Affiliation: National Institute of Neuroscience
- Culturally sensitive and universal measure of resilience for Japanese populations: Tachikawa Resilience Scale in comparison with Resilience Scale 14-item versionDaisuke Nishi
National Institute of Mental Health, Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 67:174-81. 2013..This study aimed to develop a concise scale of resilience for Japanese populations, and compare its validity to that of the Resilience Scale 14-item version (RS-14), one of the most widely used scales for measuring resilience...
- The Tachikawa cohort of motor vehicle accident study investigating psychological distress: design, methods and cohort profilesYutaka Matsuoka
Dept of Adult Mental Health, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8553, Japan
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:333-40. 2009..This study examined the association of medical and psychosocial variables evaluated shortly after admission to the acute critical care center with long-term psychiatric morbidity risk in patients with accidental injuries...
- Incidence and prediction of post-traumatic stress disorder at 6 months after motor vehicle accidents in JapanDaisuke Nishi
National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Psychosomatics 54:263-71. 2013..This study examined the incidence proportion of PTSD at 6 months after MVA in Japan, and the predictors of PTSD in MVA survivors...
- Impact of psychiatric morbidity on quality of life after motor vehicle accident at 1-month follow upYutaka Matsuoka
Department of Adult Mental Health, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 63:235-7. 2009..Results indicated that psychiatric morbidity has an adverse effect on quality of life...
- Glutamatergic system abnormalities in posttraumatic stress disorderDaisuke Nishi
Department of Psychiatry, National Disaster Medical Center, 3256 Midoricho, Tachikawa, Tokyo, 190 0014, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 232:4261-8. 2015....
- Tachikawa project for prevention of posttraumatic stress disorder with polyunsaturated fatty acid (TPOP): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialYutaka Matsuoka
Department of Psychiatry, National Disaster Medical Center, 3256 Midoricho, 190 0014, Tachikawa, Tokyo, Japan
BMC Psychiatry 13:8. 2013..This paper describes the rationale and protocol of this trial...
- Longitudinal changes in serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor in accident survivors with posttraumatic stress disorderYutaka Matsuoka
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Translational Medical Center, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Neuropsychobiology 68:44-50. 2013..This prospective cohort study investigated the serum levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which mediates synaptic plasticity crucial for fear memory extinction, in patients severely injured in motor vehicle accidents (MVAs)...
- Serum neuropeptide Y in accident survivors with depression or posttraumatic stress disorderDaisuke Nishi
Department of Psychiatry, National Disaster Medical Center, 3256 Midoricho, Tachikawa 190 0014, Japan CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency, 3256 Midoricho, Tachikawa 190 0014, Japan Department of Mental Health Policy and Evaluation, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi cho, Kodaira 187 8551, Japan
Neurosci Res 83:8-12. 2014..Further studies are needed to examine the relationships between NPY in CNS and depression and PTSD. ..
- Incidence and prediction of psychiatric morbidity after a motor vehicle accident in Japan: the Tachikawa Cohort of Motor Vehicle Accident StudyYutaka Matsuoka
National Disaster Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Crit Care Med 36:74-80. 2008....
- Fish consumption and resilience to depression in Japanese company workers: a cross-sectional studyEisho Yoshikawa
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Nippon Medical School Tama Nagayama Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Lipids Health Dis 14:51. 2015..However, associations between depression, resilience, and fish consumption have not been documented. The aim of the study is to investigate the association between fish consumption and resilience to depression...
- Reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the Resilience Scale and its short versionDaisuke Nishi
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Research Institute, National Disaster Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
BMC Res Notes 3:310. 2010..The aim of this study is to demonstrate the reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the Resilience Scale (RS) and short version of the RS (RS-14)...
- Posttraumatic growth, posttraumatic stress disorder and resilience of motor vehicle accident survivorsDaisuke Nishi
Department of Psychiatry, National Disaster Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Biopsychosoc Med 4:7. 2010....
- Secondary traumatic stress and associated factors among Japanese nurses working in hospitalsMiyuki H Komachi
Department of Family Nursing, Division of Health Sciences and Nursing, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Nurs Pract 18:155-63. 2012..It is necessary to develop support systems for nurses at risk for secondary traumatic stress...