Genomes and Genes
- LKB1 and AMP-activated protein kinase: regulators of cell polarityAtsushi Nakano
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Genes Cells 17:737-47. 2012..Here, we review the mechanisms and factors responsible for organizing cell polarity and the role of LKB1 and AMPK in cell polarity...
- Identification of p32 as a novel substrate for ATM in heartHisakazu Kato
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 366:885-91. 2008..Since p32 is known to regulate mRNA splicing and transcription, p32 phosphorylation by ATM might be a new transcriptional regulatory pathway for specific DNA damage responses in heart...
- Isoform-specific intermolecular disulfide bond formation of heterochromatin protein 1 (HP1)Shuichiro Higo
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:31337-47. 2010..Under oxidative conditions, HP1γ dimerized and held TIF1β in a chromatin component and inhibited its repression ability. Our results highlight a novel, isoform-specific role for HP1 as a sensor of the cellular redox state...
- Augmented AMPK activity inhibits cell migration by phosphorylating the novel substrate Pdlim5Yi Yan
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nat Commun 6:6137. 2015..Taken together, our findings indicate that phosphorylation of Pdlim5 on Ser177 by AMPK mediates inhibition of cell migration by suppressing the Rac1-Arp2/3 signalling pathway. ..
- Evaluation of intramitochondrial ATP levels identifies G0/G1 switch gene 2 as a positive regulator of oxidative phosphorylationHidetaka Kioka
Departments of Medical Biochemistry and Cardiovascular Medicine and Center for Research Education, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:273-8. 2014..These findings contribute to the understanding of a unique stress response to energy depletion. Additionally, this study shows the importance of assessing intramitochondrial ATP levels to evaluate OXPHOS activity in living cells. ..
- Data Mining as a Powerful Tool for Creating Novel Drugs in Cardiovascular Medicine: The Importance of a "Back-and-Forth Loop" Between Clinical Data and Basic ResearchMasafumi Kitakaze
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine and Development, National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center, 5 7 1, Fujishirodai, Suita, 565 8565, Japan
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 29:309-15. 2015..With such a "back-and-forth loop" between clinical observation and basic research, data-mining methods may provide novel strategies leading to new tools for clinicians, basic findings for researchers, and better outcomes for patients. ..
- Identification of a novel substrate for TNFalpha-induced kinase NUAK2Hiroyuki Yamamoto
Department of Medical Information Science, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:541-7. 2008..These data suggests different phosphorylation and regulation of MYPT1 activity by NUAK2...
- Identification of genes related to heart failure using global gene expression profiling of human failing myocardiumKyung Duk Min
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 393:55-60. 2010..Hence, microarray analysis combined with clinical parameters can be an effective method to identify novel therapeutic targets for the prevention or management of heart failure...