Affiliation: Miyazaki Medical College
- Complete genome sequence of enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli O157:H7 and genomic comparison with a laboratory strain K-12T Hayashi
Department of Microbiology, Miyazaki Medical College, Kiyotake, Japan
DNA Res 8:11-22. 2001..A complete set of the genes specific to O157:H7 presented here sheds new insight into the pathogenicity and the physiology of O157:H7, and will open a way to fully understand the molecular mechanisms underlying the O157:H7 infection...
- Diversification of Escherichia coli genomes: are bacteriophages the major contributors?M Ohnishi
Department of Microbiology, Miyazaki Medical College, 5200 Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Trends Microbiol 9:481-5. 2001....
- Complete nucleotide sequence of a Staphylococcus aureus exfoliative toxin B plasmid and identification of a novel ADP-ribosyltransferase, EDIN-CT Yamaguchi
Department of Microbiology, Hiroshima University Faculty of Dentistry, Kasumi 1-2-3, Minami-ku, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima 734-8553, Japan
Infect Immun 69:7760-71. 2001..The size variation of the plasmid is mainly attributed to defined regions which may be hot spots for gene shuffling...
- Delayed resolution of intracranial germinoma after radiotherapy: a preliminary study of the correlation between histology and magnetic resonance imagingH Ochiai
Department of Neurosurgery, Miyazaki Prefectural Hospital, Kiyotake, Japan
Neuropathology 20:190-6. 2000..Long-standing enhancement seen on MRI or CT scans of patients with an intracranial germinoma is indicative of a large amount of interstitial component in the tumor...
- Synchronous double cancer of the stomach and rectum with situs inversus totalis and polysplenia syndromeT Iwamura
Department of Surgery, Miyazaki Prefectural General Hospital, Miyazaki, Japan
J Clin Gastroenterol 33:148-53. 2001..The patient was successfully treated with total gastrectomy for gastric cancer and low-anterior resection of the rectum for rectal cancer...
- Brain surface ependymomaY Sato
Department of Pathology, Prefectural Hospital Miyazaki, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Neuropathology 20:315-8. 2000..A clear cell component resembling oligodendroglioma was partly noted. The tumor cells showed positive immunoreaction for glial fibrillary acid protein and vimentin...