Affiliation: Mie University
- Endogenous neutralizing anti-IL-1 alpha autoantibodies in inflammatory skin diseases: possible natural inhibitor for over expressed epidermal IL-1H Mizutani
Department of Dermatology, Mie University School of Medicine, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 20:63-71. 1998..Taken together present data, the keratinocyte derived IL-1alpha could be a source of autoantigen that provokes production of endogenous anti-IL-1alpha autoantibody, which may regulate IL-1alpha mediated cutaneous inflammation...
- Intranasally administered antigen 85B gene vaccine in non-replicating human Parainfluenza type 2 virus vector ameliorates mouse atopic dermatitisHiroshi Kitagawa
Department of Dermatology, Mie University, Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e66614. 2013..The respiratory tract epithelium captured rhPIV2 effectively without remarkable cytotoxic effects. These results suggested that rhPIV2/Ag85B might be a potent therapeutic tool to control allergic disorders. ..
- Single step modified ink staining for Tzanck test: quick detection of herpetic giant cells in Tzanck smearHitoshi Mizutani
Departments of Dermatology Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Mie University, Tsu, Mie, Japan
J Dermatol 39:138-40. 2012..One step staining of Tzanck smear using this diluted ink solution is an inexpensive and a convenient bedside diagnostic tool for the dermatologist...
- Heat-killed bacillus Calmette-Guérin and Mycobacterium kansasii antigen 85B combined vaccination ameliorates dermatitis in a mouse model of atopic dermatitis by inducing regulatory T cellsM Kakeda
Department of Dermatology Immunology, Mie University, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Br J Dermatol 166:953-63. 2012..Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) has been used for preventing tuberculosis, and is regarded as a strong Th1 cytokine inducer. Antigen (Ag) 85B is a secretory protein present in Mycobacterium species that induces Th1 cytokine production...
- IL-4/IL-13 antagonist DNA vaccination successfully suppresses Th2 type chronic dermatitisT Morioka
Department of Dermatology, Mie University, Tsu, Japan
Br J Dermatol 160:1172-9. 2009..We have recently developed a highly efficient mouse dominant negative interleukin (IL)-4/IL-13 antagonist (IL-4DM), which blocks both IL-4 and IL-13 signal transductions...
- 1,24-Dihydroxyvitamin D₃ (tacalcitol) prevents skin T-cell infiltrationK I Yamanaka
Department of Dermatology Immunology, Mie University, Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Br J Dermatol 162:1206-15. 2010..We recently reported that 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D₃ inhibits skin infiltration of CD4+ T cells by suppressing CLA expression on T cells...
- Cytokeratin expression in subungual squamous cell carcinomaI Kurokawa
Department of Dermatology, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Mie, Japan
J Int Med Res 34:441-3. 2006..The tumour nests contained cytokeratin 14, 16 and 17, which were also expressed in the nail bed. Therefore, cytokeratin expression in subungual squamous cell carcinoma may reflect its indolent clinical prognosis...
- Topical suplatast tosilate (IPD) ameliorates Th2 cytokine-mediated dermatitis in caspase-1 transgenic mice by downregulating interleukin-4 and interleukin-5T Murakami
Department of Dermatology, Mie University, Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Br J Dermatol 155:27-32. 2006..AD is associated with Th2 cytokines including interleukin (IL)-4, IL-5, IL-13 and IL-10. Systemic administration of suplatast tosilate (IPD) is currently used to treat Th2 cytokine-mediated AD...
- Simultaneous development of two cases of eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome with the same lot of L-tryptophan in JapanT Mizutani
Department of Dermatology, Mie University, School of Medicine, Japan
J Am Acad Dermatol 25:512-7. 1991..These findings implicate the existence of another factor in the development of eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome in addition to the suspect L-tryptophan...
- Keratinizing squamous epithelium associated with Syringocystadenoma papilliferum differentiates towards infrainfundibulum: case report with immunohistochemical study of cytokeratinsI Kurokawa
Department of Dermatology, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Edobashi, Tsu, Mie, Japan
J Int Med Res 33:590-3. 2005..Within the keratinizing squamous epithelium, CK1, 10, 14 and 17 were present, whereas the other CKs were absent. Based on CK expression, keratinizing squamous epithelium in SCAP seems to differentiate towards the infrainfundibulum...
- Trichoadenoma: cytokeratin expression suggesting differentiation towards the follicular infundibulum and follicular bulge regionsI Kurokawa
Br J Dermatol 153:1084-6. 2005