Affiliation: National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Development and Application of a High-Resolution Imaging Mass Spectrometer for the Study of Plant TissuesKatsutoshi Takahashi
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, 305 8568 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 56:1329-38. 2015..The effects of MALDI matrices on the ionization of small metabolites during imaging MS acquisition are discussed. ..
- DNAinsight: a web based image processing system for large scale RLGS analysisK Takahashi
Computational Biology Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Aomi 2 41 6, Koutou ku, Tokyo 135 0064, Japan
Genome Inform 12:212-21. 2001..The web based RLGS image processing system "DNAinsight" can be accessed via URL http://www.methylome.jp/DNAinsight/...
- Clustering and averaging of images in single-particle analysisK Asai
Bioinformatics Group, Electrotechnical Laboratories, 1 1 4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Japan
Genome Inform Ser Workshop Genome Inform 11:151-60. 2000..In this paper, we focus on the algorithms for the robust image-processing of the electron microscopic images in our system...
- Fluctuations in carotid arterial distensibility during the menstrual cycle do not influence cardiovagal baroreflex sensitivityK Hayashi
Institute for Human Science and Biomedical Engineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 186:103-10. 2006..This study was designed to test the hypothesis that fluctuations in cardiovagal baroreflex sensitivity (BRS) throughout the menstrual cycles of young women are due to fluctuations in carotid arterial distensibility...
- Effect of aging on carotid artery stiffness and baroreflex sensitivity during head-out water immersion in manL M Ueno
Instituto do Coracao, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 38:629-37. 2005..05 for basal vs r = 0.62, P < 0.05 for water). Our data suggest that age-related vagal dysfunction and reduced CC may be associated with SBRS differences between YG and OL groups, and with BP elevation during HOWI in healthy older men...
- Serum bFGF levels are reduced in Japanese overweight men and restored by a 6-month exercise educationA Seida
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Shikata cho, Okayama, Japan
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:1325-31. 2003....
- Non-invasive assessment of cardiac output during exercise in healthy young humans: comparison between Modelflow method and Doppler echocardiography methodJ Sugawara
Institute for Human Science and Biomedical Engineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Acta Physiol Scand 179:361-6. 2003..We tested the reliability of a non-invasive cardiac output estimation during submaximal exercise using the Modelflow method from finger arterial pressure waveforms collected by Portapres in healthy young humans...
- Changes in serum leptin concentrations in overweight Japanese men after exerciseN Miyatake
Okayama Southern Institute of Health, Okayama, Japan
Diabetes Obes Metab 6:332-7. 2004..To investigate the link between serum leptin concentrations and exercise...
- Obesity is associated with increased risk of allergy in Vietnamese adolescentsA V Irei
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Faculty of Human Life and Environment, Nara Women s University, Nara City, Japan
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:571-7. 2005..Results of studies on obesity and allergic diseases are controversial, and most of them are related to asthma and asthma-like symptoms...
- Effect of nCPAP therapy on heart rate in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoeaK Sumi
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Kyoto University Hospital of Medicine, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, 606 8507 Kyoto, Japan
QJM 99:545-53. 2006..Elevated heart rate (HR) is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. The effects of obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea syndrome (OSAHS) on HR are controversial...
- Characteristics of estrogen decomposition by ozonationT Hashimoto
R and D Dept, Japan Sewage Works Agency, 5141 Shimo sasame, Toda, Japan 335 0037
Water Sci Technol 54:87-93. 2006..The authors conclude that estrogen in secondary treated wastewater can be almost entirely removed at the practical ozone dose rate applied for the purpose of disinfection, which is up to about 5 mg/l...
- Antiproteinuric effect of the calcium channel blocker cilnidipine added to renin-angiotensin inhibition in hypertensive patients with chronic renal diseaseT Fujita
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Kidney Int 72:1543-9. 2007..This study suggests that cilnidipine is superior to amlodipine in preventing the progression of proteinuria in hypertensive patients when coupled with a renin-angiotensin system inhibitor...
- Telmisartan to prevent recurrent stroke and cardiovascular eventsSalim Yusuf
Population Health Research Institute, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 359:1225-37. 2008..We evaluated the effects of therapy with an angiotensin-receptor blocker, telmisartan, initiated early after a stroke...
