. 2006..This report suggests that the controlled and excellent penetration of Onyx is superb for blocking the intricate communication of dural carotid-cavernous fistulas...
- Effects of a water-soluble forskolin derivative (NKH477) and a membrane-permeable cyclic AMP analogue on noradrenaline-induced Ca2+ mobilization in smooth muscle of rabbit mesenteric arteryS Ito
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 110:1117-25. 1993..8. We conclude that, in smooth muscle of the rabbit mesenteric artery, agents that increase cyclic AMP inhibit the NA-induced increase in [Ca2+] through an activation of Ca2+ uptake into the cellular storage sites...