Affiliation: Kinki University
- The clinical risk score predicts the effectiveness of adjuvant chemotherapy for colorectal liver metastasisTakuya Nakai
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kinki University, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka, 589 8511, Japan
World J Surg 39:1527-36. 2015..We investigated the efficacy of adjuvant chemotherapy for CRLM with the clinical risk score (CRS) proposed by Fong et al...
- Unresectable colorectal liver metastases: the safety and efficacy of conversion therapy using hepatic arterial infusion immunochemotherapy with 5-fluorouracil and polyethylene glycol-interferon α-2aTakuya Nakai
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kinki University, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, 589 8511 Osaka, Japan
World J Surg 37:1919-26. 2013..The purpose of this study was to investigate the safety and efficacy of conversion therapy following HAI immunochemotherapy...
- Significance of HBV DNA in the hepatic parenchyma from patients with non-B, non-C hepatocellular carcinomaTakuya Nakai
Department of Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka, 589 8511, Japan
World J Surg 30:1338-43. 2006..The etiologic and prognostic factors for non-B, non-C hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), which is defined by its seronegativity for both hepatitis B surface antigen and hepatitis C virus (HCV) antibody, remain unclear...
- Prevention of bile leak after major hepatectomyTakuya Nakai
First Department of Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1286-8. 2004..Bile leak remains a serious complication after major hepatectomy. The usefulness of external biliary drainage to prevent intraperitoneal bile leak was studied...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) recurring 10 years after clearance of hepatitis B surface antigen and 20 years after resection of hepatitis B virus-related HCCHiroji Shinkawa
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Abeno Ku, Osaka, 545 8585, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 13:562-6. 2008..Cassette-ligation-mediated PCR showed that HBV DNA was integrated into the telomerase reverse transcriptase gene located on chromosome 5p15...
- Surgical Outcomes for the Ruptured Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Multicenter Analysis with a Case-Controlled StudyShogo Tanaka
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abenoku, Osaka, 545 8585, Japan
J Gastrointest Surg 20:2021-2034. 2016..While spontaneously ruptured hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) has a poor prognosis, the true impact of a rupture on survival after hepatic resection is unclear...
- Treatment of large and/or multiple hepatic malignancies: open surgical approaches of radiofrequency ablationYasunori Minami
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka Sayama, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:2358-60. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the safety and efficacy of open intraoperative radiofrequency ablation of unresectable hepatic malignancies with size larger than 4 cm in diameter and/or more than three in number...
- Two cases of hepatocellular carcinoma located adjacent to the Glisson's capsule treated by laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation with intraductal chilled saline perfusion through an endoscopic nasobiliary drainage tubeYasuyuki Nakata
Department of Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osakasayama, Osaka, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 20:e189-92. 2010..This procedure is performed under general anesthesia and, unlike those performed under local anesthesia, is associated with minimal stress to patients and minimal risk of bile duct injury...
- Clinicopathological features of recurrence in patients after 10-year disease-free survival following curative hepatic resection of hepatocellular carcinomaMasaki Kaibori
Department of Surgery, Hirakata Hospital, Kansai Medical University, 2 3 1 Shinmachi, Hirakata, Osaka, 573 1191, Japan
World J Surg 37:820-8. 2013..The present study aimed to clarify the clinicopathologic features of long-term disease-fee survival after resection of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Low Incidence of Lymph Node Metastasis After Resection of Hepatitis Virus-Related Intrahepatic CholangiocarcinomaHiroya Iida
Department of Surgery, Kansai Medical University, 2 5 1 Shinmachi, Hirakata, Osaka, 573 1010, Japan
World J Surg . 2016..We determined the rates of initial lymph node metastasis following curative resection of mass-forming type-intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC) in patients with and without hepatitis virus infection...
- Questionnaire survey on work motivations of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary pancreatic surgeons enrolled in a Japanese national interdisciplinary programMasaki Kaibori
Department of Surgery, Hirakata Hospital, Kansai Medical University, Hirakata, Osaka, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 23:697-702. 2016..There is concern regarding a shortage of hepatobiliary pancreatic (HBP) surgery residents in Japan. A questionnaire survey was designed to assess the work motivations of Japanese gastrointestinal (GI) and HBP surgeons...
- Carcinoid tumor of the extrahepatic bile duct: report of a caseTakeo Yasuda
Department of Surgery, Kinki University Faculty of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, 589 8511, Japan
Clin J Gastroenterol 6:177-87. 2013..Primary carcinoid tumors of the extrahepatic bile duct are very rare. Herein we report this rare case with a review of the literature. ..
- High survival in patients operated for small isolated liver metastases from gastric cancer: a multi-institutional studyKoji Komeda
Department of General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka Medical College Hospital, Takatsuki, 2 7 Daigaku machi, Takatsuki City, Osaka, 569 8686, Japan
World J Surg 38:2692-7. 2014..This study was designed to identify prognostic determinants that identify operable hepatic metastases from gastric cancer and to evaluate the actual targets of surgical therapy...
- Late-onset bile leakage after hepatic resectionMasaki Kaibori
Department of Surgery, Hirakata Hospital, Kansai Medical University, Hirakata, Osaka, Japan Electronic address
Surgery 157:37-44. 2015..We analyzed differences between patients with early- and late-onset bile leakage after hepatic resection and assessed clinical characteristics and outcomes in patients with late-onset leakage...
- Clinical characteristics of hepatitis B core antibody-positive hepatocellular carcinomaTakuya Nakai
First Department of Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2, Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
World J Surg 26:700-3. 2002..Although HBsAg and HCVAb are used for conventional screening of patients with hepatic disorders, we believe that screening is also necessary in patients with positive HBcAb titers for early detection of HCC...
- Laparoscopic excision of an epidermoid cyst arising from the deep abdominal wallHajime Ishikawa
Department of Surgery, Kinki University, Osaka, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 19:e221-4. 2009..The excised specimen was a cyst covered with a smooth thin membrane and contained sludge. Histopathologic examination revealed an epidermoid cyst. This is a very rare case with no previous reports on a similar type of epidermoid cyst...
- Pylorotomy in pylorus-preserving pancreaticoduodenectomyTakuya Nakai
First Department of Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 53:947-9. 2006..The incidence of delayed gastric emptying after pylorus-preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy has been reported to be 30% to 70%...
- An immunohistochemical study of osteopontin in pigment gallstone formationMotohiro Imano
Department of Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Am Surg 76:91-5. 2010..Our results indicate that Opn, an acidic glycoprotein from the gallbladder epithelium, seems to be involved in lithiasis. Opn from macrophages and/or the epithelium seems to help form the matrix protein...
- Inter- and intra-tumor profiling of multi-regional colon cancer and metastasisAkihiro Kogita
Department of Surgery, Kinki University Faculty of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 458:52-6. 2015..Characterization of inter- and inter-tumor heterogeneity can lead to underestimation of the tumor genomics landscape and treatment strategy of personal medicine. ..
- Comparison of standard-dose and low-dose gemcitabine regimens in pancreatic adenocarcinoma patients: a prospective randomized trialHiroki Sakamoto
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, 589 8511, Japan
J Gastroenterol 41:70-6. 2006....