Affiliation: National Institute of Neuroscience
- Out-of-pocket expenditure burdens in patients with cardiovascular conditions and psychological distress: a nationwide cross-sectional studyYasuyuki Okumura
Department of Social Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo 187 8553, Japan
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 35:233-8. 2013....
- Characteristics, procedural differences, and costs of inpatients with drug poisoning in acute care hospitals in JapanYasuyuki Okumura
Department of Social Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira 187 8553, Tokyo, Japan
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 34:681-5. 2012..This study aimed to describe the clinical and procedural characteristics of drug poisoning, to examine procedural differences between drug poisoning repeaters and non-repeaters, and to estimate the costs of drug poisoning...
- Is antipsychotic polypharmacy associated with metabolic syndrome even after adjustment for lifestyle effects?: a cross-sectional studyFuminari Misawa
Yamanashi Prefectural Kita Hospital, 3314 13 Kamijominamiwari, Asahi machi, Nerasaki shi, Yamanashi, Japan
BMC Psychiatry 11:118. 2011..This study aimed to investigate the degree that antipsychotic polypharmacy contributed to metabolic syndrome in outpatients with schizophrenia, after adjustment for the effects of lifestyle...
- Prevalence of diabetes and antipsychotic prescription patterns in patients with schizophrenia: a nationwide retrospective cohort studyYasuyuki Okumura
Department of Social Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Schizophr Res 119:145-52. 2010....
- Statistical power and effect sizes of depression research in JapanYasuyuki Okumura
Graduate School of Literature and Social Sciences, Nihon University, Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 65:356-64. 2011..The present study aimed to estimate the statistical power and to obtain realistic target effect sizes of depression research in Japan...
- Hospital readmission in first-time admitted patients with schizophrenia: smoking patients had higher hospital readmission rate than non-smoking patientsMika Kobayashi
National Institute of Mental Health, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Psychiatry Med 40:247-57. 2010..To consider smoke-free policies for the patients with schizophrenia, the present study examined how smoking behavior is related to hospital readmission among patients with schizophrenia...
- Prognostic value of depression, anxiety, and anger in hospitalized cardiovascular disease patients for predicting adverse cardiac outcomesShunichi Nakamura
Division of Cardiology and Regenerative Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Cardiol 111:1432-6. 2013..Anger may help prevent adverse outcomes. Routine screening for depression should therefore be performed in patients with CVD, and the potential effects of anger in clinical practice should be reconsidered...
- Japan Unified Protocol Clinical Trial for Depressive and Anxiety Disorders (JUNP study): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialMasaya Ito
National Center for Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Research, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Ogawa Higashi 4 1 1, Kodaira, Tokyo, 187 8511, Japan
BMC Psychiatry 16:71. 2016..However, no randomized controlled trial has been conducted to verify the efficacy of the unified protocol on the heterogeneous clinical population with depressive and anxiety disorders...
- Depression treatment preferences among Japanese undergraduates: using conjoint analysisYasuyuki Okumura
Department of Social Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental Health, National Centre of Neurology and Psychiatry, Japan
Int J Soc Psychiatry 58:195-203. 2012..Treatment preferences may contribute to seeking and adhering to professional help for depression. Few studies have considered practical barriers and controlled for individual difference factors...
- Latent structure of depression in a Japanese population sample: taxometric proceduresYasuyuki Okumura
Graduate School of Literature and Social Sciences, Nihon University, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:666-73. 2009..The present study investigated whether the latent structure of depression is categorical or dimensional using an unselected general community sample...