Affiliation: Kyushu University
- Organization of intralaminar and translaminar neuronal connectivity in the superficial spinal dorsal hornGo Kato
Department of Anesthesia, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Neurosci 29:5088-99. 2009..These results reveal a specific three-dimensional organization in the local patterns of excitatory and inhibitory connectivity that has implications for the processing of information related to both somatotopy and sensory modality...
- Three-dimensional organization of local excitatory and inhibitory inputs to neurons in laminae III-IV of the spinal dorsal hornGo Kato
A M Strassman Dept Anesthesia, CLS 647, Beth Israel Deaconess Med Ctr, 3 Blackfan Circle, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Physiol 591:5645-60. 2013..ventral), whether the input is excitatory or inhibitory, and the laminar position of the postsynaptic neuron...
- Subpopulation-specific patterns of intrinsic connectivity in mouse superficial dorsal horn as revealed by laser scanning photostimulationMasafumi Kosugi
Dept Anesthesia and Critical Care, Beth Israel Deaconess Med Ctr and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Physiol 591:1935-49. 2013..The results point to the presence of cell type specificity in dorsal horn circuitry, and show how the study of connectivity can itself help identify previously unrecognized neuronal populations...
- Differential wiring of local excitatory and inhibitory synaptic inputs to islet cells in rat spinal lamina II demonstrated by laser scanning photostimulationGo Kato
Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, DA 719, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Physiol 580:815-33. 2007..This differential organization of excitatory and inhibitory inputs suggests a principle for the wiring of local circuitry within the substantia gelatinosa...
- Separate inhibitory and excitatory components underlying receptive field organization in superficial medullary dorsal horn neuronsGo Kato
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Neurosci 31:17300-5. 2011....
- Application of in vivo patch-clamp technique to pharmacological analysis of synaptic transmission in the CNSMegumu Yoshimura
Department of Integrative Physiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi 124:111-8. 2004..Thus, combinatorial studies with dissociated or cultured neurons or with slice preparations are clearly required for further understanding of pharmacological properties of neurons in the CNS...