- Estrogen and raloxifene induce apoptosis by activating p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade in synthetic vascular smooth muscle cellsA Mori-Abe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yamagata University, School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iidanishi, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
J Endocrinol 178:417-26. 2003..Our findings suggest that both E(2)- and raloxifene-induced inhibition of VSMC growth is due to induction of apoptosis through a p38 cascade whose activation is mediated by ERalpha via a nongenomic mechanism...
- Both estrogen and raloxifene cause G1 arrest of vascular smooth muscle cellsK Takahashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iidanishi, Yamagata, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
J Endocrinol 178:319-29. 2003....
- Increased gene expression of adrenomedullin and adrenomedullin-receptor complexes, receptor-activity modifying protein (RAMP)2 and calcitonin-receptor-like receptor (CRLR) in the hearts of rats with congestive heart failureK Totsune
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8574, Japan
Clin Sci (Lond) 99:541-6. 2000..On the other hand, expression levels of RAMP2, CRLR and adrenomedullin mRNAs were not significantly changed in the kidney. These findings suggest potential roles of locally-produced and locally-acting adrenomedullin in the failing heart...
- Urocortin and corticotropin-releasing factor receptor expression in normal cycling human ovariesY Muramatsu
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1362-9. 2001..These results suggest that urocortin is locally synthesized in steroidogenic luteal cells and acts on them as an autocrine and/or paracrine regulator of ovarian steroidogenesis, especially during luteal regression...
- Effects of aging on cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rabbitsM Nakajima
Department of Neurological Surgery, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Stroke 32:620-8. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: This study suggests that aging increases the degree of vasospasm in rabbits. The impaired reactivity to papaverine with aging might imply the early transition of the aged vessel to the papaverine-resistant chronic stage...
- Changes in human regional cerebral blood flow and cerebral blood volume during visual stimulation measured by positron emission tomographyH Ito
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Akita Research Institute of Brain and Blood Vessels, Akita, Japan
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 21:608-12. 2001..This observation is consistent with reported findings obtained during hypercapnia...
- Control strategy for rotary blood pumpsK Ohuchi
Department of Artificial Organs, Institute of Biomaterials and Bioengineering, Kawasaki Medical College, Kurashiki, Japan
Artif Organs 25:366-70. 2001..The motor current also showed a good correlation with the ventricular pressure in acute animal experiments...
- Influence of midluteal serum prolactin on outcome of pregnancy after IVF-ET: a preliminary studyT Ozaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shimane Medical University, 89-1, Enya-cho, Izumo 693-8501, Japan
J Assist Reprod Genet 18:387-90. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Findings of this study suggest that measurement of the serum prolactin concentration in the midluteal phase is useful for predicting the outcome of IVF-ET...
- Blood pressure, serum cholesterol concentration and their related factors in urban and rural elderly of Ho Chi Minh CityT M Tran
Department of Nutrition, School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 47:147-55. 2001..The high prevalence of elevated TC in the urban area might to be related to the high lipid intake, and the high prevalence of low TC in the rural area might to be related to the low lipid intake...
- Induction of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase phosphorylation by the raloxifene analog LY117018 is differentially mediated by Akt and extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase in vascular endothelial cellsK Hisamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Medical School, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:47642-9. 2001..Our findings suggest that raloxifene-induced eNOS phosphorylation is mediated by estrogen receptor alpha via a nongenomic mechanism and is differentially mediated by Akt- and ERK-dependent cascades...
- Estimation of left ventricular recovery level based on the motor current waveform analysis on circulatory support with centrifugal blood pumpK Takahashi
Department of Applied Electronic Engineering, Tokyo Denki University, Tokyo, Japan
Artif Organs 25:713-8. 2001....
- Relationship between reduced serum IGF-I levels and accumulation of visceral fat in Japanese menM Kunitomi
Department of Medicine III, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:361-9. 2002..To investigate whether the changes in IGF-I concentrations after weight reduction in Japanese overweight men are associated with changes in visceral and subcutaneous fat...
- Pioglitazone reduces smooth muscle cell density of rat carotid arterial intima induced by balloon catheterizationM Igarashi
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 29:444-9. 1997..Therefore, pioglitazone has an inhibitory effect on the growth of SMCs, and consequently suppressed carotid intimal thickening. Furthermore, this inhibitory effect was enhanced in diabetes...