Affiliation: National Institute of Infectious Diseases
- Vaccinia Virus LC16m8∆ as a Vaccine Vector for Clinical ApplicationsMinoru Kidokoro
Department of Virology III, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashimurayama shi, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
Vaccines (Basel) 2:755-71. 2014..Thus, the safety and efficacy of LC16m8∆ mean that it represents an outstanding platform for the development of human vaccine vectors. ..
- Genetically stable and fully effective smallpox vaccine strain constructed from highly attenuated vaccinia LC16m8Minoru Kidokoro
Department of Virology III, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashimurayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4152-7. 2005..Our results suggest that this vaccine strain is a good candidate as a suitable smallpox vaccine and a vector virus, and that B5R is not essential for protective immunity against smallpox...
- Characterization of mumps viruses circulating in Mongolia: identification of a novel cluster of genotype HMinoru Kidokoro
Department of Virology III, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 49:1917-25. 2011..However, the virus does not exhibit prominent neurovirulence in rats...
- MicroRNA regulation of glycoprotein B5R in oncolytic vaccinia virus reduces viral pathogenicity without impairing its antitumor efficacyMina Hikichi
Core Facility for Therapeutic Vectors, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Ther 19:1107-15. 2011..These results demonstrate that miRNA-based gene regulation is a potentially novel and versatile platform for engineering vaccinia viruses for cancer virotherapy...
- SARS-CoV spike protein-expressing recombinant vaccinia virus efficiently induces neutralizing antibodies in rabbits pre-immunized with vaccinia virusMasahiro Kitabatake
Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, 3 18 22, Honkomagome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8613, Japan
Vaccine 25:630-7. 2007..RVV-S can induce NT antibodies against SARS-CoV despite the presence of NT antibodies against VV. These results suggest that RVV-S may be a powerful SARS vaccine, including in patients previously immunized with the smallpox vaccine...
- Large-scale preparation of biologically active measles virus haemagglutinin expressed by attenuated vaccinia virus vectorsMinoru Kidokoro
Department of Research and Development, Chiba Serum Institute, 2 6 1 Kohnodai, Ichikawa, Chiba 272 0827, Japan
Microbes Infect 4:1035-44. 2002..Such recombinant haemagglutinin preparations will be useful in diagnostic tests that measure functional anti-measles immunity and investigate the biological functions and structure of the haemagglutinin...
- [A new role of domestic small pox vaccine]Masanobu Sugimoto
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 48:1693-701. 2003
- Development and biological properties of a new live attenuated mumps vaccineShizuko Saika
Chiba Prefectural Institute of Public Health, 666 2 Nitona cho, Chuo Ku, Chiba City, Chiba 260 8715, Japan
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 29:89-99. 2006..Although the safety and immunogenicity should be confirmed in further field trials in humans, the present results indicate that the Y125 could be a promising vaccine candidate...
- Rescue system for measles virus from cloned cDNA driven by vaccinia virus Lister vaccine strainYuichiro Nakatsu
Department of Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Virol Methods 137:152-5. 2006..This safer and more efficient system will facilitate further the genetic manipulation of measles virus in basic research and virus vector development...