- K-ras point mutation is associated with enhancement by deoxycholic acid of colon carcinogenesis induced by azoxymethane, but not with its attenuation by all-trans-retinoic acidH Narahara
Department of Gastroenterology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Int J Cancer 88:157-61. 2000..However, decreased cell proliferation in the colon mucosa may be closely related to the attenuation of DCA-enhanced colon tumorigenesis, but not suppression of K-ras point mutation...
- Effectiveness of endoscopic mucosal resection with submucosal saline injection technique for superficial squamous carcinomas of the esophagusH Narahara
Departments of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Oncology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 52:730-4. 2000..Therefore, in this study, the effectiveness of endoscopic mucosal resection with submucosal saline injection for removal of superficial esophageal cancers was investigated prospectively...
- Attenuation by ambroxol of monochloramine-enhanced gastric carcinogenesis: a possible prevention against Helicobacter pylori-associated gastric carcinogenesisH Narahara
Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, 3 3, Nakamichi 1 chome, Higashinari ku, 537 8511, Osaka, Japan
Cancer Lett 168:117-24. 2001..Because monochloramine is closely related to Helicobacter pylori-associated gastric carcinogenesis, these findings suggest that ambroxol may prevent H. pylori-associated gastric carcinogenesis...
- Induction by bombesin of peritoneal metastasis of gastric cancers induced by N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine in Wistar ratsM Tatsuta
Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Nakamichi 1-chome, Higashinari-ku, Osaka 537-8511, Japan
Gastric Cancer 4:14-9. 2001..Bombesin also increased the activity of Rho protein in the tumors. CONCLUSION: Bombesin significantly increased the incidence of peritoneal metastasis from gastric cancers through the activation of Rho protein...
- Natural history of early gastric cancer: a non-concurrent, long term, follow up studyH Tsukuma
Department of Cancer Control and Statistics, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Nakamichi, Osaka, Japan
Gut 47:618-21. 2000....
- Endoscopic resection with a two-channel videoendoscope for gastric carcinoid tumorsK Higashino
Department of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:269-72. 2004..To completely remove these tumors, we used a two-channel videoendoscope with which both grasping forceps and a polypectomy snare could be used simultaneously...
- Evaluation of epithelial cell proliferation rate in normal-appearing colonic mucosa as a high-risk marker for colorectal cancerI Akedo
Department of Cancer Epidemiology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka 537 8511, Japan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:925-30. 2001..2-10.6). Moreover, multivariate analysis showed that it was an independent factor. We concluded that the higher upper-third Ki-67 LI of normal-appearing mucosa in the sigmoid colon indicates a high risk for colorectal cancer...
- Phase I/II study of docetaxel and S-1 in patients with advanced gastric cancerK Yamaguchi
Department of Gastroenterology, Saitama Cancer Centre, Ina machi, Kitaadachi gun, Japan
Br J Cancer 94:1803-8. 2006..3-17.3 months), respectively. The most common grade 3/4 toxicity was neutropenia (67% of patients), which was predictable and manageable. This regimen showed promising activity with moderate toxicities in advanced gastric cancer...