Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Kumamoto University
- Association between circulating leukocyte subtype counts and carotid intima-media thickness in Japanese subjects with type 2 diabetesTakeshi Matsumura
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 12:177. 2013..We therefore investigated the correlation between leukocyte subtype counts and intima-media thickness of the common carotid artery (CCA-IMT) in subjects with type 2 diabetes...
- Forkhead transcription factors (FoxOs) promote apoptosis of insulin-resistant macrophages during cholesterol-induced endoplasmic reticulum stressTakafumi Senokuchi
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Diabetes 57:2967-76. 2008..However, the molecular mechanisms of increased apoptosis in insulin-resistant macrophages remain unclear...
- Hepatic insulin signaling regulates VLDL secretion and atherogenesis in miceSeongah Han
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, 630 West 168th St, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Invest 119:1029-41. 2009..These findings suggest a dual action of hepatic IR on lipoprotein levels, in which the ability to increase VLDL apoB and lipid secretion via AKT/GSK is offset by upregulation of Ldlr...
- Macrophage deficiency of p38alpha MAPK promotes apoptosis and plaque necrosis in advanced atherosclerotic lesions in miceTracie A Seimon
Department of Medicine, Division of Molecular Medicine, Columbia University, PH 9 405, 630 W 168th Street, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Invest 119:886-98. 2009..Our results demonstrate that p38alpha MAPK may play a critical role in suppressing ER stress-induced macrophage apoptosis in vitro and advanced lesional macrophage apoptosis in vivo...
- SR-BI inhibits ABCG1-stimulated net cholesterol efflux from cells to plasma HDLLaurent Yvan-Charvet
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Lipid Res 49:107-14. 2008..Previous findings of increased atherosclerosis in mice transplanted with SR-BI(-/-) bone marrow probably cannot be explained by a defect in macrophage cholesterol efflux...
- Voltage-gated K+ channel KCNQ1 regulates insulin secretion in MIN6 β-cell lineKazuya Yamagata
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 407:620-5. 2011..These results suggest that increased KCNQ1 protein expression limits insulin secretion from pancreatic β-cells by regulating the potassium channel current...
- Telmisartan exerts antiatherosclerotic effects by activating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ in macrophagesTakeshi Matsumura
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1268-75. 2011..Here, we investigated the molecular basis of the antiatherosclerotic effects of telmisartan in macrophages and apolipoprotein E-deficient mice...
- The macrophage at the crossroads of insulin resistance and atherosclerosisChien Ping Liang
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Circ Res 100:1546-55. 2007....