Affiliation: Keio University
- How does interoceptive awareness interact with the subjective experience of emotion? An fMRI studyYuri Terasawa
Department of Psychology, Keio University, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Brain Mapp 34:598-612. 2013..Thus, awareness of one's own emotional state appears to involve the integration of interoceptive information with an interpretation of the current situation...
- The reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the Levels of Emotional Awareness Scale (LEAS-J)Tetsuya Igarashi
Department of Psychosomatic Research, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawa higashi Kodaira City, Tokyo, 187 8553, Japan
Biopsychosoc Med 5:2. 2011..abstract:..
- Anterior insular cortex mediates bodily sensibility and social anxietyYuri Terasawa
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Department of Psychophysiology, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawa Higashi cho, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 8:259-66. 2013..Our findings suggest that attention to interoceptive sensation affects personality traits through how we feel emotion subjectively in various situations...
- Neural Networks for Mindfulness and Emotion SuppressionHiroki Murakami
Integrated Neuroscience Research Project, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0128005. 2015..Thus, the two types of emotion regulation recruit different top-down modulation processes localized at prefrontal areas. These different pathways are discussed. ..
- Altered brain activity for phonological manipulation in dyslexic Japanese childrenYosuke Kita
1 Department of Developmental Disorders, National Institute of Mental Health, National Centre of Neurology and Psychiatry NCNP, Tokyo, Japan
Brain 136:3696-708. 2013..These are initial findings concerning the neurobiological impairments in dyslexic Japanese children. ..
- Deficits in prospective memory following damage to the prefrontal cortexSatoshi Umeda
Department of Psychology, Centre for Advanced Research on Logic and Sensibility CARLS, Keio University, 2 15 45 Mita, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8345, Japan
Neuropsychologia 49:2178-84. 2011..These data contribute to our understanding of the neural substrates and functional characteristics of the PMC...
- Integration of cognitive and affective networks in humor comprehensionMidori Shibata
Department of Psychology, Hokkaido University, Kita 10, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan Global Research Centre of Logic and Sensibility, Keio University, Tokyo 108 0073, Japan Electronic address
Neuropsychologia 65:137-45. 2014..Our findings suggest that these networks play a central role in incongruity detection and resolution, as well as in positive emotional response. ..
- Interoceptive sensitivity predicts sensitivity to the emotions of othersYuri Terasawa
a Japan Society for the Promotion of Science JSPS, Tokyo, Japan
Cogn Emot 28:1435-48. 2014..These results suggest that interoceptive awareness modulates the intensity of the subjective experience of emotion and affects individual traits related to emotion processing. ..
- Association between interoception and empathy: evidence from heartbeat-evoked brain potentialHirokata Fukushima
Department of Psychology, Keio University, 2 15 45 Mita, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8345, Japan
Int J Psychophysiol 79:259-65. 2011..These results suggest that afferent feedback from visceral activity may contribute to inferences about the affective state of others...
- Fear conditioning induced by interpersonal conflicts in healthy individualsMitsuhiro Tada
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0125729. 2015....
- Sleep debt elicits negative emotional reaction through diminished amygdala-anterior cingulate functional connectivityYuki Motomura
Department of Psychophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawa Higashi, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e56578. 2013..This study investigated changes in emotional responses that are elicited by the simulation of short-term sleep loss and the brain regions responsible for these changes...