Affiliation: National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 promotes osteogenesis within atelopeptide type I collagen solution by combination with rat cultured marrow cellsMasako Ikeuchi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara 634 8522, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 60:61-9. 2002..Therefore, this study suggests that clinical repairs of bone defects are feasible using injectable AC solution with rhBMP-2 and cultured MSCs as a bone substitute...
- Role of metallothionein isoforms in bone formation processes in rat marrow mesenchymal stem cells in cultureYoshiko Dohi
Department of Public Health, Nara Medical University, Kashihara City, Japan
Biol Trace Elem Res 104:57-70. 2005..The results suggest that the large amounts of MT-2 are produced in the early stage of subculture of MSCs, and this might regulate their differentiation...
- Influence of the porosity of hydroxyapatite ceramics on in vitro and in vivo bone formation by cultured rat bone marrow stromal cellsMasanori Okamoto
Department of Otolaryngology, Nara Medical University School of Medicine, Kashihara, Japan
J Mater Sci Mater Med 17:327-36. 2006..In this in vivo model, different scaffold porosity with similar crystal morphology of the apatite phase demonstrated marked differences in ability to support osteogenesis by implanted rat MSCs...
- Recombinant growth/differentiation factor-5 (GDF-5) stimulates osteogenic differentiation of marrow mesenchymal stem cells in porous hydroxyapatite ceramicHideki Shimaoka
Department of Public Health, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijocho, Kashihara, Nara 634 8521, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res A 68:168-76. 2004..The results indicate that GDF-5 synergistically enhances de novo bone formation capability of MSCs/HA composite and suggest that tissue-engineered GDF/MSCs/HA composites could be used as bone graft substitutes...
- Osteogenic differentiation of cultured rat and human bone marrow cells on the surface of zinc-releasing calcium phosphate ceramicsMasako Ikeuchi
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tissue Engineering Research Center TERC, 3 11 46 Nakouji, Amagasaki, Hyougo 661 0974, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res A 67:1115-22. 2003....
- Bone tissue engineering using novel interconnected porous hydroxyapatite ceramics combined with marrow mesenchymal cells: quantitative and three-dimensional image analysisMasataka Nishikawa
Department of Orthopaedics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Cell Transplant 13:367-76. 2004..The results indicate that a combination of HA150 and mesenchymal cells could be used as an excellent bone graft substitute because of its mechanical properties and capability of inducing bone formation...