Affiliation: National Institute of Radiological Sciences
- Phase 1 trial of preoperative, short-course carbon-ion radiotherapy for patients with resectable pancreatic cancerMakoto Shinoto
Hospital of Research Center for Charged Particle Therapy, National Institute of Radiological Sciences Chiba, Japan
Cancer 119:45-51. 2013....
- Clinical results of definitive chemoradiotherapy for patients with synchronous head and neck squamous cell carcinoma and esophageal cancerMakoto Shinoto
Department of Radiology, National Kyushu Cancer Center, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Clin Oncol 34:362-6. 2011..To assess the efficacy and toxicity of radical chemoradiotherapy for patients with synchronous head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) and esophageal cancer (EC)...
- Clinical characteristics and outcome of pneumothorax after stereotactic body radiotherapy for lung tumorsKaori Asai
Department of Clinical Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 20:1117-21. 2015..We retrospectively investigated the clinical characteristics and outcome of pneumothorax after stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for lung tumors...
- Postoperative radiotherapy in patients with salivary duct carcinoma: clinical outcomes and prognostic factorsMakoto Shinoto
Department of Clinical Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
J Radiat Res 54:925-30. 2013..It might be advisable to have the CTV include the cranial nerves involved and the corresponding parts of the skull base in cases of pathologically positive perineural invasion. ..
- Usefulness of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography as predictor of distant metastasis in preoperative carbon-ion radiotherapy for pancreatic cancerMakoto Shinoto
Ion Beam Therapy Center, SAGA HIMAT Foundation, Tosu, Japan, 415 Harakoga machi, Tosu, 841 0071, Japan
Anticancer Res 33:5579-84. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the role of FDG-PET regarding the indication of preoperative carbon-ion radiotherapy (CIRT) for pancreatic cancer patients...
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for primary lung cancers clinically diagnosed without pathological confirmation: a single-institution experienceTadamasa Yoshitake
Department of Comprehensive Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 20:53-8. 2015..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the adverse events and the outcomes of stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for lung lesions which were clinically diagnosed as primary lung cancer without pathological confirmation...
- Prediction of outcome with FDG-PET in definitive chemoradiotherapy for esophageal cancerKazushige Atsumi
Department of Radiology, Kyushu University Beppu Hospital, 4546 Tsurumihara, Tsurumi, Beppu, Oita, 874 0838, Japan
J Radiat Res 54:890-8. 2013..05). Our result suggests that the SUVmax in FDG-PET of the primary tumor before treatment may have prognostic value for esophageal cancer...
- Carbon ion radiotherapy: clinical experiences at National Institute of Radiological Science (NIRS)Tohru Okada
Research Center for Charged Particle Therapy, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Inage, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
J Radiat Res 51:355-64. 2010..This means that carbon ion radiotherapy can offer treatment for larger numbers of patients than is possible with other modalities over the same time period...